• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

I played mk8 on wii u cadually for maybe 10 hrs but somthing about having this game on the switch is insane. It's like a totally new experience for me. I cannot get enough of it.

From Amazon:

I can't believe this. Amazon usually goes out of their way to help but now they're basically telling me to fuck off.
I don't have the item even though I preordered under the impression that they'd have it in stock.
I can't cancel the item because they changed my status to "preparing" over 12 hours ago.
And now they're saying that they won't talk to me about it anymore.

I'm not fucking with Amazon for anything Switch-related anymore. Not after the launch day debacle. Y'all should follow suit, Amazon fucking sucks with Switch.

MarioLinkSamus

not a fan of Ashley Madison. Digs her website tho
My brother tethered his Switch to his Iphone to play Kart online on his busride.

"Smooth as a baby's bottom," he says.

MOcKPqf.jpg

0racle

What is the best way to change a switch? I'm worried about damaging the system.

- can I charge using ANY charger ? I have a usb a to c cord.

- if the charger supplies too much power does the switch safely use what it needs ?

- if the charger supplies less than recommend, does it damage it ? Or just take longer to charge?

What is the best way to change a switch? I'm worried about damaging the system.

- can I charge using ANY charger ? I have a usb a to c cord.

- if the charger supplies too much power does the switch safely use what it needs ?

- if the charger supplies less than recommend, does it damage it ? Or just take longer to charge?

I've charged mine via USB 2.4v (QC 2.0) wall charger and it worked just fine. (USB A to C)

It has the new USB-C PD standard, should take whatever you can throw at it.

Sojiro

Bah, I just got this from Amazon earlier:

"We're encountering a delay in shipping your order. The new delivery date is indicated below. We'll send a confirmation when your item ships. We apologize for the inconvenience."

New ship date is the 3rd...super shitty, I was planning on playing this with family and friends this weekend. Thankfully Puyo Puyo Tetris will fill the void for this weekend at least. First time i've had Amazon just delay an order like that for me, with no real reason why.

Mandelbo

I was never in first that game and a blue shell came after me.

fry.PNG

As in it homed in on you and blew up, or hit you as it was passing? Blue shells hit anything that's in their way as they make their way to the front, even if you're not actually in first. If you can get out of the way it'll ignore you, though.

catmario

Wow 200cc mode is really harder than I expected. Sometimes ramp boost gives disadvantage while driving on that mode. This is really game changer for Mario kart 8.

How do I permanently turn off auto-steering?

When you're selecting your Kart parts, hit the +/- button.

From there, you can disable the Auto-Assist (keeps you from flying off the track, and marks your cup victories with a yellow dot iirc) by hitting L - it's on by default

one and done

Mandelbo

It's weird that Amazon are being so shitty with orders for this - they did the exact opposite for me. I ordered on the 10th of April and their initial estimate was that it'd dispatch on the 29th and arrive on May 3rd, for some reason. Then all of a sudden they dispatched it yesterday while I was sleeping and it arrived about midday :p

They did a similar thing at the Switch launch too - I've learnt to just not trust Amazon's pre-dispatch estimates.

Draper

When you're selecting your Kart parts, hit the +/- button.

From there, you can disable the Auto-Assist (keeps you from flying off the track, and marks your cup victories with a yellow dot iirc) by hitting L - it's on by default

one and done

Gotcha, is it more beneficial to have it on do you think?

Mandelbo

If you have it on you can't do the pink drift boost, which might put you at a disadvantage, and it might make reaching certain shortcuts harder than it needs to be. I'd turn it off unless you're having lots of trouble keeping on the track.

Damn, this showed up at my front door, even though it barely started showing as "shipped" when tracking on amazon. They came through and delivered on time, but good god they played a dangerous game with my heart via order tracking.

HOW TO DISABLE AUTO-ASSIST

howtodisablevtlm9.jpg

Y'all should put something like this in the OP

If you're good at the game enough to stay on track, then no. You'll find yourself braking well before the 'danger zone' so sometimes it can inhibit intentionally wide or tight drifts.

Auto-accelerate on the other hand...

Epcott

I keep getting communication errors when I try to race online. I only made it as far as the stage select lobby once out of 10 tries.

Top Bottom