• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tower of God Season 1

This is great, I don't think Bam's a great main character, and
Rachel's betrayal
didn't really shock me, but the other characters are great. :).

he's the usual shonen protagonist (naive, pure, crazy potential) and yes the other characters are great (Koon is the best character tbh).

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Yeah the anime is shit. Manga is way better.

Tokyo Ghoul 84-85

Obviously Kaneki wasnt the only experiment. I can see half-ghouls everywhere in the future.

pls spoilers next time ;_;

Kongou Banchou?

ehhhh idk, comedy doesn't tend to mix well with me when action and romance are involved. one piece has been the only thing to actually do something good with action and comedy but leave out romance. the three can never co-exist...

Edit:

Just caught up with kenichi! Im i the only one who doesn't want it to end and have more arcs happen?! i miss the old days when they went to school...

scy

I think Medaka Box actually plays that as a joke with one of the genre shifts.

Edit: And at this point, I'm just waiting for Kenichi to resolve so I can just marathon this entire final arc.

Well, assuming this is really truly the final arc, anyway :x

Revo

Tokyo Ghoul 80-85

More Rise-halfs eh. Was said a long time ago so guess it's time they show up. I wonder if their power differs based on what/how much they got from Rise.

dani_dc

Hey guys, what's the manga of the da-
Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous ch1

Started reading this to see what was with the reactions and...
sgD6JhX.png

...well, we're off to a strong start.

Well then.

HF0rqER.png

OH MY DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSS

Technically that was George Washington speaking.

Usobuko

Banned
Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai could get more love like Tonari no Seki-kun. Yugami is like the distant relative of Seki-kun.

Tizoc

Kingdom Vol.16 Ch.163
Yo
Kyou being of royality was a nice twist, would explain why Ouki wanted to marry her
This manga keeps on delivering.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
We dont spoiler tag discussion about chapters released in english in this thread.

I art confused... aren't all the chapters released in english? or do you mean that a publisher actually picked it up and started selling it to english speaking countries?

Hey guys, what's the manga of the da-

Well then.

A normal day on ManGAF. Had to take a break because of how strong it was here. Now I'm desensitized and ready for more.... OH GOD NOT AGAIN!

Theonik

a broken man
I thought you were a pagan fox deity.

But seriously, I'm just messing with you guys.

Now, the real person you gotta watch out for is Zweizer. That dude is crazy.
Don't know. They seem quite cool.

May I?

I'd suggest you also read
Secret Dog God Kokoro-chan
The End of Sexual Instinct and the Hydrogen Bomb
Dulce Report
, and, for shits and giggles,
Nuts Eater
See? FUCKING GREAT taste. Haven't read Nuts Eater I think though.

I art confused... aren't all the chapters released in english? or do you mean that a publisher actually picked it up and started selling it to english speaking countries?

chapters are usually in their language of origin until a scan group translates it or a publisher does it (Viz, Crunchyroll, etc).

what he means is that once its english (regardless of who did it) its fair game to post. What you can do is highlight the title and/or chapter number you are talking about so another person can know if they skip the entire post

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai could get more love like Tonari no Seki-kun. Yugami is like the distant relative of Seki-kun.
Agreed. The heroine's great too.

Meaning, the only things that get spoiler-tagged are the chapters that are not in English - i.e., stuff that hasn't been fan-translated or officially translated. Whether they be in Japanese or Chinese or whatever, discussion of them would be tagged.

For example, if only up to 10 chapters have been scanlated into English, but there are like 40 chapters released in Japan, discussion of the other 30 chapters would be tagged.

edit: beaten

scy

That said, if you think something is spoiler-tag worthy when posting yourself, just go ahead and do it. Notable for mystery series in general too as it would be kind of awkward to just have a random one-liner of the solution :x

Just know that the norm for the thread is tag-free.

Shengar

I like it's mix of the over the top action and character and story, even the calm and quiet 'breaks' after a large fight or battle mesh in really well.

I always split them into two: warfare battle, and court battle that always happened between big wars. Both are done really well.

_hekk05

Banned

Some manga translations are behind release schedules.

Like there are about 40 Tokyo Ghoul chapters I cannot post about. Or 28 Hi Score Girl chapters.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
whoa, let's not jumped to that conclusion here :0
I mean, that's why the author did it. To get the magic plotline going.

Cause she was like angela's something

or something

i'm amazed i remember that much
I know she was reading Angela's notes but like... why

\Like there are about 40 Tokyo Ghoul chapters I cannot post about. Or 28 Hi Score Girl chapters.
;_;

Zekes!

I haven't read manga for a couple years now, but I found myself being pulled back in by....

Prison School. I recently got caught up, and shit is still SO good.

I also read Masumune-kun's Revenge'cause I saw some talk about it a few pages ago, and it's pretty enjoyable.

Fuck, what am I doing

Mahou Tsukai no Yome 08

The appearance of the Fairy Queen and her worthless husband was pretty welcomed.

Of course the relationship between the main two is still pretty sweet.

Lain

You mean the f*kku shenanigans?

I don't think I saw any changes. Details?

Wani stuff and latest patch to the site. Though I had no idea the Wani stuff had to do with f place (I've only just started reading and it says they have the rights and will start publishing? If true I hope prices won't be wallet rape like all American manga prices are, especially of the H variety).

Aizo

Banned
I Am A Hero - Vol. 15 (Raw)
Oh, shit.
Tsugumi's pregnancy, that weird super-zombie shit that Hideo was dealing with, drama between the girls, Tsugumi running away... Pretty dramatic volume. Hideo's gotta become a hero now, because Tsugumi will surely be in trouble at the hospital alone. That's a really dangerous place...

So I ended up only reading a couple chapters of Nickelodeon. I think I'll read chapters here and there, but nothing really draws me in. So, I started reading some of the suggestions that you guys had given me. I couple of them really didn't click with me, although 5 Centimeters per Second really did.

Five Centimeters per Second Ch.1-End

I think it might warrant a second reading, as the narrative got a little confusing at points. Nonetheless that narrative still manages to remain interesting for me. I think the strong point of the series is the themes prevalent in the story, as they really manage to hit home. Regret, the pursuit of true happiness, and the process of letting people go all are really well discussed. All in all, it was a great, short read.

Edit:
Love Roma 1-end
This wasn't as cute as I was hoping it to be. There were some nice ideas about romance in there, but I didn't really like how it was delivered. Oh well, at least it had Rei in it:

Ya, the story initially portrays itself as a cutesy kind of love story, though the greater part of it becomes an examination of human sexuality and romance. All and all, I think that the story probably is most interesting to high school students due to the degree with which the story tends to focus on those aspects of Negishi and Hoshino's relationship.

Double Edit:

Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai 2

Think I'll be using this excuse to justify my lack of human interactions in the future.

Series is enjoyable so far, though the lead male is nowhere near as likable as Seki-kun.

What in the world is this manga? I'm curious as to what the heck it's about after reading that. I love how the character and his dialogue kind of make up their own comedy duo.

dani_dc

Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai 2

Think I'll be using this excuse to justify my lack of human interactions in the future.

Series is enjoyable so far, though the lead male is nowhere near as likable as Seki-kun.

Charade

Oh, shit.
Tsugumi's pregnancy, that weird super-zombie shit that Hideo was dealing with, drama between the girls, Tsugumi running away... Pretty dramatic volume. Hideo's gotta become a hero now, because Tsugumi will surely be in trouble at the hospital alone. That's a really dangerous place...

Must resist...

This is torture I tell ya!

dani_dc

What in the world is this manga? I'm curious as to what the heck it's about after reading that. I love how the character and his dialogue kind of make up their own comedy duo.

It's basically about a female transfer student girl that is having issues fitting in, and her interaction with the dude in the picture, who just does whatever he pleases.

Usobuko

Banned
Oh, shit.

It is in the author's nature to punch you in the face whenever you feel that things should go alright. Read on if you can. You should also tackle Boys on the Run in the future.

More grounded, down to earth incarnation of Tonari no Seki-kun. It's a comedy, both the male and female lead has a dynamic derpy relationship.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun END

I never been more sad and happy over a final chapter.

Sad cause after reading this, I can't take it. I want more chapters. I don't want to leave these great characters especially after this new timeskip. I want more moments with them cause I know I would enjoy it.

I'm happy cause this was a great final chapter. It finished up the Mitty and Haru relationship, gave a great start to a new relationship and gave glimpses of how everyone else is doing. This was definitely the best way to end this wonderful series.

That tease at the end too...God, I would have read that up!

kasane

It is in the author's nature to punch you in the face whenever you feel that things should go alright. Read on if you can. You should also tackle Boys on the Run in the future.

More grounded, down to earth incarnation of Tonari no Seki-kun. It's a comedy, both the male and female lead has a dynamic derpy relationship.
Wait he did boys on the run too? Thats why art is familliar. Anyways in boys in the run the shit girl screwed up everything. Thats the last chapter i read

kasane

I haven't read manga for a couple years now, but I found myself being pulled back in by....

Prison School. I recently got caught up, and shit is still SO good.

I also read Masumune-kun's Revenge'cause I saw some talk about it a few pages ago, and it's pretty enjoyable.

Fuck, what am I doing
Welcome my friend

Manga is love, manga is life

Usobuko

Banned
Wait he did boys on the run too? Thats why art is familliar. Anyways in boys in the run the shit girl screwed up everything. Thats the last chapter i read

Yep, and he did the VR Waifu manga called Ressentiment too. As for Boys on the Run, are you at chapter 4x or 9x? If it's the former, don't give in, it shed some light of her character.

Golden dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom