• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

HOW TO DISABLE AUTO-ASSIST

howtodisablevtlm9.jpg

Y'all should put something like this in the OP

If you're good at the game enough to stay on track, then no. You'll find yourself braking well before the 'danger zone' so sometimes it can inhibit intentionally wide or tight drifts.

Auto-accelerate on the other hand...

quote for next page

VanWinkle

Is it bad if I don't like 200cc? I played my first cup at that speed a little bit ago and it was too much for me. I got in 2nd place but I didn't actually race very well. I went off the track several times and hit the walls quite a bit too. 150cc feels like there's some challenge there but it's not too much.

I think I'm just not interested in braking in MK.

ngower

As in it homed in on you and blew up, or hit you as it was passing? Blue shells hit anything that's in their way as they make their way to the front, even if you're not actually in first. If you can get out of the way it'll ignore you, though.

It honed in on me. My suspicion is that I was the 1st-ranked player who hadn't crossed the finish line.

Jerm411

First day in and I'm already obsessed lol....man CPU is handing me my ass, I haven't played MK in forever and I'm rusty as hell. Loving that instead of blowing out every cup right off the bat I'm still trying to find my feet and figuring out what character to use along with what kart, parts, etc.

Dabbled in online...Renegade Roundup is AWESOME, I love it.

Is there any way to go online and pick a particular mode to play ala carte or does it just cycle through all of them?

arimanius

If you're good at the game enough to stay on track, then no. You'll find yourself braking well before the 'danger zone' so sometimes it can inhibit intentionally wide or tight drifts.

That helps. I accidentally had Y pressed and it was really messed up. Lol

Draper

If you have it on you can't do the pink drift boost, which might put you at a disadvantage, and it might make reaching certain shortcuts harder than it needs to be. I'd turn it off unless you're having lots of trouble keeping on the track.

Good deal, off it goes.

howtodisablevtlm9.jpg

Ha, so is everyone abusing this now?

Tubie

This game looks fucking incredible in docked mode after finally being able to play it here at home.

The tracks and everything is so crisp and beautiful, and the music is amazing too.

I'm getting so many flashbacks to me playing MK64 as a kid with my friends/family :)

Good deal, off it goes.

Ha, so is everyone abusing this now?

I can hardly consider it abuse when it doesn't impart an advantage whatsoever. It's just a comfort thing and boy is it the best

and my A button will survive unlike my DS and 3DS A buttons (which became poor due to MK)

Syinn

Neo Member
Dabbled in online...Renegade Roundup is AWESOME, I love it.

Is there any way to go online and pick a particular mode to play ala carte or does it just cycle through all of them?

You could go into the tournament option and search for a renegade round up group. There is a few.

Hopefully a gaf group will be made soon.

RoKKeR

Quick question, so you can 100% play two players with each having one joy con grip, right? My little sister is trying to set it up at home and apparently isn't having success.

do you prefer acceleration or speed?
I prefer a balance (3.5-3.8): mid character, normal kart, wheels....well that's something I change.
I hate slow acceleration (because you'll get hit very often) and less speed ...I need both^^

C-iVmgaUAAEw0NO

Let's see at which rank I'm when I wake up

You guys have too much time, lol. I was in Top10 with my 230 points (minutes ago)^^

Top Bottom