• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
The Earl and the Fairy vol 4 End
NFn1FNr.jpg

I really didn't want to waste my time reading 180 pages of the last volume but I really wanted to finish it so instead I just skimmed through the panels. Maybe I missed a lot of details but with the quality of writing, I'm definitely sure nothing of value was said, especially since the new arc have been pretty bad so far.

From what I understood, Lydia got kidnapped by Rosalie cause Rosalie is jealous and she wants to the Earl to herself. Or something like that, if she wasn't so dense she would have realized the dude is just an asshole. Then apparently, the twist is that Lord Graham is the evil douche and he has been manipulating Rosalie. I think he smuggled bunch of diamonds or something, I never really cared to pay attention to why he is evil. So now Lydia, Rosalie and Doris are kidnapped by him and the Earl as always has to rescue Lydia. Bunch of boring fights happen, and they all get rescued. But wait, the ugly fairy that Rosalie owned backstabbed them and unleashed the Mist Fairy or something, we never really saw him. But then some magical tin can which I don't remember why it was there, unleashed the wind fairies to fight off the mist fairy. And going by the Pokemon laws, wind beats mist and we got a disappointing anticlimactic confrontation with the mist fairy. And then they all lived happily ever after.

Really disappointing read. I wanted this to be Natsume, but with more shoujo romance. But instead I got some generic shoujo shit drama with bland forgettable characters and every once in a while the manga remembers there are fairies in the universe. It's funny how a manga about a fairy doctor, and yet I never felt the fairies had any relevance outside of just bad infodumps. And apparently this is based on a novel series with 30 volumes? How can you write so much shit about these characters?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Stand of the week is here to stay guys, it's no more a mark against Part 3 than it is for any other part post Battle Tendency.

3 has Dio and wins by default.

Lalalalalala i'm not listening~

That's the logic many people are applying for some reason. I like Dio but Phantom Blood and Stardust Crusaders are my two least favourite parts. To each their own I guess.

Season 3 and 4 have their good and bad parts. Everything from Season 5 on is complete shit.

For a moment I thought you were talking about JoJo

you wouldn't be that reckless

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Vento Aureo is genuinely really good.

Except for the villain, one of the worst villains easily.

Why Cars so OP?

In Cars case his main motivations came from how far was he willingly to improve himself. He wanted to conquer the unbeatable and he did damn near everything to do it. Fair play and all that jazz pfft no. Breaking all the rules; check. Manipulating others, check, striving for superiority, check. Cars was like the best baddie for the survival of the fittest I suppose you could say. Plus that maybelline hair <3

Now is my personal favorite villain oh no ; p

It's hard to compare Dio and Cars because the former is way more complex as a character.

Yes one may hate Dio but he became what he is for a number of reasons.

Wiseblade

It's hard to compare Dio and Cars because the former is way more complex as a character.

I'm assuming this is based on some Part 3 stuff I haven't gotten to yet, because he's isn't all that much deeper than Cars based on Part 1. All the "I am a superior being, humans are nothing but food to me" ranting almost becomes comical when you discover that he would in turn be preyed upon by the Super Vampires.

Don't Jump manga usually start in Spring? How rebellious of them

I guess I never noticed that before.

Bakuman was Fall (2010)
Beelzebub was winter (2011)
Gintama (spring 2006, spring 2010, fall 2012)
Toriko spring 2011
Sket Dance spring 2011
Hunter x Hunter Fall 2011
Medaka Box spring 2012 (2nd half, fall)
Kuroko's Basketball spring 2012 (s2, fall)

-

Anyway, I thought theyve been kind of lacking having JUMP anime this year Naruto, Toriko, One Piece, HxH...and then just Kuroko's Basketball s2 seems on the horizon.

Though I doubt Haikyuu!! would air this Fall, maybe winter, so they can do this entire tournament in 26 or so episodes.

Is it really shocking to announce and reveal an anime so far in advance, I thought we knew of Blood Lad for more than a year before it was even dated to air this summer...

Reknoc

Volleyball Girls. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Back in my day you couldn't just log onto the internet and look up images of people fucking.

Actually for the sake of fairness I just skimmed through a tv listing. It didn't appear once. Volleyball is relegated to pretty much Olypics only. Putting it below bass fishing and hockey.

I'm assuming this is based on some Part 3 stuff I haven't gotten to yet, because he's isn't all that much deeper than Cars based on Part 1. All the "I am a superior being, humans are nothing but food to me" ranting almost becomes comical when you discover that he would in turn be preyed upon by the Super Vampires.

I don't want to spoil post-Phantom Blood stuff but even his development in part 1 is a bit more complex than "IMDABES". His whole upbringing, whether by his deadbeat father or as Jonathan's adoptive brother, is reflected in his twisted personality.

Akito

Bakuman was Fall (2010)
Toriko spring 2011
Sket Dance spring 2011

-

Anyway, I thought theyve been kind of lacking having JUMP anime this year Naruto, Toriko, One Piece, HxH...and then just Kuroko's Basketball s2 seems on the horizon.

Though I doubt Haikyuu!! would air this Fall, maybe winter, so they can do this entire tournament in 26 or so episodes.

Is it really shocking to announce and reveal an anime so far in advance, I thought we knew of Blood Lad for more than a year before it was even dated to air this summer...

Again, nothing was announced or revealed, it's just a rumor about it being green-lit, nothing more.

survivor

Banned
Black Paradox vol 1 End
cqr1Fyo.jpg

I had no idea what to expect of this manga when I read it, but one thing for certain, it's sure as hell isn't about a group of people trying to commit suicide. It's a bizarre story, but not in the crazy batshit insane way like say Fourteen which was disappointing. Still, creative effort and I liked the twist at the end.

upandaway

Bakuman was Fall (2010)
Toriko spring 2011
Sket Dance spring 2011

-

Most of them are either spring or fall then huh. So Shueisha likes those 2 seasons (and Haikyuu will probably be one of them then)

It's been a drought of Jump anime because it's been a drought of new manga for years too. It was pretty much a disaster before Nisekoi, so it only makes sense anime-land will go through the same thing a few years later.

Stinky

Black Paradox vol 1 End
cqr1Fyo.jpg

I had no idea what to expect of this manga when I read it, but one thing for certain, it's sure as hell isn't about a group of people trying to commit suicide. It's a bizarre story, but not in the crazy batshit insane way like say Fourteen which was disappointing. Still, creative effort and I liked the twist at the end.

Your Fourteen impressions way back when were godly.

Guys,

I'm 12 chapters into Domina no Do.

Am I supposed to be enjoying myself as much as I am?

"Borderline H Confinement Cruel Female Lead Dominatrix Rich Girl Sadomasochism Torture Tsundere Weak Male Lead Yandere"

Yikes.

Kurita

Are there any notable mangaka without an ongoing series? Aside from Ohba/Obata.

Actually some former WSJ authors like the guy who did Prince Of Tennis, Psyren's author, Nura's one too (?) got/will have one-shots published in recent issues. I guess they all aim for a new series.

Kurita

Toriko
Beelzebub
Kuroko

Yeah, but I meant series that started after these ones. My post wasn't clear enough, sorry.
2009-2011 is more appropriate, since Medaka Box (started in 2009 IIRC) is ending soon...

Jump must be glad to have AssClass, Nisekoi, Food Smut, PSI Kusuo Saiki and Haikyu!!.

Stinky

Ohba and Obata will return like a double messiah with a new battle manga.

It will be amazing and we will all cry tears of joy.

I'd actually prefer something closer to Death Note

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom