• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Da Fro

I searched and can't seem to find an answer to this question.
When the track you pick gets selected when playing an online race, what are the points you get for??

This game is god damn frustrating. 1st to 12th in the last stretch and nothing you can do about it. I play Dirt Rally, I know what pain is, but this pain is much deeper.

Wasn't expecting to be having a blast with online racing. Really don't want to pay that fee later this year. :/

Why do 3 of their biggest games rely on online, I really wonder...

That said, my Mario kart online is crappy and it's a pain to play with friends, they better improve this before the tax...

Why do 3 of their biggest games rely on online, I really wonder...

That said, my Mario kart online is crappy and it's a pain to play with friends, they better improve this before the tax...

I hope the fee is for an improved service. I tolerate Nintendo's online shenanigans because it is free ( for now ), but yeah, they better improve it once it becomes Pay-2-Play.

With that said, I have to admit that I am pretty darn addicted to Mario Kart Online..

The worst people are the guys who shoot fireballs behind them when they're in like 10th place. Bro, we're all in the back of the pack. Chill.

zigg

I played MK8 a bunch on Wii U. Have and have enjoyed all the DLC.

I'm not particularly interested in battle mode.

Is there a good reason for me to get into this one?

Berordn

I played MK8 a bunch on Wii U. Have and have enjoyed all the DLC.

I'm not particularly interested in battle mode.

Is there a good reason for me to get into this one?

If you're into portability that's a decent draw, especially if you know others with the game since you can play multiplayer on multiple screens.

Otherwise, not really. The changes to character stats and items are nice, and the new characters are kinda cool, but otherwise it's the same game if you're not going to touch battle mode (which would be a real shame).

Sordid

The worst people are the guys who shoot fireballs behind them when they're in like 10th place. Bro, we're all in the back of the pack. Chill.

I've only had a few GAF races but this happened to me. I was already in last place but apparently I wasn't quite last enough😂

Seik

Banned
My GF is off to a wedding.

My coffee has been served.

GAF, ten minutes.

boogeyman-o.gif

How does Gaf feel about battle mode. I played a couple games for the first time and it was actually pretty cool. They definitely didn't half ass it.

Is there a Gaf tournament? And do people actually play it?

Seik

Banned
How does Gaf feel about battle mode. I played a couple games for the first time and it was actually pretty cool. They definitely didn't half ass it.

If you check the OP, there is one, however if people play on it or not, I can't say.

Went on it once this week and there was nobody, didn't come back since.

The code for the GAF tournament is in the OP.

Not sure how often it's been used so far, but a few of us played for quite a bit last night and it was a ton of fun. I think we'll be doing more this weekend (and in the future).
If you want to play some Battle or any other mode, you can ask in the Discord or in this thread and you might get some people that are up to joining.

cyba89

Just beat every time trial ghost to get the gold tires. Now only 3 mirror cups to go and the I have at least one star on every 150cc, mirror and 200cc.

Then I can fully concentrate on online races and battles.

Doubt I will reach the 10.000 coins for the last unlock. I put like 60-70 hours into the WiiU version and never reached that number.

Berordn

Doubt I will reach the 10.000 coins for the last unlock. I put like 60-70 hours into the WiiU version and never reached that number.

Weren't there rumblings about it being reduced in Deluxe to 5,000?

I actually did get it on Wii U, and now I'm tempted to force my way through regardless to get a perfect ensemble for Gold Mario.

Should I leave on the drive assist until I get better or learn each track the hard way?
I'm not really sure if drive assist is intended to help you learn tracks. It's going to [lightly] push you to take traditional routes, which is never the fastest way to complete a course.

Personally, I think playing without drive assist and experimenting with shortcuts and how tight your drifts can be around corners, even the hairpin turns, is the best way to learn the tracks. You might crash and fall a lot, but at least you'll be able to recognize that a mistake was made.

Top Bottom