• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, for one, fully support crazy drugged out upandaway

In a way, I bet Kubo wishes he set up the Hueco Mundo saga differently. Even allowing Aizen to semi-win at the end would have made for a decent dark middle chapter and allowed the story to seamlessly continue to the current story arc. But Kubo dragged out that saga too long and teased Aizen too much for him to back down, even if he wanted to. I applaud the man for wrapping up that bloated arc and moving on to the next saga ala Dragonball Z, but its clearly not what the fanbase wanted. Plus, he's too far into the mythos now to attract new young audiences to the plot either.

Bleach basically hit the same problem that hurts sitcoms that pair up their romantic leads too early. The fanbase got what they wanted and now don't care. Its the same reason why Naruto vs Sasuke isn't going to be taken care of until the final chapter.

I find that a lot of those fans tend to be primarily anime fans. Add in the vast rumors of the anime ending around the Aizen fight and I can see a lot of people skipping the filler arc that proceed it and then just assuming the story all ended when they heard the anime was over.
The arrancar arc should have lasted only 2.5 years, but due to the espada´s popularity, Kubo was forced to prolong the arc by his editors.
I remember the anime watchers only folks felt that way too. It would have been an acceptable and perfect end.

How it would be a perfect ending while there´s still so much we don´t know that´s unfolding right now?

One Punch-Man

This was pretty good. Murata did once again an excellent job with the art. I thought Stingers' design was pretty cool. The last planel was also pretty badass.

I also feel like DTL was onto something with his Saitama x Genos avatar. Those two living together like that? No way they're not in a relationship. Except that Genos is clearly the submissive one.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The arrancar arc should have lasted only 2.5 years, but due to the espada´s popularity, Kubo was forced to prolong the arc by his editors.

Yeah, I always figured as much. Once the Grimjaw fight ended I always felt that Kubo was just bored with what he was writing. His overarching storyline and development climaxed with that fight and the story should have moved forward. But alas, everyone started struggling with their fights, the captains randomly appeared to save them, the Orihime plotline grounded to a halt and the pacing just died.

I still remember the stark contrast in quality between the Turn back the Pendulum arc and the present day chapters immediately preceding and succeeding it. The guy just didn't give a fuck anymore about the Failure Five's attempts to rescue Deus Ex Boobs.

bigkrev

I don't think that I'd posted all of them before so here ya go.

ibcfJzutrVhRl6.gif

iHIYR3bfZV37t.gif

ibcfJzutrVhRl6.gif
iJoDG900gXbK6.gif

ibzRUNmu3QwVlz.gif

I'm surprised that
a.)Hikaru no Go was as popular as it was
and
b.) Yu-gi-oh was not as popular as I thought.

Started Parks and Recs again. Amy is so cute as news anchor. <3

Yeah, I always figured as much. Once the Grimjaw fight ended I always felt that Kubo was just bored with what he was writing. His overarching storyline and development climaxed with that fight and the story should have moved forward. But alas, everyone started struggling with their fights, the captains randomly appeared to save them, the Orihime plotline grounded to a halt and the pacing just died.

I still remember the stark contrast in quality between the Turn back the Pendulum arc and the present day chapters immediately preceding and succeeding it. The guy just didn't give a fuck anymore about the Failure Five's attempts to rescue Deus Ex Boobs.

I really wish mangaka would stop listening to their editors, when it comes to exploiting the manga's current popularity. If the mangaka has a certain vision and story path, then he should follow it.

How it would be a perfect ending while there´s still so much we don´t know that´s unfolding right now?

I guess Im operating under the opinion that most series dont ever conclude by answering and closing every single link and Bleach's current arc is already falling under this (for example, Kubo has yet to address what even Unohana's Bankai does definitively).

Fullbring arc didnt really add much to the story (plot fanservice for Ichigo enthusiasts), and Im tethering on the opinion that this war arc, is a bit maybe unnecessary, we already had past stuff with the Shinigami and Quincy past, Ichigo's origin story is basically playing right into the hand of speculation with no surprises due to all the hints given, the various history details the different characters have presented could have easily been shared in a data book/novelization (consider they basically each only said like four sentences worth of content even), Isshin and Masaki's meeting could have been a one shot released years done the road...That is to say, if Bleach had ended with Aizen's defeat, then it would have been a fitting end assuming alternate means of delivering content were taken.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One Punch-Man

This was pretty good. Murata did once again an excellent job with the art. I thought Stingers' design was pretty cool. The last planel was also pretty badass.

I also feel like DTL was onto something with his Saitama x Genos avatar. Those two living together like that? No way they're not in a relationship. Except that Genos is clearly the submissive one.

Genos is the money. It's that simple.

Stinky

I guess Im operating under the opinion that most series dont ever conclude by answering and closing every single link and Bleach's current arc is already falling under this (for example, Kubo has yet to address what even Unohana's Bankai does definitively).

I'm sure when we switch back to Kenpachi, or the next time we see him, it will be made more clear

Fullbring arc didnt really add much to the story

You can say that again. Worst arc in Bleach, added almost nothing. I dont even want fullbring powers to become relevant again though, and especially not Xcution (who were teased as having gone to Soul Society.. which is a a perfectly fine "end" to their stories for me)

if Bleach had ended with Aizen's defeat, then it would have been a fitting end assuming alternate means of delivering content were taken.

I agree with this but I definitely think having all the loose ends (Isshin's backstory, unrevealed bankais, quincies, soul king and squad 0) tied up with this final arc is also a good way to go.

We'll see though, it seems the plot is headed towards a counter-invasion of some sort on the Quincies ice castle, but I dont think Ichigo has any motivation to go.

And if a character gets kidnapped again, I will be so mad.

Genos is the money. It's that simple.

That's how it always starts, but I'm sure they're past that. He's paying Saitama to be his mentor and yet he's not learning anything. I'm sure Genos noticed that and yet he's still hanging around Saitama? Oh please ... I'm sure he gets one punched every now and then, if you get what I'm saying.

YhtTqFW.png

According to Kubo interview Grimmjow would have died in the first match with Ichigo or at least very early on. Well Bleach is not the only Shonen that prolongs things because of popularity. I just wish it was not on the expense of pace, and story.
I really wish mangaka would stop listening to their editors, when it comes to exploiting the manga's current popularity. If the mangaka has a certain vision and story path, then he should follow it.
I wish that too but it´s not an option. I am 00% sure that Kubo wanted to kill Byakuya but his editors told him not to. this is not only apply to Bleach for instance Kishimoto´s editors told him to add a rival to Naruto, and that was how Sasuke was created. Same thing with Oda and the 11 supernova. The editors should butt the fuck out of people´s own creation.
There´s literally to much of a mystery. Isshin, the royal guard, the soul king, Urahara, Ryuuken and the quincies, these are very important to the manga and can´t just end it. He does not even need to dive in Aizen´s history because it´s great that he is a mystery and i know his motivation already.
Fullbring arc didnt really add much to the story (plot fanservice for Ichigo enthusiasts), and Im tethering on the opinion that this war arc, is a bit maybe unnecessary, we already had past stuff with the Shinigami and Quincy past, Ichigo's origin story is basically playing right into the hand of speculation with no surprises due to all the hints given, the various history details the different characters have presented could have easily been shared in a data book/novelization (consider they basically each only said like four sentences worth of content even), Isshin and Masaki's meeting could have been a one shot released years done the road...That is to say, if Bleach had ended with Aizen's defeat, then it would have been a fitting end assuming alternate means of delivering content were taken.

I'm sure when we switch back to Kenpachi, or the next time we see him, it will be made more clear

You can say that again. Worst arc in Bleach, added almost nothing. I dont even want fullbring powers to become relevant again though, and especially not Xcution (who were teased as having gone to Soul Society.. which is a a perfectly fine "end" to their stories for me)

I agree with this but I definitely think having all the loose ends (Isshin's backstory, unrevealed bankais, quincies, soul king and squad 0) tied up with this final arc is also a good way to go.

We'll see though, it seems the plot is headed towards a counter-invasion of some sort on the Quincies ice castle, but I dont think Ichigo has any motivation to go.

Again, the fullbring arc added plenty to the story.

- It developed Ichigo further
- It explained Chad´s powers.
- It explained the whole shinigami badge thing, and substitute shinigami which was alluded much earlier in the manga.
- The reason why Soul Society had the strict sub shinigami policy
- The Ginjou past and his relationship with the shinigami most likely be explained in Isshin´s.
And if a character gets kidnapped again, I will be so mad.
No one was kidnapped in the Fullbring arc. So are you ok with the SH being separated every arc and each has his own adventure?

Aizen is still one of the best parts about Bleach.

I'm in the minority on this, but I'll stand by it to the end of time:

Aizen is a Villain Sue done absolutely right.

Malvingt2

Aizen is still one of the best parts about Bleach.

I'm in the minority on this, but I'll stand by it to the end of time:

Aizen is a Villain Sue done absolutely right.

Aizen ruined the series to me. One of the worst villain ever.. He did start so good.. he is the main reason why I drop the series.

Again, the fullbring arc added plenty to the story.

- It developed Ichigo further
- It explained Chad´s powers.
- It explained the whole shinigami badge thing, and substitute shinigami which was alluded much earlier in the manga.
- The reason why Soul Society had the strict sub shinigami policy
- The Ginjou past and his relationship with the shinigami most likely be explained in Isshin´s.

What was the point of explaining much of that when it held and still holds no significance. Shinigami badge has not been in the story this arc, Chad, well knowing his powers has still held little significance across the whole spectrum of Bleach. Removing everything the Fullbring arc covered, affects nothing in the current arc at all. Unless Tite Kubo is planning for this arc to last many years, I dont think many points will actually be touched upon.

upandaway

I, for one, fully support crazy drugged out upandaway
All of you may be all happy and cheerful now when you say all these things, but the day will come when one of you will quote God's Beard after he put a URL in his post (I mean c'mon, it's not such a far-fetched proposition there, really now) and the moon will absorb the sun and you will think "oh man it's that thing upandaway talked about! I know what I musOH GOD I'M IN THE OP WHO WHAT

SOMEONE GET ME OUT I HAVE STAGE FRIGHT THIS IS SCARY

Loveless vol 5

Kind of sad volume as a whole. Seimei being potentially alive was kind of on the shocking side though I guess somewhat predictable. I hope Soubi truly doesnt know and isnt purposefully keeping it secret from Ritsuka, or else thatd be mean. Worst of all is the mom, the abuse towards Ritsuka is way intense and insane, and I wonder how the writer could write it since she herself, has a daughter too. Poor Ritsuka.

Kuroko no Basket 210

Well its about time Kise finally appears.

And Akashi already being recommended as captain should at least move the flashback a little more quicker.

His new look is infinitely more appealing. In fact, I probably wouldn't like him half as much if not for his badass appearance.

That being said, Kubo draws him FAR better than the anime team does, although they do have their moments from time to time.

His new look is infinitely more appealing. In fact, I probably wouldn't like him half as much if not for his badass appearance.

That being said, Kubo draws him FAR better than the anime team does, although they do have their moments from time to time.

Maybe in Early Bleach but at least in current times, I thought Bleach anime has looked identical to the manga art.

His new BDSM look?

1dafw0b.png

Maybe the anime team tries not to make everyone look the same.

Stinky

Sakuranabo Syndrome

This manga is even stupider than Nisekoi.

"Ive fallen down the stairs numerous times as a kid"

Wtf kind of dialogue is that..? It explains Agawas moronic actions I guess.

Aizen made Bleach go from a fun shonen series to an epic shonen series. If he doesn't return in some major capacity before the series ends I will be disappoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom