• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.php

Ishimaru will never hurt the one he loves.

I don't think Alucard has any love interests so Hellsing.

Oh right, Hellsing. I guess I'm just more used to shoujo vampire series.

But they arent in love.

B-b-but two guys on the cover touching each other!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
From what I've heard, Stealth Symphony is another "world full of monsters" series, just like Hachi and Iron Knight.

Sounds like Shueisha were really ashamed they turned down Attack on Titan and are serializing as many "monster" series as they can.

Cerity

Denpa Kyoushi 13-106

Sadly this dried up pretty quickly. Most of the recent student arcs have been lacking. Ever since they've entered (and even a little before) the main school, the novelty has worn right off. GTO pulled off the ridiculousness of Onizuka's solutions well because they were still grounded in a recognisable society. This has gone right off and made it's own little hole in the world, where the norms don't apply. It's impossible for Junichi's "teachings" to match up perspective wise and it's lost of a lot of it's original hook because of it.

Mortemis

Banned
Kingdom (Caught up)

My god is this war something else. From the crazy ass battle of Kankoku to now Sai, this war is really something else. Speaking of Sai, this is probably one of the most one-sided battles I've seen, worse than Helm's Deep. That said, this is finally the time for Shin to awaken himself. He's got the fighting strength, but lacks the real qualities of a general. The battle against the Zhao at Kankoku was just the foreshadowing of now, when he really needs to step it up or get killed. Hopefully, he finally is going to show us what he can do not as a soldier but as an instinctual-type general. Even though Sei and Shin aren't going to die and Qin ain't falling, I can still feel the tension and "heat" of this battle. It's going to be a great one!

I'm really glad I decided to read this manga, thanks for the recommendation mangagaf! I usually don't read over 300 chapters in less than a week, especially with school but this was just too entertaining.

Kingdom (Caught up)

My god is this war something else. From the crazy ass battle of Kankoku to now Sai, this war is really something else. Speaking of Sai, this is probably one of the most one-sided battles I've seen, worse than Helm's Deep. That said, this is finally the time for Shin to awaken himself. He's got the fighting strength, but lacks the real qualities of a general. The battle against the Zhao at Kankoku was just the foreshadowing of now, when he really needs to step it up or get killed. Hopefully, he finally is going to show us what he can do not as a soldier but as a general. Even though Sei and Shin aren't going to die and Qin ain't falling, I can still feel the tension and "heat" of this battle. It's going to be a great one!

I'm really glad I decided to read this manga, thanks for the recommendation mangagaf! I usually don't read over 300 chapters in less than a week, especially with school but this was just too entertaining.

Was it you who asked whether he should go for Kingdom or Toriko a few days ago? Glad you enjoyed it either way.

Nisekoi 111

Ah Tsugumi, so loyal, hoes before broes, uteruses before duderuses, ovaries before brovaries

but in the end she still lost to her True Feelings™

and I knew that Onodera was secretly the bestlewdest chick. You just know that someone with her haircut is going to end up as a Suicide Girl.

wonzo

Banned
BioMega 1-42 END

You'd think a series that starts off with a talking bear with a gun, an insane biocult hellbent on rebuilding humanity and the Earth, and superhuman synthetic humans riding lightning fast motorcycles would stay awesome from beginning to end but things just aren't meant to be…

This series becomes so insanely incomprehensible throughout its run that I honestly gave up trying to make sense of it all part way through and by the end of it, found the "story" to be such a mess that it was actually getting in the way of Nihei's amazing art. :(

NOiSE

You can really see how NOiSE was spawned off of the Blame! oneshot included at the end which had a more crime procedural bent to it than what we actually ended up. It certainly works as a nice little prequel to Blame! that stands on its own merits.

Blame Gakuen! And So On

A mixture of cool little one-shots, Blame! sequels, and a Blame! high-school parody which is by far and away the best part of it all!

Mortemis

Banned
Ah, thought so. You're welcome and don't forget, new chapters are each Thursday and Sunday at 1PM GMT :)

Awesome, every time I bulk read a manga really fast, the wait for a new chapter is painful. Thankfully a new chapter is coming so soon.

Nisekoi 111

This chapter was pretty funny, obviously since it's a Tsugumi chapter. These gag chapters are always the best with Tsugumi. Either way, we need more plot. Actually, scratch that, we need more Chitoge development. This manga is shit when it revolves around anyone other than Chitoge.

From what I've heard, Stealth Symphony is another "world full of monsters" series, just like Hachi and Iron Knight.

Sounds like Shueisha were really ashamed they turned down Attack on Titan and are serializing as many "monster" series as they can.

How can one make that statement just based on what they heard instead of reading the series to see if it truly has the same apocalyptic humanity is doomed scenarios as iron knight, humans are enslaved while serving as food sources setting of hachi, and humans are just playthings as attack on titan. Kind of unfair judgment one is casting to Stealth Symphony and its already established and highly regarded writer. Even glancing through the first chapter there are numerous differences that set it apart from being in the same group of Hachi and Iron Knight.

survivor

Banned
What's the name of that manga about some popular high school girl, but when she goes home she transforms into some moe girl covered in a blanket and acts like a lazy otaku or something like that. I remember flipping through it long time ago.

Akito

What's the name of that manga about some popular high school girl, but when she goes home she transforms into some moe girl covered in a blanket and acts like a lazy otaku or something like that. I remember flipping through it long time ago.
Himouto! Umaru-chan

Mortemis

Banned
UQ Holder 24

Glad we finally got a Negi flashback. From that I can see Zazie, Fate, Tatsumiya, Chachamaru, but I can't tell who that is in the far back. Anyways so they we all alive in 2065. I doubt any of them are dead, and still doubt Negi is dead too. I wonder how Touta is going to get out of the berserk mode, I would guess Kuroumaru but he's too far away, probably something like he punches himself to break it or punches the ground right next to Kaito and resists himself. I doubt anyone big like Eva is going to come save him.

Birdmen 7

One of the chapters that suggests the monthly format can be detrimental for the series making an event that should take place faster drag out in real time. The scene with them getting the cloak and thickening was fun as well as antics flying but progress in plot is needed.

Mortemis

Banned
Birdmen 7

One of the chapters that suggests the monthly format can be detrimental for the series making an event that should take place faster drag out in real time. The scene with them getting the cloak and thickening was fun as well as antics flying but progress in plot is needed.

Yeah, I was excited for this series since I'm a fan of Tanabe Yellow but the wait for a new chapter combined with the really slow pace is dragging this series down for me.

Akito

Reminds me that I should seriously pick it up, I wanted to wait for the HQ version but it doesn't look like it'll come out at an acceptable pace.

scy

Has he unlocked a route yet at least?

Edit:

UQ Holder 24 - He'll hold himself back at the last moment.

...or we're going off the deep end from the start and he'll kill him. Man, that'd be different.

wonzo

Banned
Abara

A neat little two volumes Tsutomu Nihei manga about a secret agency fighting against the "White Guana", grotesque monstrosities that grow by feeding off of humans. My favorite part of this though had to be the short series (Digimortal) included at the end about a freaky religious inquisition cracking down on immortals and the assassin hired to bring them down.

Blame! And So On

Niehi's artbook filled with stuff he's done for collaborations and his various series. It also includes the first chapter from the cancelled Dead Heads which is about a man helping a woman that's been infected by a disease that basically turns people into zombies. Had some real potential so it's a shame it was canned. :(

UQ Holder

Annnnd there's the one-sided curbstomping I called. Holy fuck that was a smackdown.

Interesting that Ken changed Negi's ME form to look like Touta's as well (tail, wing sigil in the air, rocket punch fists) when originally he was basically just SSJ3 Negi.

Jintor

Himouto! Umaru-chan 1-15

i'm really oscillating between 'she's cute as hell!' and 'omg what a brat'

author intent: successful

wonzo

Banned
Avant Garde Yumeko 3

jesus christ oshimi never change

Centaur's Worries 46-47

The backstory about the red hair was rather… uh, special.

Tetsuwan Girl 73

I thought americans were all about shooting the shit outta each other in self defence?!??

Mob Psycho 100 55

psychological death by running granny. rip mob

scy

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 15 - Oh hey, another one. And I guess the teacher is one too.

IS THERE ANYONE NORMAL IN THIS SCHOOL?!

Heysoos

Akame ga Kill 46 spoiler are out and uh...

Wild Hunt's going around and murdering and raping, and Wave talks to Bors' wife and warns her to stay away from the center of the capitol, however....

Please leave
Mein alone please leave Mein alone please leave Mein alone
:(

Hetalia Axis Powers Vol.05

LDf9V1kl.jpg

I am enjoying that we are getting more focus on the non-Axis or Allies countries. Hell, I like that there's less focus on WWII and more focus on just the cultural differences between each nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom