• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Is there rubber-banding speed in Mario Kart? ie. those in the back are faster than the leader? For the AI or for human-controlled carts?

I'm thinking of buying it to go with Zelda, but I absolutely hate rubber-band AI..

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Incredibly frustrated that my Amazon shipment is coming tomorrow.

I tried to cancel but couldn't since it was preparing for shipment. Now I get to miss launch day. :(

I don't think I'll preorder a Nintendo game from Amazon again.

Insaniac

Is there some reason why I can't do purple sparks? I was able to do it in time trial, but whenever I do grand prix or vs (haven't tried other modes yet) i can't get em

Firebrand

Is there rubber-banding speed in Mario Kart? ie. those in the back are faster than the leader? For the AI or for human-controlled carts?

I'm thinking of buying it to go with Zelda, but I absolutely hate rubber-band AI..

For the AI? Probably, but can't confirm. For players? Not that I've seen, just the items. If I'm in first place I feel like the AI doesn't really catch up without items or me messing up though. They don't magically gain on you. Could be wrong though.

Your post reminds me of Burnout 3 where you'd drive at insane speeds if you were last, haha.

Is there some reason why I can't do purple sparks? I was able to do it in time trial, but whenever I do grand prix or vs (haven't tried other modes yet) i can't get em
Turned off the autosteering?

Peterc

Damn, just played the game, it is 60$ well spend.
I already got the game on wiiu, but the switch is even better.
It plays better, it feels smooter. But also the HD rumble is a must have.

The battle mode is nice too.

13ruce

Banned

If the ai cheats i cheat that's why i used smart steering for 200cc to unlock gold mario:p i had enough rage from the Wii U version with doing all cups legit hehe.

Putosaure

The double item thing is something. You basically always have something to throw at the others. Tracks get filled with shit too, it's banana galore. Love it !

Welp, Mario Kart is back. I probably won't be playing anything but this and Pyuo Pyuo Tetris for the foreseeable future. If Psyonix ports Rocket League to Switch I can retire my PC.

I haven't been this excited about Nintendo since the GameCube days.

It feels more like buzzing than rumble. It's like a cell phone

Yeah, that is all I get. Doesn't feel like any more detailed, just a smaller cell phone like buzz instead of the big physical spinning asymmetrical weights of normal rumble. It never shakes, just buzzes. It is certainly not worse, rumble is rumble, but it is not notable at all imo. Just different.

I'm waiting on my copy, the UPS guy walked right by my door, delivered my neighbor's copy (he's not home, I'm holding onto it for him and want to steal it,) and have to wait on the USPS.

With an A nat, for you guys that got bomberman as well, are you having any online lag? In that, I'll have playable and unplayable matches. Please tell me it's good, this'll be my game of the forever, I tried the neighbor' wii u version and it was absolutely amazing.

Tubie

I can't get over how good this game looks and plays in portable mode.

Like this is premium console content on a portable device.

topplehat

Had a ton of fun playing multiplayer today during lunch.

Still wish there was a traditional "elimination-style" battle mode like the original MK and MK64 battle modes.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Picked up my copy. Pretty excited. We're gonna have a tournament tomorrow with an Amiibo as a prize. None of us have been playing Mario Kart regularly in over a decade. Should be fun. I've decided not to play in preparation so we're all evenly shitty at the game.

Just out of curiosity is there anything you can do about stronger items like the Blue Shell in this one? Just so I can explain it before someone even gets a chance to bitch? Haha

AGoodODST

Wait. You can keep hitting the item button to get more boost from the plant...

So many hours into the WiiU version and I never knew this.

Top Bottom