• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
dR5PFYR.png

Look at those hips and the waist.

#TeamGirl

He's a girl

Forgot a Smoky B.B image
http://i.imgur.com/EKUPkIM.png[IMG]

I definitely dig the style.[/QUOTE]

Who is the artist?

Soul Catchers art reminds me of Hinamatsuri.

[B]Kure-nai End[/B]

[QUOTE][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/swZyhX3.jpg
Harem ending get!

That was very uneventful ending for the manga. I wonder if it was the some for the novel.

It was an ok series. The girls were hot though except for the loli that the MC is stuck with.

Akito

A beautiful love story about a rapist and his uke

Brilliant.

On an unrelated note, the new Naruto movie is out. You know the one in a bizarro world with Hinata as a delinquent and so on. I have to admit I'm kinda interested, would be my first Naruto movie since like forever.

On an unrelated note, the new Naruto movie is out. You know the one in a bizarro world with Hinata as a delinquent and so on. I have to admit I'm kinda interested, would be my first Naruto movie since like forever.

The third was probably the last one I saw, you know, with the rainbow rasengan or something. Absolutely boring.

Dammit I KNEW I recognized that style. I could have figured it out argh dang gosh darn gosh.

Is the writer different this time or is it the same guy? It's the difference between 100% cancellation and not.

It's from the same duo.

2ooG7iZ.jpg
2fIiuJs.jpg

Author: KOMIYAMA Kenta
Artist: KAWADA Yuuya

What's with the capitalization of the names?

Makai no Ossan 88

sk19KNE.png

The art is truly killing me.

Just a way to distinguish the first name from the last name (last name is located before the first name in Japanese).

I know that the last name comes before the first name in Japanese, but the capitalization was new to me.

Fairy Tail 330
tumblr_mmkzs7y1R01ryeb0mo2_r1_500.png

Sting being fired up cause Natsu's words and the power to protect has been definitely his best moment as of late. Hyped for seeing more of him in action.

Kind of torn between the rest of the chapter. I love Fairy Tail...but continously Mashima does his very best to try to get me to hate it at times, why Mashima did he have to somehow have the dragon have the ability to just blow characters clothes off (could have at least used it on a guild that we would have liked to see, like Blue Pegasus cause Hibiki, Ren, Eve-kun)...but of course it had to be a pervy dragon with sights set on, Lucy...why.

Fairy Tail 330
tumblr_mmkzs7y1R01ryeb0mo2_r1_500.png

Sting being fired up cause Natsu's words and the power to protect has been definitely his best moment as of late. Hyped for seeing more of him in action.

Kind of torn between the rest of the chapter. I love Fairy Tail...but continously Mashima does his very best to try to get me to hate it at times, why Mashima did he have to somehow have the dragon have the ability to just blow characters clothes off (could have at least used it on a guild that we would have liked to see, like Blue Pegasus cause Hibiki, Ren, Eve-kun)...but of course it had to be a pervy dragon with sights set on, Lucy...why.

Sounds like completely new development in Fairy Tail. I'm glad I dropped it.

You realize that would include Ichiya right?

dramatis

Soul Catchers 1 (raw)

51nwCq8.jpg

Shouta Kamine (stupid hair kid) can see the state of people's hearts. Originally he thought this ability would allow him to be skillful at human relations; instead, seeing the true feelings of others only brought him pain and disappointment, since he lacked the ability to actually change people. Hibiki Tokisaka (sax kid) is a 'musical genius'. Without knowing it, he has the ability to change hearts through his music.

The story of the pilot:
Kamine, who sees Tokisaka's school performance, confronts Tokisaka about his ability to change people's hearts. Startled by Kamine's questions, Tokisaka brings Kamine to see Momoko, his childhood friend. Once a talented vocalist, Momoko is now catatonic after losing her ability to sing and feeling despondent after surgery. After some drama, Kamine and Tokisaka combine their abilities and pull Momoko out of her depression.

The visual representations of hearts as Kamine sees them is fun. The mangaka starts small by showing how a girl's heart is a closed door to another guy's advances, or a heart dressed as a detective when one person is doubting another, and so on. Then things got more tangible: a sea of water to show Momoko's despondence, culminating the bizarrely actiony 'attacks' used by Tokisaka in the last attempt to bring Momoko back to the world.

Because of the character design and a general familiarity with 'tropes', there's no way of viewing this manga without seeing all the derp stuff. In the first half I thought the concept might have done better with subtlety, and serializing in Jump was its misfortune. Towards the end I thought that this is bizarre and hilarious enough that I can accept it for what it is. The characters don't look particularly fabulous, but some of the art on the later pages is pretty good.

First time I've seen Twitter directly mentioned in manga dialogue.

Recommendation level: DTL. First chapter is worth a read; whether or not the manga turns into something better or sinks into hell is a coinflip. There's quite a lot of DRAMA though.

7Th

I'd actually read a baseball manga, despite knowing nothing about the sport.

But you're insane when you think that the art looks better than Soul Catchers.

One is your overly generic character design with minor differences and the other has some good style, youthful characters and a slightly aggressive tone that makes you curious.

The art looks better than Soul Catchers because it is better drawn; like, obviously so. The technical gap between them is legit big.

7Th

tumblr_mml6t8hRTE1r7c87xo1_1280.jpg

The Yume Nikki manga adaptation will be drawn by Hitoshi Tomizawa, author of Alien 9 and Milk Closet. Jesus, that's the most perfect fit possible.

dramatis

I can actually see a really cheap way to get people here to read Soul Catchers.

Has there been any shounen ai relationship in Jump.

Well, other than Naruto x Sasuke.
Why are you asking this. Are you telling DTL it's okay to post all the pixiv he can find of Luffy and Ace and Ichigo and Aizen and all the Kuroko stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom