• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manga-Gaf! I am going to be on a 20 hour flight in the coming months, so I am wanting to fill my iPad up with manga prior to my trip. I already have listed down Blade of the Immortal, Kingdom, Blame!, 20th Century Boys, and Vagabond on my shortlist of manga to read. Is there any other manga I should consider picking up? And they can be outside of the senin genre!

And what's this about a Dresden reading club?!

Read Tokyo Ghoul, it's a really great Seinen manga trust me. And there's a sequel out too called Tokyo Ghoul: Re.

How could it be? Nobody but women had any lines in the last episode.

Well in the VN in the first day/prologue it was brought up a few times what a woman "should" do or how they "should" act, not to mention talking about whether some female characters' actions are feminine or not... so yeah.

Revo

Panda told me about a VN thread I was supposed to post in whenever I got to fate/stay stuff but I have no clue where it is.

Zephyx

If Fuuka being "dead" paves the way for Yuu being with Tama till the end, I wouldn't mind Seo offing her. I think I can see what Seo is trying to achieve by her being "dead".. I just don't trust his possible execution to justify the death of the female lead.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I think coinciding with a suzuka death march made for less participation than it would have gotten otherwise. I'm up for trying it again, though I'd probably make these two changes:

1. one series per week, completed (Munou no Hito got flack for being untranslated, and Boys on the Run is unfinished)

2. actual penalties for not finishing (and I can finally abuse my mod powers for the Greater Good)

I want to keep the variety of the first few picks. So it'd be a mix of smut, action, tragedy, shit like that - cathartic things for the most part. I'll probably come up with a list tonight, maybe start it in the middle of November.

i actually read most of the series even if i stopped posting about them after parasyte, more recs plz to drown out the seo fan chorus

Sekai Maou 11

I still have no idea where this is going, but it's not bad at least. Plot is at least picking up a bit.

Hajiotsu 15

What a bro. Right to the point when he confronts her friend about the supposed fake relationship.

dani_dc

Fuuka 37

I haven't been this disgusted at fiction since I read the Red Wedding. Fuck this shit *flips laptop*

I'm thinking of going over and just reading the rest of Suzuka today.
So I can be depressed at the end.
I hope Tama tries to seduce Yuu while he's wallowing in misery and he kicks her the fuck out like Yamato did to Yui.

That would be great.
At least she didn't show up at Fuuka funeral (I can't believe I'm typing that), that would had been extremely awkward.

Next few chapters are going to be very difficult to read.

I remember when I joked that Yuu would be the "dead boyfriend" character in Fuuka, so wrong and yet so close.

I'm starting to get sad at how little Fuuka we got :(

Quixzlizx

I'm thinking of going over and just reading the rest of Suzuka today.
So I can be depressed at the end.

Seo managed to do something terrible enough to make us feel horrible for Suzuka. It's some sort of troll-ception, especially with the truck connection.

Zephyx

I hope Tama tries to seduce Yuu while he's wallowing in misery and he kicks her the fuck out like Yamato did to Yui.

Knowing Seo, it would be the reverse. It would go something like this:

Yuu falls into depression, Tama comes and comforts her, he welcomes Tama with open arms and leaves his band altogether. During this series of events, he gets indulged in the music industry and meets many girls. He stays firm with his loyalty to Tama but still has glimpses of Fuuka in his mind. At the end, he fully realizes he still loves Fuuka (dead or not) and their music, drops Tama for good and reconcile with his friends.

dani_dc

Seo managed to do something terrible enough to make us feel horrible for Suzuka. It's some sort of troll-ception, especially with the truck connection.

I like to think of him planning this for years, constantly giggling whenever he thought about how much people would rage when it happens.

I'll be disappointed if we don't get some side-chapter with Suzuka and Yamato reactions.

I love how his twitter profile is still filled with Fuuka face.

Still cant get over fuuka

Im at the point that im laughing at myself and the reactions

I think I'm getting a bit of the opposite situation. Though that doesn't stop me from still laughing at the reactions.

Zephyx

Seo can also go Clannad: After Story with this sequence of events. Imagine the reactions if Fuuka was really alive or revived at some point. I would laugh and cry at the same time.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
FUUKA

Ahahahahahahahahah.

So Seo is trying to pull of a Mitsuru Adachi, eh?

Even complete with a "the guy is actually a genius too" and "trying to reach a dream after the girl dead" and "the legend begins" stuff.

Well, let's see if he has the chops for it. Though I very much doubt it.

Quixzlizx

I like to think of him planning this for years, constantly giggling whenever he thought about how much people would rage when it happens.

I'll be disappointed if we don't get some side-chapter with Suzuka and Yamato reactions.

I love how his twitter profile is still filled with Fuuka face.

I wonder how many death threats he's getting.

Also, in the licensed Suzuka volumes I bought, there were little omake chapters about Seo being a shy, well-meaning sadsack who always ends up screwing up. It was all a long con.

jman2050

All this just reaffirms my stance that watching anime/reading manga isn't nearly as enjoyable as watching other people react to watching anime/reading manga.

I haven't read much of Seo's stuff but I get the vibe he's biting off more than he can chew here.

Tokyo Ghoul: Re chapter 3

1414455429299.png

Yes fuckin yesssssssssssss, Sasarious FTW! This face this beautiful face. I've been waiting for this day to come, hell yes. Haise is ready to beat Urie's ass, gonna be happy when it does happen.

Anyways we have Chie wanting Haise's underwear in order to give it to her partner. Which is Tsukiyama, so that further confirms Kaneki=Haise. Then we have a meeting between Donato and Haise that was interesting. And it seems Donato wants to tell Kaneki something else at a later point alone hmmmm. Then we get to see white haired Kaneki in Haise's dream, yeah totally confirmed. Then at the end we got to see poor Hinami. Who seems to have lost her gentle, pure, happy expression she always had. Fuck you Aogiri what have you done to my Hinami, her eyes look dead.

Very good chapter can't wait for next week.

Sakurasaku Shoukougun 19 (End)

That character development in the last chapter. Can't say it didn't feel rushed at the end, but at least it didn't last longer than needed. A lot of side characters didn't really get a proper resolution, but I guess this was never supposed to be about them anyway. Decent read.

Usobuko

Banned
All this just reaffirms my stance that watching anime/reading manga isn't nearly as enjoyable as watching other people react to watching anime/reading manga.

I haven't read much of Seo's stuff but I get the vibe he's biting off more than he can chew here.

Nah.

But yes, entertainment can become an alternate mean for socializing. The combination of being slightly well-known and doing something controversial lend itself to a snowball effect. People tend to be drawn to what's the next hot topic others are talking about.

Monster MILFS 27

J559AK0.gif

Amazing. And this is going to be an arc, not just one chapter? Even better.
I guess Papi mom will be next?
IS LALA EVER GOING TO DO ANYTHING?

Akame ga Kill! Vol 1.5 extra chapter

7c8c1fbd24.jpg

lmao that stride, can't break her pinchi

HOLY SHIT TALKING ZOMBIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom