• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ultimate slime has one.

Slime_(Dragon_Quest).jpg

Should have been a Metal Slime.

dani_dc

The October nightmare (Suzuka) is almost over.

The Other nightmare (Fuuka) has just begun.

Seo will forever be present in this thread.

Unless he gets hit by a truck.

I hope he doesn't.

Yes, that one.
And what's life if it isn't a bit of risk. Click it, it's not really nsfw, it would be just for the more prudes.

I clicked on it and immediate regretted it, mostly because I was mid class and had people right behind it. Now I'm on an empty room so I get to look at it all I want.

Any decent Yuri recommendations for me to put on my backlog?

dani_dc

Bleach 603

So he killed his comrades downstairs to resurrect the one upstairs?
Nice I suppose.

Cross post from the anime thread

First visual for Shokugeki no Soma. I guess the anime info will be revealed at Jump Festa.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...geki-no-soma-anime-1st-visual-unveiled/.80450
jgpwGSY.jpg

Looking fine I suppose, though not much to take away from those.

I may be a little late, but I too am interested in reading something from Mitsuru Adachi. Touch and Cross Game were suggested?

Cross Game seemed to be the main one. Apparently we're doing a club read on Touch so might want to hold on for that one.

Akito

I may be a little late, but I too am interested in reading something from Mitsuru Adachi. Touch and Cross Game were suggested?
As I said, I'm gonna start a Touch reading club next week so you're welcome to join us. It's the work that helped defined his career as a manga artist.

dani_dc

Naruto 698

This was a really nice chapter actually, I had lost hope we'd get a good resolution for Naruto and Sasuke after all the nonsense between them.

I particularly liked that it wasn't some long talk no jutsu that solved it, it was just after a bloody battle and a small trade of words that made Sasuke stop.

His actions for the past few arcs are still nonsensical, but it's nice to have a more reasonable Sasuke back.

I suppose this explains why Naruto right arm has been mostly hidden/unseen in the movie art, and when it appears it's in bandages.

mjontrix

Naruto

TALK NO JUTSU! But... that last panel holy crap!

Bleach

Troll Master Kubo strikes again! We're going to see Zanka no Tachi verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry soon I'd predict...

Naruto 698

I'm glad the blood connected to make it seem like they're holding hands instead of becoming a heart.
Still weird though

Nanatsu no Taizai 100

Someone here said Hawk would returned and was right lol. Unless I can't count I only see 6 sins when there are supposed to be 7. Where is the last person?

Naruto
This was a kinda nice talk between the two. I did not expect their hands to explode. Waiting for the eventual photoshopped stream of blood in the shape of a heart.

Bleach
Boo, the Toxicity Quincy and Thor guy live AGAIN. I'm gonna miss the actually interesting Quincy (3/4) gal squad.

Revo

26 volumes/257 chapters of Touch

Since touch should be enjoyable I wouldn't mind doing 20-50 chapters a week/however many volumes that amounts to.

As much as some of y'all are hyped for the Soma adaption. I really want Jump to announce a new season of Gintama at Jump Fiesta, because I know it's gonna be great. Considering previous seasons were awesome.

Usobuko

Banned
I'm in for Touch. I don't think I would have a problem marathon-ing if I am fond of it. Adachi art is pleasant to the eye and this helps to ease the reading experience.

26 volumes/257 chapters of Touch

Since touch should be enjoyable I wouldn't mind doing 20-50 chapters a week/however many volumes that amounts to.

Including this, I have no idea how you are about to keep up with everything. It seems to me that you don't really specialize or have a preferences towards certain type of manga. I mean I seen people with easily a few hundreds manga on their ongoing list but I don't see them posting impressions as frequently as you.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Naruto

If only there was some kind of medical expert in the area who could heal both of you and restore your hands. If only!

Bleach

$10 bucks says the two girls survived the beam of death light just now because reasons. Also now that all the surface enemies are dead, does that mean we aren't getting our Grimjaw, Xcution, Aizen, Kenpachi (2nd), and new Captain Commander fights? What a waste of everything.

Revo

Including this, I have no idea how you are about to keep up with everything. It seems to me that you don't really specialize or have a preferences towards certain type of manga. I mean I seen people with easily a few hundreds manga on their ongoing list but I don't see them posting impressions as frequently as you.

Having no-little life helps.
And I don't, really. I don't do h stuff and shoujo/josei stuff is usually pretty sparse and I might have done like 1-3 yuri stuff and probably no yaoi. I've generally stayed away from the weird stuff but that's mostly cause I've never bothered to look for it. Most of my early readings were from friends and they didn't do weird stuff basically only general shounen/seinen so most of my stuff is that.

If a premise interests me/gets enough support from someone whose taste I know isn't too bad/I do a trade read with someone(ex: suzuka) I'll read it at some point.

Zweizer

Banned

First visual for Shokugeki no Soma. I guess the anime info will be revealed at Jump Festa.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...geki-no-soma-anime-1st-visual-unveiled/.80450
jgpwGSY.jpg

Art looks good. Is it possible to guess the studio animating it from the sketches?

I clicked on it and immediate regretted it, mostly because I was mid class and had people right behind it. Now I'm on an empty room so I get to look at it all I want.

Any decent Yuri recommendations for me to put on my backlog?

Yuricam, Riko & Haru & Irukawa Hot Springs, Under One Roof, Ayame and Amane, Yuri Mekuru Hibi, Honto no Kanojo, Miss Sunflower. That should be enough for a start. Stretch is pretty good as well, although the yuri is still somewhat ambiguous.

dani_dc

Naruto

If only there was some kind of medical expert in the area who could heal both of you and restore your hands. If only!

Only person capable of recreating limbs so far has been Naruto, don't think there's much to do about the arms when they exploded.

It's amusing to think that they slept an entire night and no one figured out where they were.

Yuricam, Riko & Haru & Irukawa Hot Springs, Under One Roof, Ayame and Amane, Yuri Mekuru Hibi, Honto no Kanojo, Miss Sunflower. That should be enough for a start. Stretch is pretty good as well, although the yuri is still somewhat ambiguous.

Read the bolded already. I read the first two chapters of "Miss Sunflower" but it didn't really grab me, does it get better?

I'll check the rest though, thanks for the suggestions.

Zweizer

Banned
Read the bolded already. I read the first two chapters of "Miss Sunflower" but it didn't really grab me, does it get better?

I'll check the rest though, thanks for the suggestions.

The characters get some more development and there are some story arcs which elaborate on the origins of the bookstore, but overall it doesn't deviate too much from the beginning's formula, so if you haven't really liked the first two chapters I don't think the later ones will make you change your mind.

jokkir

Only person capable of recreating limbs so far has been Naruto, don't think there's much to do about the arms when they exploded.

It's amusing to think that they slept an entire night and no one figured out where they were.

You know that Sakura is going to fly out of no where with Kakashi and Team 7 will be reuinited for the 1000000000000 time and somehow heal their arms.

I liked the chapter today, still cant believe its ending... time to get all the early chapters now.
I just have a feeling im going to wake up wed. mornings looking for a new chapter though.

Read Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage.

Yessss, everyone should read that

BTW, cdjapan just released 4 iPhone covers for gekkan shoujo. It features everyone in their pairing, except mikorin is the only one by himself.

Mikorin, forever alone. :(

twist, it turns out the cover shows mikorin x mikorin cause he himself is the best couple

boo, they are introducing an anime original character? soma anime doomed!

Looks good, doesn't really tell us enough about who's making it though
plz be SHAFT

Usobuko

Banned
@ dani_dc

How about Takako Shimura works? I'm not expert in that field though but I did read some of her works and I love her character designs.

Having no-little life helps.
And I don't, really. I don't do h stuff and shoujo/josei stuff is usually pretty sparse and I might have done like 1-3 yuri stuff and probably no yaoi. I've generally stayed away from the weird stuff but that's mostly cause I've never bothered to look for it. Most of my early readings were from friends and they didn't do weird stuff basically only general shounen/seinen so most of my stuff is that.

If a premise interests me/gets enough support from someone whose taste I know isn't too bad/I do a trade read with someone(ex: suzuka) I'll read it at some point.

It's not so bad because I get someone to converse with for Alice in Borderland. If the day where you want to trade read, I'll take up your offer. I'm drawn to many things but if I were pinpoint it, it's the weird, quirky, filthy yet humane characteristics of individuals.

Zweizer

Banned
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun ch56

Mikorin the best of bros.

Kingdom ch408

I wonder if Ryuukoku's guidance will make Shin smarter and less reliant on Kyoukai and Ten. We can hope, right?

boo, they are introducing an anime original character? soma anime doomed!

Hahaha ouch.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Naruto

Great chapter, kishi putting effort in for the remaining chapters. their arms will be healed by narutojesus anyway.

I'm not sure how they fix them. The movie cover has Naruto with a weird bandaged right arm.

Revo

It's not so bad because I get someone to converse with for Alice in Borderland. If the day where you want to trade read, I'll take up your offer. I'm drawn to many things but if I were pinpoint it, it's the weird, quirky, filthy yet humane characteristics of individuals.

Probably one day.

Toriko 299

Time for a boss battle maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom