• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramatis

So I should replace Medaka with Fairy Tail?

+ It's not a Jump manga.
- It's another battle manga.

Thank god this means nothing, coming from you.

But seriously, maybe we should have a banner with recommended manga instead. I know Swagamoto and 7 Seeds were in it at some point and they're out again. That's pretty sad.
There's a 'sort of empty' space in the top banner (where Shingeki is) that I'm just rotating manga in depending on the frenzy of the thread at the time I replace the banner. I try not to update the banner unless there's been at least 3 cover changes.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

+ It's not a Jump manga.

There's a 'sort of empty' space in the top banner (where Shingeki is) that I'm just rotating manga in depending on the frenzy of the thread at the time I replace the banner. I try not to update the banner unless there's been at least 3 cover changes.

No. No one other than DTL seriously reads FT anymore.

Thanks for the explanation. In the end I'm just happy that you're updating the OP. I really appreciate it.

So nobody reads FT seriously anymore.

I seriously want to, though.

ZoddGutts

A popular old series, I understand why people buy the new editions. Same thing happens in France where a new edition is published.

Yeah it's still pretty popular. When the remake anime for Sailor Moon was announce, it was even on non anime/manga sites announcing the news. Sailor Moon always has had a presence in the West

3cetARU.jpg

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/25219.html

Sailor Moon outsells Bleach and is only 2nd to Naruto in manga sales.

Kurita

Yeah it's still pretty popular. When the remake anime for Sailor Moon was announce, it was even on non anime/manga sites announcing the news. Sailor Moon always has had a presence in the West

Sailor Moon outsells Bleach and is only 2nd to Naruto in manga sales.

Yeah it really doesn't surprise me. It was quite big in the 80s when the West discovered animes...

+ It's not a Jump manga.

why not something thats newer and more prolific, fairy tail was already there once, its only fair...

survivor

Banned
Fairy Tail is one of my most hated manga of all time. Up there with The Breaker and Mirai Nikki. I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about how bad it is.

You shouldn't even bother with it, brotkasten. Even ironically reading it isn't worth your time.

He thinks Monster is boring.

FT is right up his alley.

To be fair, the beginning is really, really boring. I was told that it gets good around chapter 30 and I'm still at 14 or so.

Fairy Tail is one of my most hated manga of all time. Up there with The Breaker and Mirai Nikki. I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about how bad it is.

You shouldn't even bother with it, brotkasten. Even ironically reading it isn't worth your time.

Well, I did drop it for a reason, but I'm looking for more series I can read weekly, that's why I'm considering it.

No, you don't.

Sort of.

Shokugeki no Soma 5

7wDNvcg.png

Ah yes, the useless character of the series gets her proper introduction. I really hope this won't be a thing for the rest of the series, but I suppose it can't be helped for now. At least Souma saved the day in a great way. Seeing him being clueless about the dish was funny. However, I wonder when his cocky attitude is coming back to bite him. I really want this to happen.

I also start to wonder if all those cooking tips really work.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma 5

7wDNvcg.png

Ah yes, the useless character of the series gets her proper introduction. I really hope this won't be a thing for the rest of the series, but I suppose it can't be helped for now. At least Souma saved the day in a great way. Seeing him being clueless about the dish was funny. However, I wonder when his cocky attitude is coming back to bite him. I really want this to happen.

I also start to wonder if all those cooking tips really work.

You should totally glaze your food in honey.

Yea but it also sort of functions as a suggestion list as well. I certainly wouldn't suggest FT to anyone, would you?

I would to tell the truth it no worst than Naruto , Bleach or OP depending on what you looking for .

Natsu is the worse shounen protagonist in all of WSJ. Worse than even Naruto. That's a special type of garbage

Natsu not in Jump and at least not getting a panic attack when he here sauce name .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom