• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Col.Asher

How early should you order from amazon? I ordered Mario Kart on monday and now the game is just now being shipped and will arrive monday even though I wanted it today.

For some reason my amiibo aren't scanning? Am I doing something wrong? I tried to scan a bunch of them at the amiibo screen and nothing.

Is there rubber-banding speed in Mario Kart? ie. those in the back are faster than the leader? For the AI or for human-controlled carts?

I'm thinking of buying it to go with Zelda, but I absolutely hate rubber-band AI..

Mediking

Goes to buy a Nintendo prepaid card for this game...

Decides to check gaming budget before doing so...

Realizes in vain that its 0 and I cant buy the game.

Lmao.

Back to Zelda.

The Thnikkaman

Neo Member
So after being told by Amazon that my copy shipped yesterday I now have an email from Amazon saying it's delayed and I won't get it until Wednesday.

Thanks Amazon, go fuck yourself now I'm stuck paying 10 bucks more to pick it up retail on my way home from work today.

The salt has begun and I don't even have my copy yet.

How early should you order from amazon? I ordered Mario Kart on monday and now the game is just now being shipped and will arrive monday even though I wanted it today.

I ordered it Sunday and got told an hour ago I'd have to wait until Wednesday. Cancelled, getting it at retail tomorrow.

I think Amazon just sucks at this.

Kibbles

Yeah fuck Amazon, not preordering from there again. I ordered weeks ago. Why did they not even ship it until today when it was supposed to be release date delivery. Now it's coming on Sunday.

Any difference in cars, bikes and atv's? Like do they have different handling or speed characteristics? I haven't seen or played a MK since 64. There is so much going on the screen now. I feel like I am driving in a slot machine haha. Funny that it still feels the same after all these years, drifting was immediately familiar. Stupid compulsion to complete all the lower races first. The 50cc is a slog. Didn't see a single car in front of me until like the 3rd cup.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't know how familiar you are, but yes the single player is insanely deep with cups that scale up the difficulty and then speeds as well. It's just a perfect ramp and of course an insane amount of variety. The only thing that doesn't translate is Battle Mode (though you can play it with bots, but there's not a Battle Cup or w/e).

I havent played a MK since... 64 :eek:

This morning and at lunch I played with a coworker in tabletop mode. We each had a single Joy-Con and I actually think I may stick to that controller - it felt pretty good!

It's crazy though - the Switch concept has really proven itself to me. From Mario Kart and Jackbox in the office, Zelda on the train and at home, and then tabletop mode with separated Joy-Con on a flight I feel like I am living in a Switch trailer.

Great job, Nintendo. I'm really enjoying myself and, even better, other people are enjoying it too!

Edit: Although subtle, I also really like the rumble in this game. Is this what HD rumble is? Well whatever it is it feels really good, from revving up to using coins. It's really neat.

Crash331

Yeah fuck Amazon, not preordering from there again. I ordered weeks ago. Why did they not even ship it until today when it was supposed to be release date delivery. Now it's coming on Sunday.

They told me Wednesday and then would only give me a $5 credit towards the digital version.

I told them to fuck off and I bought it from Walmart. I am done with Amazon and video games. I will just use the Best Buy gamer club.

This game REALLY knows how to get the salt flowing. Nothing quite like being in 2nd place on the final lap and getting hit with a red shell, green shell, bomb-omb, and then gliding into 9th.

This game REALLY knows how to get the salt flowing. Nothing quite like being in 2nd place on the final lap and getting hit with a red shell, green shell, bomb-omb, and then gliding into 9th.

2nd place? Try being in 1st for almost the entire race and getting blue shelled, then bombarded by a million other attacks and finishing past 3rd place.

HOLD ME BACK

Top Bottom