• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

I couldn't have possibly guessed that when I saw "I didn't know Obama's email so I sent it to amazon instead" that it would be the least baffling part of the post.

upandaway

Aw man.. was it really that incoherent? That hurts a bit but oh well, I've stopped then and there no need to yell :(

Can TWGOK come out already so I can digress

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Dude upandaway I love you. I almost want to post an inane PTT describing this situation and translating it to the masses as a tribute to this.

Akito

Dude upandaway I love you. I almost want to post an inane PTT describing this situation and translating it to the masses as a tribute to this.
Now that's just mean, you cannot tease something and then leave us hanging like this, I demand desperately need a breaking down of the madness above.

OPM
Is it bad that now it always reminds me of Ika Musume if some tentacle monsters from the sea appear to invade mankind?

And here is the solution to yesterday's mystery. I didn't know Obama's email so I sent it to amazon instead. Sorry for going off topic, but seriously I was freaking out yesterday. You can't see something like that and not know why it happened there and not anywhere else!

By the way, this:

doesn't even make any sense because I'm not in Europe.

Henceforth to avoid confusion, quotes (as in, the quote things " ") will be reffered to as shakespeares.

Normally, you can quote. Normally.

And sometimes, you can quote when the quoted is Shakespeare. Sometimes.

But look! What happens when you put a referral in?!

As it turns out, if a quoted is enclosed in shakespeares, they're automatically used to decide the length of the quoted instead of whatever happens without any shakespeares.. and it HAS to end with a "]. "; is not enough. In such a case, with " and ]'s forces combined, they can break the entire world in twain.

Here, I have intentionally put a "] between the u and d. Do NOT try this at home.

"] are very common in the wild, their most popular habitat being (Stinky, pay attention) URL tags:
hyperlink[\URL] (can you spot it?)

Thanks and be careful. It's a crazy world out there.

O_O

Dresden

soredemo machi wa mawatteiru - vol10

Top ten. I don't know what the other nine would be, but I just have this feeling that this is one of my favorite series ever.

pupa -

purest love
purest moe

And here is the solution to yesterday's mystery. I didn't know Obama's email so I sent it to amazon instead. Sorry for going off topic, but seriously I was freaking out yesterday. You can't see something like that and not know why it happened there and not anywhere else!

By the way, this:

doesn't even make any sense because I'm not in Europe.

Henceforth to avoid confusion, quotes (as in, the quote things " ") will be reffered to as shakespeares.

Normally, you can quote. Normally.

And sometimes, you can quote when the quoted is Shakespeare. Sometimes.

But look! What happens when you put a referral in?!

As it turns out, if a quoted is enclosed in shakespeares, they're automatically used to decide the length of the quoted instead of whatever happens without any shakespeares.. and it HAS to end with a "]. "; is not enough. In such a case, with " and ]'s forces combined, they can break the entire world in twain.

Here, I have intentionally put a "] between the u and d. Do NOT try this at home.

"] are very common in the wild, their most popular habitat being (Stinky, pay attention) URL tags:
hyperlink[URL] (can you spot it?)

Thanks and be careful. It's a crazy world out there.

This is like when the recovering addict says he's finally clean, then falls down a flight of stairs

upandaway

I was actually going to add an appendix of why the "what a twist" quote didn't work, when it obviously worked when I quoted dramatis/he quoted me (hint: it has to do with what comes beforehand and afterwards), but... in the last second, I forgot. Then I kept quiet because I thought someone will notice and point it out, but no one did!

~( ´~` )~

Pupa 6

So by default he's in masochist mode, and when provoked he switches into sadist mode? This changes everything.

Don't know if it has been mentioned but Magi is taking a one month hiatus.
Starting tomorrow? We didn't do anything to deserve this. And with that cliffhanger too..

Wiseblade

It's a good thing I have Fire Emblem, then!

Although this doesn't exactly bode well. the last manga to take a one month break after a war was One Piece, and after that we got the Fishman Island and Punk Hazard arcs.

duckroll

Don't know if it has been mentioned but Magi is taking a one month hiatus.

Good. Hopefully she takes the time to reflect on the recent dip in the manga's quality and refocus the narrative again. Maybe she can wash off the dirty influence from all that anime money too. :(

upandaway

Magi is in the Goldenweek issue (so we'll get a chapter tomorrow). Phew.

And the Sinbad series starts the issue after that. Double phew.

duckroll

Magi is in the Goldenweek issue (so we'll get a chapter tomorrow). Phew.

Will probably just be as bad as all the last few chapters though. :(

And the Sinbad series starts the issue after that. Double phew.

This will probably be even worse since its a continuation of that anime tie-in bonus manga her assistant did. Isn't he doing the actual series too? *vomit*

duckroll

Duckroll do you like sports manga? I was going to try and recommend Baby Steps, don't remember if you ever posted about it.

Not particularly. I think the one ones I ever really read are the Urasawa ones. They're okay. I'm not a fan of Adachi's stuff either.

Only things I'm reading right now is Magi and Shingeki. I have Silver Spoon and One Punch Man on hold, should probably get back to them soon. I'll catch up on One Piece again in a year or two so chapters can build up. Lol.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Guys.

It's my 25th. WTF.

I am drunk.

BUT!

1. One Piece
2. HUNNTER X HUNNTER!!
3. Fullmetal Alch??
4. Pluto!
4. Naruto (until the break. yucj)
4. Bleach!! (until the fight over "i'm number 1....0! or whatver. fuck that!")

Though honestly, Bleach and TWGOK as #2 forever

Yay. Or something.

upandaway

Your 25th what

Not particularly. I think the one ones I ever really read are the Urasawa ones. They're okay. I'm not a fan of Adachi's stuff either.

