• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Tried the 200cc for the first time and it felt like I didn't have any control over my cart. I just brute forced my way through the cup, hitting every wall and missing every turn haha

You need to get used to braking. It feels weird for sure - BRAKING in Mario Kart?!? - but it's necessary. You can brake while drifting, without losing your drift boost. Auto-accelerate is highly recommended.

Berordn

You need to get used to braking. It feels weird for sure - BRAKING in Mario Kart?!? - but it's necessary. You can brake while drifting, without losing your drift boost. Auto-accelerate is highly recommended.

The fact that autoaccelerate is disabled in time trials seriously wounds me.

Like it legitimately hurts my thumb.

The fact that autoaccelerate is disabled in time trials seriously wounds me.

Like it legitimately hurts my thumb.

I don't use auto accelerate in 200cc, I just grew used to it, it may seem a bit overhwhrlming to have to handle so much at first but I fell it's superior to auto-acceleration.

Saganator

I've had a Switch since launch, sitting in the box underneath a bed, awaiting Christmas for my kid, it's so tempting to crack it open to play MK 8, ugh.

I've had a Switch since launch, sitting in the box underneath a bed, awaiting Christmas for my kid, it's so tempting to crack it open to play MK 8, ugh.
With the joycons having known desyncing issues, I think testing out the system to ensure everything is working properly would be the responsible thing to do. :D

Use the damn breaks! It's hard to grasp at first but you must break, and can do so when drifting. Essential.
But its so much easier just drifting. Breaking is such a foreign concept to me in Mario Kart haha. Ill try tonight and see how it goes. It was hilarious though, jumping over most of the dirt piles on the Excitebike track on 200cc

Sordid

I haven't played since MK Wii... having my first MK8 experience being online against GAF was a mistake! Was mostly in the bottom three but I did scab 4th in one race.

I need to play offline more to actually learn the tracks before I try that again 😂

psychotron

I miss the mall level from MK Wii. It was great seeing all the fucked up Mii's I created cheering the racers on. DLC would be great.

Neiteio

It's a testament to how great this game is that I'm trying to three-star every cup and I keep getting blue-shelled into second place on Big Blue, but after a brief bout of cursing at the TV I don't even care and jump right back in for another attempt.

I also can't get over how gorgeous this game is, and how inspired its vision is for each and every course. I was floored by its splendor in 2014, and I'm floored here all over again.

mauaus

Usually end in the top 6 in regional online games but just played a few rounds with a dodgy connection ended in the last 4 a few times. This game can be so frustrating

Fireblend

Banned
I can't see the "hidden codes" for the GAF rooms when I highlight the OP. Am I doing something wrong? How do I join in the mayhem?

You have to click the quote button for that post, like I'm doing now with yours. Then in the edition box, look for the codes inside the post you quoted, they'll be inside [ email ] tags.
Baby Park is trash.

You take that back.

There are better tracks tho

Top Bottom