• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Kingdom ch397

Finally we're moving past Ouhon and focusing on the real interesting part of the battlefield. I have to wonder how they'll break through all these reserve armies.

Is it me or are some elements of animegaf slowly migrating over here?

Thankfully no.

No one is live posting their reactions to a chapter or build your own worthless reaction via gifs/images.

Weekly Shonen Jump is going to feature some graviure idol in the magazine for the first time in 18 years next issue. The two girls will be cosplaying characters from Nisekoi.

I don't know how interesting this is going to get.

Love when authors draw bday arts.
BtoxSPHCEAAUR4M.jpg:large

Zweizer

Banned
Kono Oto Tomare! ch19

Typical drama about member with lack of skills and self-confidence issues: check.
At this point, I can't help but think that a more apparent romance would help this manga rather than hinder it, because it cruelly lacks anything to distinguish itself.

Mumei

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY

I just decided to catch up on the 15 or so chapters of Claymore I was behind on, and I don't care how much of an asspull that was~~

Dynedom

Tonari no Kaibutsu-Kun - End (End)

Damn. Oshima best girl out of nowhere? Dat dress.

Gonna miss this manga. Was so great. ;_;

This and Hormiya are tolerable slowjou.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

"I know I probably caused him problems, so I hope he likes more problems."

World Trigger 69
Definitely a chapter that needs to be animated. Osamu was pretty good with that Thruster on move constantly though even if he tried hard he's still pinned down. Still the many pages, his comments, and just how fast it felt made it feel like his second best moment in the series.

Replica making that Rabit though, mindblown.

dramatis

Hey Mangu gaf, what manga's are you throughly engadged in at the momento. Gripping sort of thing, I am have been watching a lot of animu lately however my manga habits have been limited to the shonen wenesday far and some exceptions for a bit.

And while there and manga's on the first page, they are many that arent.
I got engaged in Bokura no Kiseki, but that's a 'keikaku* within a keikaku within a keikaku' kind of manga, so it might not be your cup of tea.

*keikaku means plan

upandaway

Hey Mangu gaf, what manga's are you throughly engadged in at the momento. Gripping sort of thing, I am have been watching a lot of animu lately however my manga habits have been limited to the shonen wenesday far and some exceptions for a bit.

And while there and manga's on the first page, they are many that arent.
Hunter x Hunter (if you haven't gotten to it)
Sengoku Youko
Baby Steps
Onepunch-man
Kingdom (at least from everyone's reactions to it here, it'll fit your needs 100%)

And I'd say the most gripping things I know are FKMT manga (Kaiji, Zero, Kurosawa, Gai, etc). That's an adventure on its own.

Toriko 286

Demon plot feels pointless since Komatsu had prepared Air already, why would Nightmare Horse need to be attacked then if it understood what the human had done. Additionally Toriko already used the water too so he was already healed.

Toriko 286

Demon plot feels pointless since Komatsu had prepared Air already, why would Nightmare Horse need to be attacked then if it understood what the human had done. Additionally Toriko already used the water too so he was already healed.

that wasn't Acacia's dish though but just a regular 'air' tree

Also the Oni said he is just going to hold him off a bit... since Komatsu hasn't reached the King Air fruit yet

Prison School 124

I can't wait to see how all these plot threads wrap into each other.

Kingdom 397

Finally moving past Ouhon. That's all there is to say really.

Hey Mangu gaf, what manga's are you throughly engadged in at the momento. Gripping sort of thing?.
I second Onepunch Man, though its not gripping, but more throwseverythingoutofthewindow thing
Mayuu Maou Yuusha is a good read despite what the art looks like
Keyman because its just outright insane and it knows it
Iris Zero, now this is gripping....i guess? Its one of my top favs(if not, the one), so yeah.
And now for the ones that i don't know if you like it or not list:
All You Need is Kill
Break Blade
Crime Edge(?)
Duction Man
Qualia The Purple(mc is a bloody psyco)
Spirit Circle
feel free to skip on my post cause most of em are not even gripping imo

Shikigami Twilight Days (oneshot)
Pretty great story that is much better than the previous one shot post Psyren. The action moment in this with all the Shikigami coming into play being summoned back to back as well as a high climax moment really sold me on it and made me wish that it could have turned into his next serialized manga. Really creative creature designs and an awesome combining scene. The touch of mystery made it even better than I expected.

Wouldnt Nightmare Horse still have no reason to attack since it saw that Komatsu is capable of potentially preparing Air?

who knows the horse was astonished by it but before it could do something the Blue Oni punched him in the face

the last panel showed that the horse was pissed off... likely we will see a more serious battle where the horse defeats the Oni only to see Komatsu prepare King 'Air" to the continent

Nana to Kaoru Black Label 1-10

Yeah, this is far more...raw then NtK proper. Actual nudity and the like. So far the focus seems to be more on the side characters rather then the main ones, but it seems to be looking to shift soon.

I like how Tachibana and Sarashina's relationship mirrors Nana and Kaoru's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom