• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think there should be a trade read club or something where everyone exchanges their favourite one-shots/one volume reads.

Should be interesting and not very time-consuming.

I think there should be a trade read club or something where everyone exchanges their favourite one-shots/one volume reads.

Should be interesting and not very time-consuming.

Sounds like a good idea.

Just sounds time consuming for me since I need to find out what one-shots/one volume stuff I read before >_>

PK Gaming

Naruto

This chapter was incredibly gay, and I mean that in the non-pejorative sense.

Seriously, I've read Yaoi mangas that had more subtlety. Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate the chapter (In fact, I actually enjoyed it). It's just that you could take the text from this chapter (with some slight alterations) and dump it into a blank shojo or yaoi manga, and it would fit.

Antiwhippy

Hmm, how about something like this.

Everybody who wants to join the short reads club gets to nominate 5-10 of their choosing.

Ranges from one-shots to 4 volumes.

Must be completed and fully scanlated.

No hentai. Or anything NSFB. Probably some lewdness is ok, just be sensible about it?

Anyone who skips over the person's recommended reads must wear an avatar of the skipped person's choosing for one week. Stacks with multiple people.

Sounds like something doable?

Or could go with the weekly thing zweizer said and go one suggestion from each participant each week.

Naruto

tumblr_ne7l9ecucD1ray5zqo1_500.png

Nearly a perfect ending. Sasuke finally getting his Naru after so many years of wanting. Those pages of his feelings in words and seeing the effects that Naruto has had on him for years. Perhaps thats why he lost, he just didnt want to end Naruto after and had made him go the distance to prove just how much he wanted him back too.

Cant wait to read vizs. They dont make embarrassing typos.

Fox318

Naruto

Nearly a perfect ending. Sasuke finally getting his Naru after so many years of wanting. Those pages of his feelings in words and seeing the effects that Naruto has had on him for years. Perhaps thats why he lost, he just didnt want to end Naruto after and had made him go the distance to prove just how much he wanted him back too.

If you zoom out you will see a similar heart shape made out of another bodily fluid.

mhs004

Naruto

Zweizer

Banned

Everybody who wants to join the short reads club gets to nominate 5-10 of their choosing.

No hentai. Or anything NSFB. Probably some lewdness is ok, just be sensible about it?

Anyone who skips over the person's recommended reads must wear an avatar of the skipped person's choosing for one week. Stacks with multiple people.

Well, considering the amount it depends on the schedule. Would be good to also let people skip those they already read.

If you zoom out you will see a similar heart shape made out of another bodily fluid.

Woah.

Naruto

I really liked this. I love how Naruto can still crack jokes even being immobilized and in pain.

Last page was a "oh shit" moment. That explains the bandages in Narutos arm from the movie poster, huh.

Zweizer

Banned
Akagi ch219

Washizu really wants to make the finale as hard as possible, huh?

Boku Girl ch28

Loki's at it again.

Ayame and Amane ch21

Lattes are scary.

Antiwhippy

Well, considering the amount it depends on the schedule. Would be good to also let people skip those they already read.

Ah well. It's getting really late about 2 hours ago and I need some sleep, so I'll probably think of a way to do it. Or someone can run with the idea. I dunno.

Or could go with the weekly thing zweizer said and go one suggestion from each participant each week.

How about everyone tosses in a list of recommendations and every week, randomly choose one from each list and that becomes the reading list for that week or two.

Zweizer

Banned
how many chapters of Koe no Katachi are left?

in before ambiguous romance ending

It apparently ends mid-November so I'd say 2 chapters left.

How about everyone tosses in a list of recommendations and every week, randomly choose one from each list and that becomes the reading list for that week or two.

Or maybe just select a chosen amount of series every week regardless of the list. Would make it more consistent and easier to plan around since there could be a huge amount of lists, each with variable numbers of recommendations.

Repawn

Neo Member
Koe no Katachi 59

I think everyone he told know the reason why he doesn't want her to leave. They all just avoided the subject.

Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA 3rei!! 25

That Kuro/Shirou tag-team. And that ending with Sakura Lancelot. If nothing else, this series is amazing at throwing in anything for fans of the main series. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Tsukihime character in the cast eventually.

Mitsukubi Condor Manga to End Saturday

This year's 49th issue of Shueisha's Shonen Jump magazine is announcing on Saturday that Ryō Ishiyama's Mitsukubi Condor manga will end in the magazine's same issue. The magazine will also announce that the series' first, second and third volumes will ship in December, January and February, respectively.

Ishiyama began the manga in July. The story follows a thief named Marshmellow as he searches for "Witch's Treasures," which are said to hold miraculous powers.

First causality of the new series and like totally no one saw it coming.

Busaiku

which one was this again? oh that one LOLOL,

wasn't that the one people in here thought would last the longest? or was that the Academia one?

also this seems kinda quick tbh

Academia and Zumo are definitely sticking around.
Both have been around for a while and are topping the rankings.

Zweizer

Banned
Edit: Zweizer your avatar matches your senpai's avatar so well! My kouhai-kun cannot be this kawaii

...Now I'm wishing for your avatar bet to be over as soon as possible.

Dat foreshadowing, Sakura losing her arm when?

Hahahaha. Well, it's not like she was doing anything with her arms.

Yoakemono is next in line, Condor didnt start in the batch with Sporting salt and judos.

Boy, I've never even heard that one being discussed. That's pretty damning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom