• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Robin64

If a room is full when you join a Tourney, you'll get put in a second room, and often sit there alone with no way of knowing if there's another full one going on. It's a bit of a pain.

If a room is full when you join a Tourney, you'll get put in a second room, and often sit there alone with no way of knowing if there's another full one going on. It's a bit of a pain.

Yeah there's definitely a full room going on right now. You should at least be able to know

Kinsei

Banned
I finished up 150cc. I'm trying to unlock the gold kart, gold wheels, and Gold mario befoe going online.

The boo item is 100x than the blue shell. "Oh sweet, I have a super horn in first!" *Boo appears*

Robin64

I see people loving the HD rumble and I'm sitting here just feeling like my controller is a mobile phone getting text messages.

PixlNinja

Banned
So after being told by Amazon that my copy shipped yesterday I now have an email from Amazon saying it's delayed and I won't get it until Wednesday.

Thanks Amazon, go fuck yourself now I'm stuck paying 10 bucks more to pick it up retail on my way home from work today.

The salt has begun and I don't even have my copy yet.

I got it with the Prime discount, not supposed to be here until tomorrow. Fuck that, Im going to Walmart and buying a copy and ill return the Amazon one to Walmart when I get it.

Damnit: I was certain I'd pass on MK8D since I owned it on Wii U with all the DLC and thought I had my fill of it. Then I thought I'd pick it up, but only after a digital coupon or sale.

Let the record show that I caved on day one. When my download is finished I will see you all at the races.

Last night I returned to MK7 for my first sustained session in years. I never quite took to MK7, putting it away after a little over a dozen hours, and that's what made me hesitant about MK8D as I didn't know if portable play and online Battle Mode were worth that much to me. It happened that in my last batch of races, the better courses in MK7 all remade in MK8 all showed up in the random draw. Clearly, it was telling me something.

Played a bit last night and the game is just as great as on Wii U, haven't really tried battle mode yet so ready to sink some time into that tonight!

Also have had some connectivity issues where it boots me out of the room and back to menu selection for online. Hm.

Took a few hours of constant play but I earned 3 stars on all cups and CC classes and unlocked
Gold Mario
and the
Gold Kart.
Now to beat all the time trial ghosts to get the
Gold Wheels
! After that it's all about that 10,000 coin grind for the
Gold Parachute

Putosaure

The fact that you can go in the Home menu while playing online is crazy. I just checked my screenshots while waiting.
Game is awesome, too bad that now it's 1080p it's harder not to notice how low-poly is almost everything

I see people loving the HD rumble and I'm sitting here just feeling like my controller is a mobile phone getting text messages.

Yeah I don't get it either. On both BotW and this it is underwhelming. On BotW it seems to be out of sync with many actions too. Slight delay. Not a big deal but noticeable.

Firebrand

The fact that you can go in the Home menu while playing online is crazy. I just checked my screenshots while waiting.
Game is awesome, too bad that now it's 1080p it's harder not to notice how low-poly is almost everything

Going back and forth between 3DS and Switch I love how snappy the OS is on the Switch, there's not even a hitch when taking screenshots.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Reviews will have all the details but basically if you like Mario Kart it's an absolutely fantastic single-player experience with an incredible amount of depth and variety.

awesome, will pick it up then.

Yeah I don't get it either. On both BotW and this it is underwhelming. On BotW it seems to be out of sync with many actions too. Slight delay. Not a big deal but noticeable.

BotW doesn't have HD Rumble though. If you can't feel it this then maybe it's not for you really because it's really good. It goes really nice along with the ground and how much you're accelerating, it has subtle and big spikes. I'm actually impressed

Top Bottom