• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
When are you Suzuka winners (lol) are ready with your choices for banners, message Costi everything.

Alternatively I guess I can try to be on IRC to see the choices.

Do I count even if I read the rushed the reading in its entirety and not post impressions? =(

I feel like Kaneki will turn into an edgelord now.
But that's better then what he's been I guess, kind of a bland MC, compared to Touka and the Gourmet and others.

Man I can't wait for your impressions on the next few chapters. Shit gonna get real.

Also Kaneki's based and you'll know why.

dani_dc

Prison School 141

Poor Chiyo is going to be so disappointed.

That last bit with President reminded me of Chairman for some reason.

upandaway

Keijo 5

og955cU.png

Zweizer tripped and fell on panda, accidentally kissing him

l-lewd

Do I count even if I read the rushed the reading in its entirety and not post impressions? =(

I have to think about it. My current thought is that your last impressions were around chapter 55 or so (cos I gave out to you for going ahead) but you haven't posted impressions since and I have no way of knowing you read it, so you should be punished from there on.

I'm not sure what to do in terms of punishments though. a lot of people stopped posting impressions but from their conversations with others I could still see they read it.

Half considering dropping the punishment and just giving the reward to those who actively posted impressions and attempted to make conversation. The rest of the people who didn't do so would have had the punishment of reading Suzuka in its entirety which is bad enough.

Feedback on this?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I stopped reading around Chapter 45 because that shit sucks.

Quixzlizx

Feedback on this?

gladiatorthumbsdown.gif

It takes like 10 minutes to write out impressions that are at least comprehensive enough to prove you've read the chapters for the week, assuming you wanted to do the bare minimum. And some of the impressions that were posted didn't even meet that standard. I don't know why someone would spend 1-2 hours suffering through the read and not even make a post.

And it's just a temporary avatar change, not a ban bet. I changed my avatar to get in the spirit of things with NisekoiGAF and I didn't even bet on HxH :p

dumbyugi

PositioN

A nice light read. It's a shame it was cancelled, I would have enjoyed reading more of the slightly out of the ordinary happenings of Su-chan and Akira's lives. The art is nice, nothing spectacular but certainly not bad. Characters could have been fleshed out a bit more, though I imagine this would have happened had it not been canned. Overall I liked it but the way it ended so suddenly just left me wanting to read more that will never come. 7/10

Alright. Punishment stays.

I'll be PMing people who haven't sent me final impressions and asking for the recs for those who have read it.

IT IS DECREED

Alright. Punishment stays.

I'll be PMing people who haven't sent me final impressions and asking for the recs for those who have read it.

IT IS DECREED

I'm gonna send mine a bit later since I have some homework to finish.

About the recs, since Tokyo Ghoul:re hasn't offically come out with a cover yet, could I wait to put it on the banner when it does officially come out. Or do I have to decide on another rec.

I'm gonna send mine a bit later since I have some homework to finish.

About the recs, since Tokyo Ghoul:re hasn't offically come out with a cover yet, could I wait to put it on the banner when it does officially come out. Or do I have to decide on another rec.

I'll defer that one to Dramatis. My immediate guess is you'd have to pick something else.

dumbyugi

Doubt (Dowman Sayman)

This was the most normal thing I've ever read of Dowman Sayman's works. A boy summons a girl when he was trying to summon the devil and this starts a chain of people summoning other people who meet in the boys room. It was pretty good even if I was expecting something stranger than this. The art wasn't quite the normal style Dowman uses but it was still good. The story was light but it was a fun read. 8/10

Fairy Tail 407

Calling it... Natsu is a Zeref Demon

maybe even END since

1. Zeref knows him and told him that he is saddened that even he can't hurt him yet
2. Igneel somehow failed in fully sealing END

therefore when the seal fully breaks Natsu will become END

Also lol at the master telling everyone to come down and gaze at the naked first and then erase their memories

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
l-lewd

I have to think about it. My current thought is that your last impressions were around chapter 55 or so (cos I gave out to you for going ahead) but you haven't posted impressions since and I have no way of knowing you read it, so you should be punished from there on.

I'm not sure what to do in terms of punishments though. a lot of people stopped posting impressions but from their conversations with others I could still see they read it.

Half considering dropping the punishment and just giving the reward to those who actively posted impressions and attempted to make conversation. The rest of the people who didn't do so would have had the punishment of reading Suzuka in its entirety which is bad enough.

Feedback on this?

Well... you can punish me but I'd like you to know that I actually rush read the entirety of Suzuka that week. I kept posting because I thought it was fine but after I found out about minimizing the posts to the designated chapter count I lost track and haven't posted it. Like I said, feel free to punish me but I did read the whole thing already.

Doubt (Dowman Seiman)

Pretty normal for a Dowman Seiman work. But short, sweet and to the point.

Keyman 26-27

The only thing scarier then an army of superheroes and monsters.
Bureaucrats.
So Sally does still have romantic feels for Alex. And yeah, "if only Necro was here" will probably be the most common phrase in this manga for a while

Fairy Tail 407

Calling it... Natsu is a Zeref Demon

maybe even END since

1. Zeref knows him and told him that he is saddened that even he can't hurt him yet
2. Igneel somehow failed in fully sealing END

therefore when the seal fully breaks Natsu will become END

Also lol at the master telling everyone to come down and gaze at the naked first and then erase their memories

So what's the reason that he and Gazeel couldn't pass through the 80+ age barrier then? The dragon inside them or the fact that they were demons?

Jeez I'm too fucking soft

do I punish Kayos?

I know Kayos outside of MangaGAF and not sure if he's capable of lying to me so if he says he read it I kind of believe him

Man fuck

dani_dc

do I punish Kayos?

I know Kayos outside of MangaGAF and not sure if he's capable of lying to me so if he says he read it I kind of believe him

Man fuck

To be fair, the rules said:

PhillipCostigan said:
Over the next 6 weeks we will be reading a set amount of chapters of Suzuka a week and posting impressions on what will undoubtedly be a timeless classic.

So you can trust him regarding reading the series!

Just that not posting impressions would still count as a failure and thus lead to punishment.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

do I punish Kayos?

Man fuck

You already have someone to punish so let him go. Punishments aren't fun when contested.

Not sure how much free time I'll have during the week, so on with the SbS reads:

Wife and Wife 1-18 (END)
If her and Yurika ever met up I'm pretty sure it'd be the end of womankind.

Flirty yuri fluffiness about a trio of couples with varying levels of mental capacity. Despite reading a fair number of short 'n' sweet yuri series, I can count the number of ones that were worth finishing on the fingers of one hand. Relatively speaking, this was one of the better ones, but even so it had a hard time holding my interest. The shallow lead pairing and their daily activities were the main problem, but on top of that, everyone was so much in love with each-other that any attempt at relationship drama felt like it was over before it began. I know that wasn't exactly the point of the series, but still, seeing the flower garden get trampled a bit would've made things more entertaining.

I've read Doubt, Zansho and PositioN already, though none of them were my picks. Doubt and Zansho are both by authors I'm fond of, and about mid-tier in terms of their respective works. PositionN... well, MAL says I gave it 4/10, and it took a few chapters before I remembered I'd read it, so it evidently didn't leave much of an impression on me. I figure we're not expected to re-read or say much about stuff we've already read before, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Yume Nikki I'll read tomorrow. Been looking forward to it for a while, since I'm a big fan of the game(s).

Wait, wasn't one week too for last chapters?

Damn, read to the ending days ago but was too lazy to write the impresions!

wait for meeeeeee!!!

Suzuka 151-167

Shit ending, that's all.

No seriously, the last chapters of the manga, basically since the timeskip have been useless. Waste chapters introducing a new girl just to be kicked away in 4 chapters? check. Haruna comeback just to say she has a new boyfriend and managed to get away from the grasp of that idiot? check. The best thing is that Suzuka comes back and in a few chapters to end together in just a few, no development altogether, the chapter the couple starts over again is such a display of shit writing that I don't even know how to start.

And then the whole ackward moment when she says is pregnant (3 months pregnant and she really didn't noticed?...like not even suspect it?) and then all goes to shit. TBH I'm not that hard on Yamato's decision to keep the baby, as the father he has the right to take part on such a key discussion. He wants the baby, which makes him an hypocrite, but is Suzuka who also decides to keep the baby. So both are hypocrital idiots, so both are actually made for each other.

Is a shame, so many fucked up lives for a baby that gets hit by a truck 15 years later.

Sakurasaku Shoukougun 18-19

Well this is finally over. I guess they get together now even if they still seem insufferable. Bad haircut though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom