• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
OPM 24

Damn, I had no idea Sonic was that powerful. I wonder if Murata's gonna do what he usually does and just add more pages to this chapter throughout the next two weeks.

Finals

I handed in the final paper for this semester but now I'm so nervous I can't study for my upcoming exams. Worst thing is, if this paper isn't good enough, I'm wasting my time studying for the exam.

Wynnebeck

Banned
OPM 24

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME~!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? How are you gonna have some good ass fighting go down and then cut it right there!?

One Punch-Man

Murata traced the weather? Less than 100 pages? Murata is getting lazy.

Seriously though, fantastic chapter. No one does movement better than Murata. What a godly chapter to read.

MZQhJoM.png

:DTL

Too bad he's too old for him. :lol

The Nisekoi novel is going to have 4 chapters/stories:
Onodera becomes a cat.
Why is Chitoge wearing a kimono?
Marika becomes a hit man.
Shuu & Ruri enter a couple contest.

I hope someone translates it, though Jump novels are very rarely translated.

With the size of tge nisekoi fandom, I doubt anyone would translate it. The shuu one sou ds like itd be fun.

Man, Kis really knows how to close out a fucking chapter. The last few chapters of Naruto were really good but nothing tops that last page of 630. I am fucking pumped for this shit.

Any suggestions for Slice-of-life manga? Naruto is the only manga I actively read.

Hinatama

Started reading Gamaran and Arata Kangatari.

Gamaran proving to be my favorite manga about unapologetic psychotic killers.

Arata seems interesting but the art can be really rough. Maybe I should watch the anime instead.

With the pace of the 12/13 episode anime that skips stuff might as well stick with the manga. Though the attacks look really pretty, genesis aria is an amazing op, and the voices for the great looking characters are perfect.

wonzo

Banned
Blade Play 23

It's totally gonna be a cock sheath ala Domina no Do.

Sinbad 3

I guess this explains how the father was thrown into the dungeon in the Prototype, unless they're gonna change things for this.

Seven Deadly Sins 28

Yeah, this series is definitely better off when it's read in chunks instead of a week by week basis. I guess there's Meliodas' true form to look forward to.

Silver Spoon 75

Hachiken's mum owns and it's a real shame her husbands such a prick.

Yamada 60

Whoa, didn't see that one coming, though it shouldn't be that hard to find a really intimidating Teacher.

Fairy Tail 331

Jellal ftw, Millianna ought to hopefully not get in the way considering the greater and larger things taking place.

And Firebird...I would love for the next chapter to be on Natsu and Natsu alone.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairy Tail

God damn that fan service level was over the top even for Fairy Tail. Dude straight up groped her chest.

Steroyd

Gen II also brought suck.

Gen II didn't allow my cousin to rape the whole game with Kadabra and Kadabra alone.

That's right it wasn't even an Alakazam. :mad:

Fairy Tail

I thought protags were supposed to be asexual.

Gray gonna have to step up his game to balance dat plot and backstory.

Kurita

OPM

All that :dtl my god
The muscles just look so good, :bow Murata :bow
Dat Angel Rush, dat everything, the movements, so many details, I can't-

*faints*

OPM

All that :dtl my god
The muscles just look so good, :bow Murata :bow
Dat Angel Rush, dat everything, the movements, so many details, I can't-

*faints*

Seriously, even if you're some inhuman monster without taste, not capable to feel anything, and don't think the manga is funny or don't like the story, the art is reason enough to read OPM. Murata is a fucking artistic god.

dramatis

Finals

I handed in the final paper for this semester but now I'm so nervous I can't study for my upcoming exams. Worst thing is, if this paper isn't good enough, I'm wasting my time studying for the exam.
I changed my mind, try to get yourself banned again.

What are you doing in this thread? Get out! Study! You're not welcome back here unless you pass.

Or fail, because it is OTL after all.

Kurita

Really? I guess that's not suprising when your manga is one of the best selling manga of all time.

The December 30/January 6 issue of Bungei Shunju's Weekly Bunshun magazine calculated that One Piece manga creator Eiichiro Oda's annual income is 2 billion yen (about US$24 million). The magazine took the number of One Piece manga volumes sold this year (32,343,809), multiplied that by the average cover price (400 yen), and multipled the result by Oda's estimated royalty percentage (10%) to get the tally of 1.29 billion yen (US$15.5 million).

Weekly Bunshun then estimated that Oda earned 749 million yen (US$8.97 million) in royalties for character goods to reach the final total of 2 billion yen.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...zine/one-piece-creator-oda-made-2-billion-yen

That's crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom