• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean not feeling this Usopp and Munchkin shit at all. Much rather the pace be picked up to see the gladiators, Zoro vs. Bastille, Law vs. Fujitora and Luffy vs. Doflamingo....

Same; I enjoyed the Kyros reveal though (I too had it suddenly click when I watched the new anime episode).

Bleach: Rukia's Bankai design looks nice, I suppose.

Naruto: whatever

scy

AE4lxJM.png

Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha 9 - We're back on this route.

scy

Shishunki no Iron Maiden 29 - No sexy time for the MC, guess he's about to go save the girl. I was ... kind of hoping for more out of this chapter, really.

Honestly, I can't see this story getting dragged out too much unless there's just more random shitty guys.

Not incest anymore route.

She's still the highlight of things though.

I think there's a story about demon lords and heroes and stuff but I dunno what that stuff is.

IHaveIce

Banned
Bleach

Even if I really wish to see Yachiru fight, I doubt we will see it, like Beam said it is most likely a set up for Kenpachi's return.

An enemy you can't see or may even remember is the perfect fit for Kenpach

scy

I looked at that the other day but haven't read through it yet. Probably later today.

But, yeah, Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha's actual real story isn't terribly exciting. Pretty sure I'm just here because I have terrible taste and like finishing reading what I start.

I looked at that the other day but haven't read through it yet. Probably later today.

But, yeah, Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha's actual real story isn't terribly exciting. Pretty sure I'm just here because I have terrible taste and like finishing reading what I start.

Sounds like the reason why I still read a bunch of the things I'm still following.

Tamanon

Banned
Bleach

Even if I really wish to see Yachiru fight, I doubt we will see it, like Beam said it is most likely a set up for Kenpachi's return.

An enemy you can't see or may even remember is the perfect fit for Kenpach

Basically his fight with Tousen again though.

This list is just the top 3 Shonen mangas that I currently am still reading seeing as it would just further complicate things if I add extra series I finished and/or series from other magazines/publications

Hunter X Hunter

Characters are diverse and have good detailed personalities that change due to the circumstances... I am currently on chapter 330 (only 10 chapters left) and am loving the series so far... The world is complex, the organization strife with politics and betrayal and the character development praise worthy!
Why are you on hiatus
Toriko

The characters aren't as praising as most series but the world building and plot twist are are noteworthy... Toss in a few good humor and the absurdity of the creatures/battles and you have a fun retro inspired series leaving you with wanting to learn more

One Piece

The series has a lot of good world building aspects and characters but due to the shallow like back stories and heavily predictable plot twist and/or endings in arcs it just doesn't aspire awe as it use to in the past

----------------------------------------------------------

If I didn't have these three left... I wouldn't even really read Shonen Jump anymore

And would likely drop Naruto and Bleach etc...

Honorable mention to Soma but I can see it getting repetitive....

Nisekoi?.... Let it burn in hell

scy

speaking of, that reminds me of M to N no Shouzou which I haven't read in years and ... oh god no updates since 2008.

survivor

Banned

Not a healthy attitude. This is what leads to hate-reading and rage and despair.

scy

Has everyone always read this, or didn't this just become popular recently on ManGAF? I picked it up for a moment while I was in a cat cafe today. Looks questionable.

I've been reading it since the start of the scans just never really brought it up much here. Recently re-read it (+ caught up on Arashi) and then magic happened.

Everyone should read Nana to Kaoru and learn the wild world of S&M and pure love.

Not a healthy attitude. This is what leads to hate-reading and rage and despair.

Nah, I'm good at not hating everything.

Yeah.

Let's go with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom