• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Polygon guide says the super horn can destroy a blue shell. Can anyone confirm this, or any other defence item?

I can absolutely confirm this, it worked just fine in MK8 on Wii-U. Only problem back then was having to hold on to only that item for the whole race just in case.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
2nd place? Try being in 1st for almost the entire race and getting blue shelled, then bombarded by a million other attacks and finishing past 3rd place.

HOLD ME BACK

This is an ages-old debate but it's exactly what makes MK so accessible and fun for everyone even though people who think of themselves as amazing players better than everyone might hate it on principle (and to them I'd suggest maybe playing a real racing game then; it'd be like choosing to play poker and having a philosophical opposition to any randomness).

This game is absolutely gorgeous docked. I played a lot of MK8 on Wii U, including the DLC, and I was really skeptical about paying full price for the game again but I have zero regrets.

Xdrive05

Folks, beware of the Qun Feng Switch steering wheel set:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y44ZD72/?tag=neogaf0e-20

61HEtwvanSL._SL1000_.jpg

They have one big design flaw. The extra "wings" on the shoulder buttons actually won't activate the button when hit. You have to have your finger basically up against the wheel for it to activate every time you squeeze it. So what was the point it extending those wings down for the buttons then?

Also one of my wheels is causing the left shoulder button to stick when depressed, about every other time you hit it.

I'm sending mine back to Amazon and trying a different brand, or waiting until I can get an official one.

Anyone have recommendations for other 3rd party ones out yet?

-.- is Amazon always this bad with release date delivery? It said it would be delivered today until literally 5 minutes ago when they updated with delivery date Monday. WTF

alexbull_uk

-.- is Amazon always this bad with release date delivery? It said it would be delivered today until literally 5 minutes ago when they updated with delivery date Monday. WTF

Where do you live?

I've literally never had a parcel arrive on a day other than the one they said it would, but I live in the UK so from a lot of places you can get next-day delivery as late as like 11pm.

Until recently I've had no problems with amazon, but the past two games I've ordered from them have been fucked up in one way or another so I'm basically done

With Nintendo products, they're notoriously bad. But other games have been slipping recently, too. I'm full-on Best Buy at this point. Sometimes they even deliver early.

Top Bottom