• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monster volume 2

Johan murders his sisters family as she finally regains her memories of that night. Tenma realizes he can't trust anyone because Johan has eyes and ears everywhere. Watching Tenma become the prime suspect was frustrating but expected, hopefully the lead cop gets a horrible end from Johan. Tenma's little training chapter to show him become stronger/better with a gun I hope isn't a sign of his slow descent into becoming a monster himself.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Monster volume 2

Johan murders his sisters family as she finally regains her memories of that night. Tenma realizes he can't trust anyone because Johan has eyes and ears everywhere. Watching Tenma become the prime suspect was frustrating but expected, hopefully the lead cop gets a horrible end from Johan. Tenma's little training chapter to show him become stronger/better with a gun I hope isn't a sign of his slow descent into becoming a monster himself.

Just post your thoughts. The plot summary is just a spoiler.

survivor

Banned
Is there any example of a manga that personifies the trope of "Wasted Potential" other than Naruto?

Because looking back, Kishi had so many opportunities to have some straight up BOSS moments for a variety of characters, but nope, he took his Uchiha wanking too far.
Attack on Titan
Anything by Ohba and Obata
Blue Exorcist

Kurita

Shinobi no Kuni 1

So huh, this is a good surprise. Sengoku era + dope art + great fights. Loved that first chapter, good cast of cool-looking characters, interesting premise... Could be one of the current best looking shounen imo
IqQ1zHol.png

Definitely keeping an eye on it.

Shinobi no Kuni 1

So huh, this is a good surprise. Sengoku era + dope art + great fights. Loved that first chapter, good cast of cool-looking characters, interesting premise... Could be one of the current best looking shounen imo
http://i.imgur.com/IqQ1zHol.png[/im]

Definitely keeping an eye on it.[/QUOTE]

Doesnt look better than Tegami Bachi.

survivor

Banned
Shinobi no Kuni 1

http://i.imgur.com/IqQ1zHol.png[img]

Definitely keeping an eye on it.[/QUOTE]
Too bad the manga isn't a Sengoku era romance story featuring her as the main character
[quote][img]http://abload.de/img/shinobi_no_kuni_v1_chn1qtn.jpg

What potential was there really in Bakuman?
It could have been half as educational as Even a Monkey Can Draw Manga, but it had to add crappy romance storylines and lame villains.

Ayame to Amane 09

Love is spiking your Valentine's chocolate that you are giving to someone.

Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ 07

Well, didn't expect half the idols to not get featured. Or for it to end so quickly.

Detective Conan:
Conan freaks the fuck out. It's rare to see him getting so panicked, but he's realized just how badly he and Jodie fucked up. Unfortunately, his panicking might have resulted in him giving Amuro even more information from that sudden call to Haibara. Things are very rapidly approaching a breaking point. Then we get Sera showing up, so hopefully this case is going to reveal some more information about her past connection with him.

I haven't seen the anime so I don't know how it handles the ending but in the manga the ending is very rushed and doesn't really conclude much. I think you'll enjoy the series though, Hikaru and Akira seem like the type of characters you'll like.

The anime ending is even worse than the Manga's if I remember correctly.

upandaway

People should read Makai no Ossan instead of Mario. Especially if they like One Punch Man's humor.
I forgot to post about it when Boon first released it, it was ok, but ONE really needs Murata for the punchlines to hit the homeruns they do in OPM.

The old man can be pretty badass.

upandaway

Well some panels are slightly different but it's still a 1:1 (a ONE:ONE lol!) remake.
Well yeah but I was talking about panel and perspective and all that stuff. I don't think the panels are just slightly different (unless you count doublespreads as panels)..

Ao No Exorcist

Something is definitely going down at the festival. Mephisto´s threat at the end is quite telling. Rin got shut down hehe.

This was annoying on so many levels.

It's blatantly obvious that Rin likes Shiemi and vice versa, but they're gonna drag it out by making Rin think she likes Yukio (when really she was worried about him and that's why she tried to invite him). And of course Yukio likes Shiemi but knows she likes Rin, so that the complete circle of bullshit anime romance "misunderstandings" can occur.

I'm watching Solanin right now and it's pretty meh so far. Following the source material closely isn't a bad thing per se, but somehow it doesn't feel right.It does a bad job showing how much time has passed between the scenes. The scene with the mother had little to no impact at all. I was hoping that some moments would work really well in a movie, but I guess it's not possible with that acting. That kissing scene alone, right before the mother called, was cringeworthy.

e: At least Ayukawa is pretty cute.

survivor

Banned
I'm watching Solanin right now and it's pretty meh so far. Following the source material closely isn't a bad thing per se, but somehow it doesn't feel right.It does a bad job showing how much time has passed between the scenes. The scene with the mother had little to no impact at all. I was hoping that some moments would work really well in a movie, but I guess it's not possible with that acting. That kissing scene alone, right before the mother called, was cringeworthy.

e: At least Ayukawa is pretty cute.

That's because it's Solanin without the Asano touch, it becomes a completely different story.

edit: fun fact, the actor who played Meiko is the voice actor for Hana in Wolf Children.

That's because it's Solanin without the Asano touch, it becomes a completely different story.

edit: fun fact, the actor who played Meiko is the voice actor for Hana in Wolf Children.

The art added a lot to the atmosphere, but it's not even that alone. I thought the only scene that had a similar feeling was the firework at the beach, but at the same time I'm thinking that it would be really hard to screw a scene like this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom