• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

Confirmation about MB

Jump Double Issue #22/23 Information
END: Medaka Box (Center Colour)

Kumagawa_cries_bloody_tears.jpg

*reads the in-depth Medaka Box spoilers*

Berserk 1-60

Been reading this pretty slowly on and off for a while now and I think I got to the point where the series finally clicked with me. It was pretty good leading up to this point but by the time Guts is doing Griffith's dirty work to achieve his dream and then leaving the hawk the series just clicked into great tier for me. Seemed like a slow build up for a lot of rapid fire events back to back. I'm expecting it to slow down again soon, I can't see it keeping this up for too much longer.

Qvoth

silver spoon 72
hope his dad's not as bad as he thought

on the topic of hxh, anybody knows if togashi has any plans to continue the manga anytime soon? i remember reading something about waiting until his movie is released but that was quite some time ago right?

Wiseblade

silver spoon 72
hope his dad's not as bad as he thought

on the topic of hxh, anybody knows if togashi has any plans to continue the manga anytime soon? i remember reading something about waiting until his movie is released but that was quite some time ago right?

Yeah, it starts again on the 31st of April.

upandaway

That jerk

Calling it now, the new anime will finish on chapter 339 like it's the natural conclusion and THEN the manga will start again

bring me a chair i need to smash a chair

Herp de derp forgot about yyh-HxH -.- lol and yes I already mentioned dragon ball. I also am reminded of Buso Renkin which was a flop by comparison. I guess what I'm asking is historically do authors usually come back to jump and make a better second series or a worse second series?

I think most flop, or move to a different magazine.

The most notable mangakas that managed to create more than one popular mangas (that I read) recently are:

Takehiko Inoue (Slam Dunk > REAL & Vagabond)

Mitsuru Adachi (Touch > H2 > Katsu > CrossGame)

Reiko Takahashi (Maison Ikkoku > Ranma 1/2 > Inuyasha)

Yoshihiro Togashi (YuYu Hakusho > Level E > Hunter X Hunter)

Hirohiko Arakii (JoJo > JoJo > JoJo > JoJo > JoJo > JoJo)

survivor

Banned
Honeymoon Salad vol 1
TujTueA.jpg

It's so good to get back to reading more slice of drama manga involving real life problems with adults. Non of the petty high school melodrama or teenage problems.

I didn't have any knowledge of what the story will be about and the only thing I knew about the manga is that flawfuls recommended it ages ago so I had to read it at one point. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised by the writing and the tone. Not an optimistic one and the author is pulling all sort of writing tricks that I'm a fan of. Excessive narration by the MC, angst, quirky love interests, anxiety about life and work, and constant flashbacks to high school life to show how the characters changed. Really, all around solid writing, lots of sex, and interesting characters. Great opener volume.

remz

you know it'ss kind of ridiculous how araki has managed to maintain success with Jojo over so many parts and so many years. guy has the midas touch I guess if you count them as separate stories.

Stinky

Sakuranbo Syndrome v.1

Art is great, love the way the characters are drawn.

Towards the end there when he brought the girl to a love hotel..

Its so wrong, like when I read Miman renai, but with more sexual assault?

I need an adult.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
All you guys need to remember is: Gods Beard was right!

...about what?

I remember, liked and wanted it serialized. But then somebody itt told me about that mafia manga called "Mario" he was planning and now I want that.

That Mario image is literally over a decade old. People need to stop fantasizing about it lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Shingeki no Kyojin, Gantz, Wolf Guy, his own manga, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom