• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Silver Spoon

Hachiken's dad scares me and he's a fictional character.

Akito

There's a rumor about an anime adaptation of a volleyball manga being made soon. I'd say we're all thinking of the same series.

dramatis

There's a rumor about an anime adaptation of a volleyball manga being made soon. I'd say we're all thinking of the same series.
I'm surprised they're getting one so early and before Nisekoi. Shouldn't editorial let the series accumulate some more story before adapting?

And it looks like you can't stay away even with FE? :D

Wiseblade

A Haikyu anime this year would be crazy early. Next spring would be a lot more believable.

I'm surprised they're getting one so early and before Nisekoi. Shouldn't editorial let the series accumulate some more story before adapting?

He hasn't got it yet! None of us have....

survivor

Banned
The Place Promised in Our Early Days vol 1 End
looVq4A.jpg

Bad adaptation and really not on par with the other Shinkai's manga. The difference between this and 5cm or Voices manga is huge. For starters, if you were going to make Mizu Sahara your artist then at the very least let her draw bunch of coloured pages. Such a shame we only got one bad coloured page out of the entire manga. Also, unlike say Voices of Distant where the story got expanded on and improved or like 5cm where we got more screentime for other characters, this manga just cut out a lot of the story. I haven't watched the movie in a long time, but I'm pretty sure a lot of shit was left out. Why would you even bother making a manga adaptation if you were gonna butcher it like this and not even give it a proper ending.

Guys I need help; I'm thinking of restarting the One Piece manga. My only experience with the franchise is with the anime. Tried getting into the manga, but kept getting distracted. How hard should it be for me to get into?

EDIT: ...probably should have posted this in the redux thread.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Guys I need help; I'm thinking of restarting the One Piece manga. My only experience with the franchise is with the anime. Tried getting into the manga, but kept getting distracted. How hard should it be for me to get into?

Not very hard but it's long. Real long.

Just gotta be patient.

Akito

It's quite early yes but bear in mind that it was only decided that one will be made, it could take another year until it finally airs.
And yeah, FE won't arrive before next week so you guys will have to put up with me for another couple of days.

Wiseblade

EDIT: ...probably should have posted this in the redux thread.

It's pretty easy. The early OP chapter are a breeze to read compared to Oda's current sleep deprived ramblings. Just take your time, don't try to tackle all 700 chapters in a week or something.

Mr. Fix

I would love to tackle all the Jojo chapters. And I had that momentum going last year too until Duwang smacked me across the face.

Reknoc

Haikyuu!!

I was going to wait to catch up but eh, it's slow going reading it now. I was enjoying it first but now it's a tournament and almost non-stop volleyball. It's getting a little dull now, I still don't understand the rules of volleyball. It probably doesn't help I barely recognise it, much like hockey, as a proper sport.

Kurita

Haikyuu!!

I was going to wait to catch up but eh, it's slow going reading it now. I was enjoying it first but now it's a tournament and almost non-stop volleyball. It's getting a little dull now, I still don't understand the rules of volleyball. It probably doesn't help I barely recognise it, much like hockey, as a proper sport.

Wait, the rules of volleyball are simple.

Kurita

I don't get it, just seems like randomly hitting a ball until someone slaps it to the other side then every shuffles and gets taken off or something?
Well, yeah, you have to smash the ball to the other side. That's pretty much it :lol
Never saw a match or played volleyball? It's awesome.

Akito

Yeah I think that's how it's usually handled, all of the Jump anime for that year in the same season (maybe)

Announcing it a year early though? That's hard to believe..
An official announcement won't happen anytime soon either even if this turns out to be true. It was the same as say Silver Spoon.

I don't get it, just seems like randomly hitting a ball until someone slaps it to the other side then every shuffles and gets taken off or something?

This is what you can't do (shamelessly stolen from wikipedia)

• causing the ball to touch the ground or floor outside the opponents' court or without first passing over the net;
  • catching and throwing the ball;
  • double hit: two consecutive contacts with the ball made by the same player;
  • four consecutive contacts with the ball made by the same team;
  • net foul: touching the net during play;
  • foot fault: the foot crosses over the boundary line when serving.

you are now a volleyball expert

Haly

Godspeed. I've yet to find out why Part 4 is considered the best, but I assume that it's because of Kira, who I've yet to see.

Those people are lying and dishonest.

No one in their right mind considers part 4 the best, in fact it was one of the lowest points of JoJo. And it didn't even have the "Araki is inexperienced!" excuse like Part 1 did.

Just pointless filler shit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If SnK is Lost then I'd place it in the middle of season 3 right now.

Which means it's got a lot lower to sink!

I really like Season 4, but then boom, Season 5 and we have straight up magic.

Mr. Fix

No one in their right mind considers part 4 the best, in fact it was one of the lowest points of JoJo. And it didn't even have the "Araki is inexperienced!" excuse like Part 1 did.

This sounds like Part 3 for me, but I feel indifferent to 4 at the moment. I just really want to read 5 and 6.

upandaway

The different positions and shuffle are what gets me. The basic rules are simple enough (3 touches only, ball touches the floor=point to the other team. that's all it is) but I still don't know what's going on with the libero switch or those other stuff with positions or strategic locations.

It never bothered me since the best moments come down to "with his foot?!" or "hinata is pretty fast"

Godspeed. I've yet to find out why Part 4 is considered the best, but I assume that it's because of Kira, who I've yet to see.

4 isn't the best but not even close to being the worst. At least as far as stand abilities and fights go it's quite a bit better than 3. The biggest issue it has is pacing as the first half or so is kinda like an introduction to the awesomeness of the second half.

Mr. Fix

>_______________________>

Really though, the only highlight was D'arby the Gambler. The final fight with Dio wasn't even that epic. Jotaro literally feigned death at one point. I kind of just shook my head there. I knew about Jotaro learning how to stop time before I started the series, and I was expecting him to learn it at some point, perhaps with a small training arc like in BT. Before that point though, he was about as strong as he was at the start of the manga. Which raises a brow for me considering how he barely gave a fuck about his powers starting off.

Angry Grimace

No, it's the sort of sport that only gets shown on obscure channels late at night.

Volleyball Girls. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Back in my day you couldn't just log onto the internet and look up images of people fucking.

Haly

Really though, the only highlight was D'arby the Gambler. The final fight with Dio wasn't even that epic. Jotaro literally feigned death at one point. I kind of just shook my head there. I knew about Jotaro learning how to stop time before I started the series, and I was expecting him to learn it at some point, perhaps with a small training arc like in BT. Before that point though, he was about as strong as he was at the start of the manga. Which raises a brow for me considering how he barely gave a fuck about his powers starting off.
He's the Hulk.

4 isn't the best but not even close to being the worst. At least as far as stand abilities and fights go it's quite a bit better than 3. The biggest issue it has is pacing as the first half or so is kinda like an introduction to the awesomeness of the second half.
3 has Dio and wins by default.

Lalalalalala i'm not listening~

Kusagari

I've only read through Part 4, school has kept me from starting 5 yet, but I consider it the best part so far. I loved the setting, the villain, the interaction between the cast and the Stands were a million times more unique and interesting than in Part 3.

It definitely suffers from pacing problems, has the same "stand of the week" stuff that 3 had and I don't think the characters are that great on their own but I'd still place it over Part 2 as the best I've read.

I really like Season 4, but then boom, Season 5 and we have straight up magic.

Season 3 and 4 have their good and bad parts. Everything from Season 5 on is complete shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom