• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything from this thread though list could be trimmed down depending on your tastes and what you are looking for.

Thanks, I'll be sure to read through this list.

I'm slightly scared at some of the responses possible here :x

Any specific genres?

As weird as it is for me to say so, I've been really enjoying slice of life and romance stories. That said, I would prefer to keep away from lewdness.

survivor

Banned

As weird as it is for me to say so, I've been really enjoying slice of life and romance stories. That said, I would prefer to keep away from lewdness.

Slice of life and romance?

Solanin
Goodnight Punpun
Town of Evening Calm, Country of Cherry Blossoms
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
Helter Skelter
Haruka na Machi e
Nodame Cantabile
Living Game
Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan
Honey and Clover
Sakamichi no Apollon

Then I would totally second Horimiya and then stuff like Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Yotsuba to start.

yes, all of the above

also:

Barakamon is great.

Ran and the Gray World

One Week Friends

Taiyou no Ie

Ore Monogatari

Itoshi no Karin

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

That should keep you going for a while

Village

Shikigami Twilight Days (oneshot)

Pretty great story that is much better than the previous one shot post Psyren. The action moment in this with all the Shikigami coming into play being summoned back to back as well as a high climax moment really sold me on it and made me wish that it could have turned into his next serialized manga. Really creative creature designs and an awesome combining scene. The touch of mystery made it even better than I expected.

Not feeling the art style.

Tizoc

Kingdom Ch. 177
Ryuufui-whatshisface/Epic Goatee and Riboku meeting and Riboku suggesting an alliance with Epic Goatee turning him down is so fucking tense and exciting.
You guys weren't kidding about the non-battle segments, this manga is freakin' GOLD.

Kimi ni Todoke 0-2

This might just scratch my shoujo romance itch.

It's great, but it's unapologetically shoujo as fuck, even down to the self-deprecating and loner MC and the popular guy who takes a liking to her.

But I like the characters, and they make a good couple (whenever it eventually happens).

It reminds me a lot of Sukitte Ii na yo (which I also really enjoyed) but with a more interesting MC.

It's got a lot of potential.

But yeah. The shoujo levels are off the charts

Rooster12

Do you guys have any sort of "required reading", so to speak, that you would suggest? I'm hunting for some new stuff that I can really dig into.

409126770X.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Megumi no Daigo 20 Volumes

It's a manga about a group of firefighters and their lives pretty much. It's the only manga that I know that deals with fighting fires, and it's really intense. The main character Daigo is sort of this Jack Bauer like character (except he fights fires/disasters instead of terrorists lol). It's licensed so I don't think you'll find it on those free websites.

512NF5trchL._SL500_.jpg

Sugarless

This is my favorite on-going manga right now (at least I think it's still on-going). If you read Crows and The Worst you'll know what you're getting. It's about high-school gangsters fighting each other, that's all there is to it, but it's highly entertaining. The villains are awesome, each one is more despicable than the previous. The last time I checked it's scanned up until chapter 30 or so.

These 2 series immediately came to my head for some reason

Charade

Himitsu no Recipe 17 [END]

Finally!
Eh, cute I guess. Felt anti-climatic, but the release schedule is probably partly to blame for that.

ugh. This series is the epitome of slowjo. I dropped it once
they started dating
(is this even a spoiler?). The first 30-40 chapters were pretty good though.

You should also try Kaichou wa Maid-sama for another mainstream shoujo.

I can't imagine that's a spoiler :p With mangas like these it's a matter of "when" rather than "if"

I'll add Kaichou wa Maid-sama to the list.

Prison School 124

hmmm

I'm still trying to understand what he means. I get that them not being here is a huge loss but he keeps saying that he doesn't have them.

did they abandon him again? the only one that might have a grudge is Shingo since he followed that ridiculous advice LOL.

Prison School 124

hmmm

I'm still trying to understand what he means. I get that them not being here is a huge loss but he keeps saying that he doesn't have them.

did they abandon him again? the only one that might have a grudge is Shingo since he followed that ridiculous advice LOL.

Shingo hasn't shown up in a while which makes me think he'll be the one to help

Revo

Noblesse 331

Guy feels too evily but I liked Muzaka talking with Raizel.

Kingdom 397

Still dislike Ouhon winning.

Shingo hasn't shown up in a while which makes me think he'll be the one to help

if his girl is over that incident then maybe hahaha. Though to its credit Hana returned for a bit due to it.

Should be interesting to see how it plays out since everyone else is doing their own thing right now. And i wonder if Mari can get some help also or was it just Hana (defected) and Meiko (out of commission) in her camp (maybe her sis?)

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

- 14-sai no Koi
- Bonnouji
- Kono Bijutsubu Niwa Mondai ga Aru!
- Tonari no Seki-kun
- Genshiken
- Ojojojo
- Rabuta

Other than romance and slice of life
- Hoshin Engi
- Lucifer and the biscuit hammer / Hoshi no samidare
- GTO
- Rainbow
- Bambino
- Hajime no Ippo

scy

Hm. Don't think any of them are all that lewd.

Edit: Oh hey, I forgot to mention Uwagaki. Do it for the goat.

Unai

One of my childhoods regrets is not having watched YuYu Hakusho. Now I'm so tempted to buy all the volumes in the Comixology sale.

Do you guys know if the english version has some weird localization issue/censorship or am I good to go?

Onepunch Man 01-today

Holy shit, it's been quite some time since I've been this entertained by a manga. Murata artwork is godtier and despite it being a spoof, the ideas in this put most ,,real'' shounen to shame, which would milk some of this stuff over years, while here it just keeps coming with almost every new chapter.

Gyo (all volumes)

Lloyd-Christmas-Cry-and-Gag-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif

dani_dc

Kingdom 397
Throwing your commander to the middle of the enemy and hoping reinforcements appear out of nowhere is about the worst battle plan possible.

The only good thing about Hon winning against Shi, is that no one will believe it since Shi is supposed to be dead already.
As if that will actually matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom