• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

So I change to Gamers Club because I was done with Amazon after the Switch debacle and they have now picked FedEx who has left me a slip not the damn package at my door....Here I am rethinking my decision of switching to BB this sucks.

I hate FedEx. Now I have to drive 10 miles north during work hours so that I can get the game I paid for.

Is anyone else having a problem with local multiplayer (wireless play)? I can play three out of four races before 'randomly' disconnecting. It's happened three separate times now.

Getting 1st place on Rainbow road in the 150cc special cup is driving me absolutely insane. I always get hit by a ton of shit right at the end.

Picked up my copy. Pretty excited. We're gonna have a tournament tomorrow with an Amiibo as a prize. None of us have been playing Mario Kart regularly in over a decade. Should be fun. I've decided not to play in preparation so we're all evenly shitty at the game.

Just out of curiosity is there anything you can do about stronger items like the Blue Shell in this one? Just so I can explain it before someone even gets a chance to bitch? Haha

Yeah, you have an horn as an item which can destroy the blue shells.

Btw cool idea with the tournament and the amiibo as a price. :)

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Mario Kart 8 is back. Finally a mp game that can tear me away from Overwatch.

It's been long enough since I played MK8 plus playing on the Switch makes everything feel fresh again.

King Boo is life.

OmegaFax

I would join a GAF Tournament but I need a honeymoon period with this game where I have at least some confidence that I can play this game right before I'm completely obliterated.

Strider

Didn't notice HD rumble at all using the pro controller or handheld mode... Tried split joycons just now and I did notice it... the rumble pretty dam neat. All items, gathering coins, collisions, etc all have a unique feel to them... Pretty cool gimmick.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Didn't notice HD rumble at all using the pro controller or handheld mode... Tried split joycons just now and I did notice it... the rumble pretty dam neat. All items, gathering coins, collisions, etc all have a unique feel to them... Pretty cool gimmick.

Yeah the HD rumble is solid. Too bad I don't really like the feel of the Joycons, though I still need to try auto-accelerate which might help things.

Strider

Yeah the HD rumble is solid. Too bad I don't really like the feel of the Joycons, though I still need to try auto-accelerate which might help things.

Using the joycons got a lot more comfortable for me when I learned I could use Y to accelerate instead of A. They are definitely on the small side tho

iFirez

Just got three gold three star trophies in 150cc. Enjoying replaying this, love Dry Bones and the new purple sparks.

What do the gold stars on the match results/score board do? (Top left) the ones you can give by pressing X. Is that just a favouriting system or something?

AGoodODST

Just got three gold three star trophies in 150cc. Enjoying replaying this, love Dry Bones and the new purple sparks.

What do the gold stars on the match results/score board do? (Top left) the ones you can give by pressing X. Is that just a favouriting system or something?

I think it is saved replays. Can't remember though.

ngower

Online is going to kill me. Think I might just try to Gold/3-star a bunch of single player cups and get some item unlocks.

Can I swap items in the double slots or do I just use the primary to make the secondary available?

Also, do any of the Animal Crossing amiibo besides villager unlock mii costumes and/or is there a list of who all is available for costumes?

[EDIT] Also is there a not-as-good-as-most-people-on-GAF room on GAF? Like, a second tier?

Kinsei

Banned
Is everything unlocked for online already or do I need to go through Grand Prix first?

There is one character and one kart unlocked via grand prix. There is also a set of tires unlocked via time trials. Everything else that's locked can be earned by playing online.

phant0m

So I change to Gamers Club because I was done with Amazon after the Switch debacle and they have now picked FedEx who has left me a slip not the damn package at my door....Here I am rethinking my decision of switching to BB this sucks.

I hate FedEx. Now I have to drive 10 miles north during work hours so that I can get the game I paid for.

Dude just sign up on FedEx's website and you can tell them to leave your packages without signature. This is 0% Best Buy's fault.

phant0m

Auto-accelerate is amazing. Keeps your thumb from getting tired of holding A down during long sessions

Is it just me, or is single player now much easier than on the WiiU?
Maybe they tuned the AI a bit, or maybe it's the new second item, but today I easily finished 150 and Mirror with not too many problems, all 3 Stars, all 60 Points.

Never managed to do that on WiiU.

Top Bottom