• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daydream★Nightmare 8 (end)

Well I guess even shoujo manga arent immune to having dull and kind of ungood endings. Although it closed some things out it just ended with not much else. The whole ride was fun and all and the dream eater stuff was fun with its mix of foxes, wolves, and eventually the dream spirits. I was really touched by Ichi and Yotsuna stuff which ought to been explored more but well I dont know why we cant have a bonus chapter on it. Oh well, was still a fun little, at times wordy, manga.

Suki de Suki de Suki Suki de, Suki de (1 end)

That warning page. Poor Kise that hated expression from Kurokocchi.

This is Sakamoto, you know? 4

Chapter failed to be anyway comparable to the previous and just came across really boring and dull. Hopefully next chapter features more interesting content and actually appealing characters.

upandaway

AssClass

Wait wait wait are we counting the months now? I'm still not mentally ready for this. Isn't solcom supposed to be irrelevant to time? How does that even work?

Also yeah this chapter was great. I guess it will greatly vary based on how much you accept episodic content though.

Qvoth

one punch man 27
i see some mistakes in the translations here and there...
the phrase that zenos wrote down was something more like "well of course, if a hero runs away then who will fight/stand up?"
and the threat level should be god, not divine... and oni is demon obviously

one punch man 27
i see some mistakes in the translations here and there...
the phrase that zenos wrote down was something more like "well of course, if a hero runs away then who will fight/stand up?"
and the threat level should be god, not divine... and oni is demon obviously

I guess you didnt read Boon translation.

bigkrev

Assassination Classroom

Finally, a smart assassination attempt!

If the author can make decent filler like this constantly, this series might have longer legs than I thought it would have

Assassination Classroom 37

Probably the least good chapter so far. Suguya isnt really as interesting as Karma, or Sugino, etc and it was kind of creepy drawing on her while she was unconscious...

One Punch-Man

D1ggHpf.png

I (kinda) called it.

Moosichu

When I first heard about it I wondered how One-Punch Man could ever even have a sustainable plot beyond the novel concept.

Now I can't believe it hasn't been done before, the fantastic frame-by-frame animation makes it doubly awesome as well. I really want to find-out whether there WILL be a fight that lasts two-punches. :p

"Mediocre" is the very definition of Ass Class. It had an interesting premise, but never really did anything with it.

I'm enjoying it for what it is so far (Karate Kid about assassinations), while it hasn't had any LOL moments it's still better on a week to week basis than Naruto

When I first heard about it I wondered how One-Punch Man could ever even have a sustainable plot beyond the novel concept.

Now I can't believe it hasn't been done before, the fantastic frame-by-frame animation makes it doubly awesome as well. I really want to find-out whether there WILL be a fight that lasts two-punches. :p

But he has done more than one punch in a fight in just the first ten chapters.

Reknoc

I loved AssClass at first, but I think the more it goes on the more I realize it's not doing for me what Neuro did, I still enjoy it just not as much. It's certainly my least favourite thing he's done.

Kurita

I'm enjoying it for what it is so far (Karate Kid about assassinations), while it hasn't had any LOL moments it's still better on a week to week basis than Naruto

Same. I mean, it gives me a good chuckle every week and I then I just move on.
It's pretty straight-forward but still, I look forward to every new chapter just for Koro-sensei's antics.

Akito

I just watched the first raw epiosde of Shingeki no Kyojin, it's a really great adaptation, the music oh god, so good.

Same. I mean, it gives me a good chuckle every week and I then I just move on.
It's pretty straight-forward but still, I look forward to every new chapter just for Koro-sensei's antics.

For me it's just an easy read, kinda like Bleach, but without the nostalgia goggles that make Bleach fun.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
But he has done more than one punch in a fight in just the first ten chapters.

Well duh, it always lasts one punch. That's the point. I doubt anyone or anything will ever last more than one punch. The rest of the hero organization is just there to make Saitama look more beastly.

I just watched the first raw epiosde of Shingeki no Kyojin, it's a really great adaptation, the music oh god, so good.

Oh that is good news. So it keeps the "everything is always fucked no matter what" tone the manga has?

Wiseblade

Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth 22

Funnier than it has any right being, as usual. Also it's good to see that Neji's status in Kishi's slashfic has no bearing on the real story.

Radical Blood Monster 2

Quickly becoming a really interesting and fun vampire human type story. Yuichi starting to want to get closer and Kaito's true feelings being revealed in a desperate moment made for good progress.

duckroll

Attack on Titan - Chapters 19-43

Since the anime started, I decided to pick up where I left off and catch up on the manga. What a terrible mistake. At first it was just a bit strange that weird coincidental things were happening and then explaining themselves only after the fact without details, but then it starts jumping the shark one way after another. It gets really, really stupid, and honestly I don't think I even want to read this anymore. The art has gotten better and better, but goddamn the narrative flew into the toilet. Meh. :(

Is the Shingeki no Kyojin manga still introducing more mysteries and questions at a faster rate than it's answering them?

What great timing! :(

Aku No Hana really has me buzzed.

It wasn't the greatest thing ever but it had the right amount of wtf is even, that kept me hooked.

Anything similar to that?

Looking for more series to read period too.

Jarmel

Banned
Is the Shingeki no Kyojin manga still introducing more mysteries and questions at a faster rate than it's answering them?

Problem is that it feels like we're really really early on. Like this is the opening salvo for a 10 year manga. They're answering stuff but not the important things.

It was an utter mistake to adapt this manga unless they're doing a bunch of anime original material.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Shingeki no Kyojin is great, unique, original, and refreshing.

I lost -9000 points of respect to anyone calling it bad (well, not really, but yeah)

Dat anime-Mikasa. I don't like anime at all but maybe for this I'll make an exception.

Kusagari

Ehh, I've got to admit I've lost a lot of interest in SNK since it seems like half the cast
are going to be a fucking Titan at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom