• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
I read the volumes so not yet. Waiting for the third volume that'll come out in a couple of weeks.

Oh yeah, I forgot you are reading it the superior way. Do the volumes by any chance talk about Sui Kasai like what sort of work she has done before or if she was an assistant to someone else? Maybe she mentioned some relation to Kaoru Mori in the manga's commentary if there are any.

Kurita

Oh yeah, I forgot you are reading it the superior way. Do the volumes by any chance talk about Sui Kasai like what sort of work she has done before or if she was an assistant to someone else? Maybe she mentioned some relation to Kaoru Mori in the manga's commentary if there are any.

Nope. There are no real "bonuses", just an extra story.

Korosenai

To the people who don't like Toriko, at least read up to and finish the Century Soup Arc. If you don't like it by then, its ok to drop it.

Kurita

Kids on the Slope vol.1
xauIK1v.jpg

I already know the story since I watched the anime but it is still a pleasure to read.
The setting, the tone, the atmosphere are top notch.
It really has a strong main trio, I definitely love the characters and also the side characters.
I dig the art style, it's actually pretty decent for a Josei. Sentarô is still husbando material.
Glad to finally be able to buy this series.

survivor

Banned
Nope. There are no real "bonuses", just an extra story.
Ah bummer, I was hoping there would be something. Thanks for looking.

Kids on the Slope vol.1
http://i.imgur.com/xauIK1v.jpg[IMG]

I already know the story since I watched the anime but it is still a pleasure to read.
It really has a strong main trio, I definitely love the characters and also the side characters.
I dig the art style, it's actually pretty decent for a Josei. Sentarô is still husbando material.
Glad to finally be able to buy this series.[/QUOTE]
Junichi > Sentarou > Kaoru

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kids on the Slope vol.1
xauIK1v.jpg

Glad to finally be able to buy this series.

The story in the manga is a lot better and more complete than the anime, so don't think you will just know all of it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Crummy fanservice manga day:

Fairy Tail

So the Dragons are douches why?

Nisekoi

For chrissakes

Angry Grimace

Fairy Tail

Haha if I were a dragon I'd want naked magic just to fly around and troll

Unfortunately, unlike in Warcraft, I don't think the dragons in Fairy Tail can turn into human form and have sex with other humans.

Fairy Tail

3Fg3kT1.png

This is how I feel as well. Mashima couldn't have come up with a more stupid magic.

Now I wait for more stupid magic in the coming chapters.

Nisekoi

o3n1kJZ.png

This chapter wasn't completely worthless up to the last few pages when the "twist" was revealed. So bad.

Angry Grimace

Nisekoi

This chapter wasn't completely worthless up to the last few pages when the "twist" was revealed. So bad.

You know what the worst shonen-romance misunderstanding is? That one where the chick believes the guy is asking for sex and its apparent the girl is about to comply , but then it turns out they're wrong about the guys intentions and its laughed off. I feel like that has a lot of unfortunate implications.

Not that this occurred here, but still (plus, I'm pretty certain it will occur at some point in Nisekoi, which is the stockest of stock shonenshit culture poison). For some reason that one bugs the shit out of me.

You know what the worst shonen-romance misunderstanding is? That one where the chick believes the guy is asking for sex and its apparent the girl is about to comply , but then it turns out they're wrong about the guys intentions and its laughed off. I feel like that has a lot of unfortunate implications.

Not that this occurred here, but still (plus, I'm pretty certain it will occur at some point in Nisekoi, which is the stockest of stock shonenshit culture poison). For some reason that one bugs the shit out of me.

Yeah, this does sound pretty terrible.

Where can I read this kinda thing?

"romance" is just a genre most shonen shouldn't even be touching

SnK 45 is out

For some weird reason I thought you meant Food Smut and went to look when I remembered that I wanted to ask ManGAF something else:

GOWKCVF.png

am I the only one who finds this very unattractive? why aren't the hips touching?

Kurita

Shingeki no Kyojin 45

Good chapter.
Cool to see all the remaining soldiers ready to pursue the traitors and rescue Eren.
I'm really excited to see what will happen next.

Shingeki no Kyojin 45

Hannes was cool this chapter. Hoping to see some flashback of Ryner and Bertold next chapter.

Also I bet Donkey Kong will come to crash the party.

Soma

Shingeki no Kyojin 45

Bit of a breather from the last few chapters and setting up for what's to come. Hopefully we'll get some answers and at least some reasoning from those two in the next chapter.

I just hope Eren doesn't fuck things up before that.

Reiner: "Okay let me explain to you why we're doing thi-"

Eren: " FUCK YOU GUYS YOU KILLED EVERYONE RAWR"

Angry Grimace

Shingeki no Kyojin 45

Looks like we'll finally get some answers next time.

Does Reiner really believe he's just going to talk crazy-ass Eren into buying into his shit? Eren's like the least likely person to patiently sit through an explanation.

Angry Grimace

Shit dude, if Eren had any brains he'd play along and gets some answers. Find out what the fuck is going on because none of this shit makes any sense.

Eren doesn't listen to Titans, he just impotently rages.

+ lust over her waifu Christa.

Isn't Christa everyone's in-universe waifu other than Jean

Gradivus

What the latest Attack on Titan volume number out recently? I'm off to Tokyo on Monday, so I might buy all the volumes while over there.

Trinity Seven 25

pUJOE1B.jpg

Completely badass entrance.

I'm wondering if the sales were dropping off, considering all the shit that is getting real, as some might say.

survivor

Banned
Trinity Seven 25

I'm wondering if the sales were dropping off, considering all the shit that is getting real, as some might say.
Sales are too low and barely appear on the charts to tell if they dropped or not. Probably stayed consistently low.

Trinity Seven vol 5 - 24,073
Trinity Seven vol 4 - 19,382
Trinity Seven vol 3 - N/A
Trinity Seven vol 2 - 14,988
Trinity Seven vol 1 - N/A

Trinity Seven 26-27

I guess survivor was right about this one. I don't remember his exact words, but it was something like boring, repetitive and formulaic. And god yes, it is. While it's great that it dropped the harem stuff for a bit and turned more into a proper battle manga, it still doesn't really have anything interesting going. The villains aren't even characters and the fights are completely boring, short and most of the time without a climax.

Arata turned into his Kings form, cut, fast forward, Arata is resting, the others are vaguely explaining what went down.
Evil cousin comes back, turns into her Kings form, Arata's "wife" shows up, deflects the attack, evil cousin flees.
Best magician Levi gets to fight someone super strong, is about to launch her super attack, boom, it was just a bluff, she flees.

What the fuck is this shit?

If you turn this into a proper battle manga, then show some fucking battles.

Don't mostly people not like the first part of 7 Seeds though? Even God's Beard complained about it and he slobbers all over 7 Seeds's knob.
I almost dropped it, until I reached that certain point in the story. Now I'm obviously glad I didn't. The beginning is really a chore, though, especially when you're not used to shojio art and Natsu is a terrible character to start with. It wouldn't surprise me if that opening, or rather the first volume, cost the mangaka a lot of sales at the beginning.

7 Seeds 1-2

This is boring and the art is bad.

Finish the part about Team Winter before you give up on the series, the Team Winter portion is a better example of where the series is going then Team Summer B and Spring early chapters.

Attack on Titan 45

Mikasa is best waifu, all she wants is to be by your side. Really enjoyed the chapter overall, glad to see the military police are going to join the fray to be titan food next chapter. Hopefully we get the answers were looking for from the combined team of Reyner, Ymir, and Crista

Does 7 Seeds change that dramatically, or does it just get better? I can at least see the potential in many series with slow starts, but it's tough to imagine me liking this unless it essentially becomes something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom