• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Sloth

Banned
Nanatsu no Taizai: 28

What a lewd cover page.

So, I'm a bit confused as to what's actually going on now (which i guess was the intention of the chapter). I had assumed the Holy Knights had killed the King and took over, but I guess they've kept him and the daughters around as figureheads + to maintain the legitimacy of their power?

And I wonder if all that shadow stuff was hinting at Meliodas not actually being human or if he just has/had the demeanor of a demon in the way he went about wreaking havoc or what-have-you.

Not too much of a stretch now that we know the demon clan is a thing.

Dat Veronica

Diana still best girl.

Kusagari

It makes me wonder since all we did was hear how Jinchuriki are hated but the ones before Naruto were both wives of the Hokage.

Were they hated too?

Korosenai

Toriko 233 raw (or whatever its called)

Komatsu has flashbacks about all the good times theyve had, Toriko uses autophagy, punches Starjun while Komatsu is crying.

bigkrev

RfkJm92.png

HMMMMMMMMM.....

i can't my head my heart my lungs my butt my nostrils THIS DANG GOSH COUNTRY ISLAND IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE KEEPS MESSING WITH MY HEAD WITH THESE VISUAL NOVELS

HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME

WHAT THE CHRIST FUCK

i can't read anything related to japan anymore. this is my limit. taking a big fat dirty break

wut

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It makes me wonder since all we did was hear how Jinchuriki are hated but the ones before Naruto were both wives of the Hokage.

Were they hated too?

She was apparently treated like shit as a kid though and I presume that Mito didn't marry Hashirama until she was an adult, either.

Java gets the worst out of people.

No he's reading Effective Java.
Can't help but laugh whenever I read a page of Effective Java. In summary:

- Autoboxing is a gift from the devil himself
- Build at least 2 shrines to honor Enums in your house
- The official API is a bag of messy farts (*cough* except for the Collections framework)
- No really, it's seriously bad
- Static factories *blush*
- You guys, did you know the API is hilariously bad
- Ew is that a public instance variable? Don't touch meeee that's sexual harassment

upandaway

I don't know how to be any clearer about what I was reading, I thought I gave enough information on what it was.. I don't wanna bluntly say it because it might somehow maybe be considered spoilers to someone aaah whatever

El Sloth

Banned
========
____
///
========

========
=
===
=
==
=

========
=
=
=

========
=====
=
=
=====
= =

Village

Do you really think the people of the Leaf would've treated him like an outcast if they had known that he's the son of the 4th hokage?

You saw they changed their tune when he saved the, that plus the whole dad thing would have made naruto a very popular guy.

Seriously right after pain it was like a Mike Jones song.

Never Complex 5
tumblr_mmv050TiNO1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Good story to start my summer vac, put me in the mood for it min min min. The setting of a boys dorm for the summer was a good prompt for a story exposing their true feelings for their friends. Wish it was a two parter just for the sake of seeing how they are doing tutor and what not for university now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's a joke.

I meant before he was a ninja, when he was still a brat. It would be weird for all the people to hate him, if they knew he was Ninja Jesus' son.

I know. Richard Pryor just dropped by with the news.

survivor

Banned
Phoenix vol 4 was really good. All the Buddha statues looked great and the story was very engaging. I did enjoy how the immorality aspects were about the cycle of rebirth this time and Gao's religious redemption was very interesting.

Big One

Banned
Bleach B

Surprisingly really good this week. This is a big direction change for the series and I look forward to what's coming next.

One Piece B

Awesome chapter as usual. Time for manly tears backstory again.

Naruto D

More mediocre shit. At least this manga is coming to an end soon.

Great way to close the chapter by having Naruto having the most unnatural reaction to seeing his resurrected father a character could possibly have.

Angry Grimace

Bleach B

Surprisingly really good this week. This is a big direction change for the series and I look forward to what's coming next.

One Piece B

Awesome chapter as usual. Time for manly tears backstory again.

Naruto D

More mediocre shit. At least this manga is coming to an end soon.

Great way to close the chapter by having Naruto having the most unnatural reaction to seeing his resurrected father a character could possibly have.

I think he already knew his father had been Edo Tensei'd by sensing him the same way that Madara did.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Bleach: A

Oh, oh HELL YEA.

This was a great chapter, I always love the art but this chapter the art was on high in every page.

What interesting developments, though. Bach's involvement is...compelling, I hope we get some more as far as that's concerned. I wonder what the Soul King is up to, and then of course there's Aizen. We've got three potential villains and one confirmed one. Here we go. Oh yeah...

URYU YOU MAGNIFICENT MOTHERFUCKER

Big One

Banned
I think he already knew his father had been Edo Tensei'd by sensing him the same way that Madara did.
Well you can sense him all you want but you can't assume that he's automatically on your side especially since all the Edo Tensei characters Naruto has encountered thus far, or at least most of them, are trying to kill him.

Angry Grimace

Well you can sense him all you want but you can't assume that he's automatically on your side especially since all the Edo Tensei characters Naruto has encountered thus far, or at least most of them, are trying to kill him.

Naruto has the power to sense good and evil using the Nine-Tails chakra, remember?

dumbyugi

Binbougami ga! 59

Everything just keeps getting more and more serious. I felt really bad for Ichiko throughout the entire chapter.

The Blue-Eyed Material 3

This is a pretty fun series so far. I like the art and all the characters seem fun so far.

Wiseblade

No? When was this?

I'm guessing is was the whole "Naruto can stop the White Zetsu assassinations!" thing. But what that explicitly good and evil? I thought it was that he could detect camouflage and killing intent.

Even if it was good and evil, that still doesn't explain how Naruto his zombified dad was coming. Naruto had to spread his clones throughout the alliance encampments to detect the Zetsu, why would he suddenly be capable of long range feats now?

Stinky

No? When was this?

Thought it was a joke but

"Naruto himself learned how to detect such evil emotions directly as a result of his training to use the chakra of the 9-Tailed Fox without taking in such emotions from it. The 9-Tailed Fox himself had this ability, which was how he was able to start taking control of Naruto's body."

Keep in mind the only source thats from TVtropes but if you do some digging I'm sure something else would come up.

Angry Grimace

I'm guessing is was the whole "Naruto can stop the White Zetsu assassinations!" thing. But what that explicitly good and evil? I thought it was that he could detect camouflage and killing intent.

Even if it was good and evil, that still doesn't explain how Naruto his zombified dad was coming. Naruto had to spread his clones throughout the alliance encampments to detect the Zetsu, why would he suddenly be capable of long range feats now?

Madara just did it like three chapters ago. Add in Naruto's ability to sense intent and its not exactly difficult to understand.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Phoenix vol 4 was really good. All the Buddha statues looked great and the story was very engaging. I did enjoy how the immorality aspects were about the cycle of rebirth this time and Gao's religious redemption was very interesting.

How is it compared to his other works. Thinking of picking up another one of his works but I'm undecided on what to get other than black jack.

Angry Grimace

They still don't compare to the most broken member of the most broken family, as the last couple dozen chapters have demonstrated. "Madara can do X, Naruto should be able to as well" doesn't really work as an argument.

How do you know this? This seems like a pretty large assumptions and generalization.

He has full control of the Nine Tailed Fox inside him along with his sensory powers. Its not some kind of stretch he can feel enormous zombie chakra as it moves closer to him.

survivor

Banned
How is it compared to his other works. Thinking of picking up another one of his works but I'm undecided on what to get other than black jack.
I haven't read everything by him yet, but I would put it up there with Message to Adolf and to lesser degree Apollo's Song as one of his best manga. It will probably end up being better than Adolf if it keeps the same quality consistently till the end.

Speaking of Tezuka I picked up Book of Human Insects and Barbara today. Gonna see how well they compare to his other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom