• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

BriGuy

Someone told me how to disable the steer-assist and now my cart seems to be going roughly twice as fast as before. I've gone from finishing multiplayer racers dead last (or close to) to being competitive again. What the fuck Nintendo.

I was literally screaming obscenities at the tv because people in similar spec'd karts would blow right past me even though I wasn't making any mistakes.

Someone told me how to disable the steer-assist and now my cart seems to be going roughly twice as fast as before. I've gone from finishing multiplayer racers dead last (or close to) to being competitive again. What the fuck Nintendo.

I was literally screaming obscenities at the tv because people in similar spec'd karts would blow right past me even though I wasn't making any mistakes.

Don't forget you have access to pink sparks now

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So, those staff ghosts. I won all the 200cc cups without much trouble, and I can't even beat the first ghost. Like, not even close.

AlanOC91

It's 1000 times easier in 1st place than 4th+ in this game.

In 1st you only have to worry about 1 red shell/blue shell but in lower places it feels like you get bombarded with everything and anything. Makes it really difficult if you fall behind.

Doesn't help that the game is stingy af with items.

AGoodODST

Hmm so what exactly do you need to do to get the alternate title screens? I finished 200cc.

Pls don't tell me I need to do 150/Mirror too...

jacobeid

Banned
Finally went online last night and got first place in all four races I played before I went to bed.

I should probably just quit now.

Fliesen

Ok, playing Mario Kart on a 2h plane ride is ... well ... amazing.

Also, since it was a business trip, i was wearing suit+tie ... felt baller as fuck, gotta tell ya.

jts

...hate me...
Ok, playing Mario Kart on a 2h plane ride is ... well ... amazing.

Also, since it was a business trip, i was wearing suit+tie ... felt baller as fuck, gotta tell ya.
You need to add these ASAP.

yYV3NwW.jpg

GeneralSmiley

Neo Member
Hey guys, MKGaf newbie here, can't seem to join an active room even though I entered the code and only ever seem to be on my lonesome. Is that normal? Is there anyway to queue instead?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So what exactly is Smart Steering and what does it do? Will it make racing against my wife more equal? The last Mario Kart she played was 64.

molnizzle

So what exactly is Smart Steering and what does it do? Will it make racing against my wife more equal? The last Mario Kart she played was 64.

Puts invisible bumpers on the side of the course so you can't fall off.

Great for racing with lesser-skilled players.

Switch was having issues connecting to the 24hr fitness Wifi. Ended up using my phone to connect to 24hrs wifi, then connect my switch to my phone using the wifi tethering. Worked great, online matches were stable.

ZJ3WYdD.gif

Switch was having issues connecting to the 24hr fitness Wifi. Ended up using my phone to connect to 24hrs wifi, then connect my switch to my phone using the wifi tethering. Worked great, online matches were stable.

ZJ3WYdD.gif

Well the debate is solved. The answer is to use a Kart while using a Bike.

Hanmik

I tried to put it in my bridged Tp-Link's DMZ but to no avail, sadly, modem is an ancient Technicolor that doesn't even have such settings. Online multiplayer on PC works great, though. I'm gonna just grab a new one

I just changed mine for a Asus ac68u. Great router and now I can play online..

Horrible CPU tactics just then.

About to win easily and had 2 green shells to protect my back.

Ghost gets me and takes the first shell and I get hit straight away.

A couple of seconds later as I'm about to win another ghost appears and takes my other shell and I get hit with another shell, which sends me to 2nd.

Scripted or bad luck?

Joqu

Can you describe it?

I was playing Mario Kart and all of a sudden I was filled with a feeling of dread. I wasn't alone, someone / something in the room was watching me. I sort of freaked out and woke up. That's it.

Honestly a pretty standard nightmare for me, it's just that I was playing MK cuz that's what I've been playing irl. Nothing too exciting! I didn't get hit by any shells...

But I'm still gonna blame you guys. Clearly the monster has been GAF all along. :p

My girlfriend's birthday is this weekend and I'm having a nightmare finding a Switch for her here in the UK. I have a shiny new copy of Mario Kart ready to go, but no system. Is anywhere actually in stock? :/

First ever MK game and idk the controls just feel so stiff and sluggish.

Not for me.

Maybe you have steer assist on? It's on by default.

Pause and turn it off.

Your character and kart my also be an issue. Larger characters are much heavier and with slower acceleration than the smaller ones like Baby Mario.

The real racing is also at 150cc.

Top Bottom