• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

With Nintendo products, they're notoriously bad. But other games have been slipping recently, too. I'm full-on Best Buy at this point. Sometimes they even deliver early.

Yeah; I'm chatting with them right now trying to get them to price-match the digital code to the physical version (MK8 might be one of the few games I don't mind having digitally) because this is ridiculous.

aka_bueno

Folks, beware of the Qun Feng Switch steering wheel set:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y44ZD72/?tag=neogaf0e-20

61HEtwvanSL._SL1000_.jpg

They have one big design flaw. The extra "wings" on the shoulder buttons actually won't activate the button when hit. You have to have your finger basically up against the wheel for it to activate every time you squeeze it. So what was the point it extending those wings down for the buttons then?

Also one of my wheels is causing the left shoulder button to stick when depressed, about every other time you hit it.

I'm sending mine back to Amazon and trying a different brand, or waiting until I can get an official one.

Anyone have recommendations for other 3rd party ones out yet?

The official Nintendo wheels seem to have the same issue with the shoulder buttons having a too much travel and having to press them down fully in order for them to make contact with the joy-con button and register. A few sites posted about this the past few days, but one site posted an easy fix by just getting a small piece of adhesive felt and sticking it on the inside of the wheel button where it makes contact with the joy-con button. This lessens the amount of travel before activation (and lessens the loud clicky sound). I assume the same fix applied to that brand you have.

I have 2 brands of the wheels here just waiting for the game to test them. I have the official wheel and a 3rd party one to compare

Crash331

Yeah; I'm chatting with them right now trying to get them to price-match the digital code to the physical version (MK8 might be one of the few games I don't mind having digitally) because this is ridiculous.

Good luck. It's crappy Indian support and they pretty much refused to give me more than $5, and I spend hundreds on amazon each month.

Tsosie

Just got done with my first session. Had a great time. Auto-steer and auto-accelerate are two of the greatest features ever. My 2 year old and 4 year old were having a blast while I was learning the courses.

Ponn

Banned
So my Boo Amiibo does nothing in this game? What games does the Boo Amiibo work with? Seems to be one of the most useless Amiiboos game wise but it glows in the dark so whatever.

Hixx

fuck me i saw the dude ahead about to get blue shelled right at the end and i got too close so we both got rekt ;_;

Top Bottom