Only things I'm reading right now is Magi and Shingeki. I have Silver Spoon and One Punch Man on hold, should probably get back to them soon. I'll catch up on One Piece again in a year or two so chapters can build up. Lol.
Hmm. I'll try and get you to give it a try later anyway (the sports question was a misdirection, I don't think it matters to liking Baby Steps), but no rush since the chapters are coming out frustratingly slowly right now.

You should try 7 Seeds.

Naito

upandaway what the hell.

The Breaker: New Waves 113

The last 3 chapters have been a little boring and slow; some very little progression but that's it.

dramatis

[QUOTE="I don't see what you're doing here because these quote marks work just fine upandaway and even if I make it longer they keep on trucking clearly you just goofed upandaway and now you're drunk with power over an imaginary thing";54661635]doesn't even make any sense because I'm not in Europe.[/QUOTE]
You make even less sense than me...

'European keyboard' was just my conjecture that you have a different language keyboard that you toggled and then typed a quote mark the forum software couldn't process properly. But after some testing it seems like all quotes are probably taken and converted to " symbols so that wasn't your problem.

After some testing, it appears that if you use " in a QUOTE tag, then then use " in a URL tag, all the styling of the post falls apart.

Case in which everything falls to pieces:
Code:
[ quote="blach blach" ]
  [ url="oops broken like upandaway's mind" ]how upandaway's original blunder looked[ /url ]
[ /quote ]
he's so bad at explaining things

Case in which tags aren't registering for QUOTE or URL:
Code:
[ quote="blach blach" ]junk in here[ /quote ]
Blah blah
[ url="insane.com" ]stumbled upon during testing[ /url ]
Rather specific circumstances that upandaway stumbled on, that's all.

Back to manga.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I don't think that I'd posted all of them before so here ya go.

iHIYR3bfZV37t.gif

ibcfJzutrVhRl6.gif
iJoDG900gXbK6.gif

ibzRUNmu3QwVlz.gif
Its crazy how far Bleach has fallen in the rankings between 2010 and 2011. Its the largest decline on there.

The loss of Aizen just crippled that series.

upandaway

you would be right, if you were right

----
blach blach said:
----
i was wrongly accused, see how this ^ is not broken after all

THAT'S WHAT I EXPLAINED IN MY POST but i'll explain it again anyway, as upandaway 2.0

if you would add a referral, it would be broken, because the "] in the quote tag will be replaced with "; and the "] after that will be in the url tag. see (i added ;1):

blach blach";1] [url="oops broken like upandaway's mind said:
how upandaway's original blunder looked[/url]

and it took me 15 minutes to remove all of the references and puns and other roundabout adjectives out of this post, i hope you guys are happy because i am changed forever (or at least for the rest of the day).

LeleSocho

Banned
you would be right, if you were right

----

----
i was wrongly accused, see how this ^ is not broken after all

THAT'S WHAT I EXPLAINED IN MY POST but i'll explain it again anyway, as upandaway 2.0

if you would add a referral, it would be broken, because the "] in the quote tag will be replaced with "; and the "] after that will be in the url tag. see (i added ;1):

and it took me 15 minutes to remove all of the references and puns and other roundabout adjectives out of this post, i hope you guys are happy because i am changed forever (or at least for the rest of the day).

shhhh sshhhh it's all ok... now sleep.

Madao

Its crazy how far Bleach has fallen in the rankings between 2010 and 2011. Its the largest decline on there.

The loss of Aizen just crippled that series.

in a way it was bad that everyone was convinced that he was the final boss. i know a ton of people who thought bleach ended when aizen was defeated.

Lain

Chihayafuru 109-110

Another hole in this series, though at least this time it's only 3 chapters long and not 8+ volumes long, plus those 3 chapters will be released in the future.
Arata's fight against his stomach was pretty interesting.

in a way it was bad that everyone was convinced that he was the final boss. i know a ton of people who thought bleach ended when aizen was defeated.

I find that hard to believe, seeing how Aizen wasn't killed and Ichigo's story kept going after the fight.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I, for one, fully support crazy drugged out upandaway

In a way, I bet Kubo wishes he set up the Hueco Mundo saga differently. Even allowing Aizen to semi-win at the end would have made for a decent dark middle chapter and allowed the story to seamlessly continue to the current story arc. But Kubo dragged out that saga too long and teased Aizen too much for him to back down, even if he wanted to. I applaud the man for wrapping up that bloated arc and moving on to the next saga ala Dragonball Z, but its clearly not what the fanbase wanted. Plus, he's too far into the mythos now to attract new young audiences to the plot either.

Bleach basically hit the same problem that hurts sitcoms that pair up their romantic leads too early. The fanbase got what they wanted and now don't care. Its the same reason why Naruto vs Sasuke isn't going to be taken care of until the final chapter.

I find that hard to believe, seeing how Aizen wasn't killed and Ichigo's story kept going after the fight.
I find that a lot of those fans tend to be primarily anime fans. Add in the vast rumors of the anime ending around the Aizen fight and I can see a lot of people skipping the filler arc that proceed it and then just assuming the story all ended when they heard the anime was over.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hah, that's probably why he's been styling in that chapter.

Dude scrolls in on a horse wearing a furcoat, and just lays that shit down.

Nobunanga no Chef 13

Huh, interesting to see ken getting his memories back.

I remember the anime watchers only folks felt that way too. It would have been an acceptable and perfect end.

Sparkle!! Cross-Dressing Boys Cram School 3

Predictable reveal(s). Maybe they can go romance a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom