• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Just picked up the game today. Apologies if this question has been asked and answered, but is there a way for two NNIDs to play this game at once? I'd like my girlfriend to be able to play under her file without having to quit back to the Wii U menu and switch to her NNID and restart the game.

Just picked up the game today. Apologies if this question has been asked and answered, but is there a way for two NNIDs to play this game at once? I'd like my girlfriend to be able to play under her file without having to quit back to the Wii U menu and switch to her NNID and restart the game.

IIRC, when you choose the User Mii at the beginning of Online mode, it saves all data specifically for that NNID Mii but I might be wrong

Just finally got the game and holy fuck it's good. For the first time the opening circuit is awesome and not throwaway tracks like every other MK. This is the Nintendo quality that I've been waiting for on the Wii U. Goddamn every level is so juicy.

Mr.Fusion

Why is it that ever since I beat the final Grand Prix, the credits now come up every time after completing any Grand Prix, and they cannot be skipped.

Vylash

Snuck into 5th place at the last second, based on my recent luck I'm counting this as a victory

0nSwPTp.gif

jts

...hate me...
After being utterly destroyed by GAF, just went and got my 1st 3 stars on 150cc (Star Cup)... like a fucking walk in the park.

Thanks everyone.

javac

I had some good fun online with you all today! I was Qaiz in case anyone saw me in a lobby! I was racing as Toadette!

bart64

Banned
Is Kart GAF gonna give me tips on how to 1st place any cup at 150cc?

Hey, someone post a video of someone getting 1st place in any cup at 150cc.
Since the video is hard to follow try watching the online ghosts in time trials for some true inspiration/feeling of inadequacy. Some things I managed to pick up on: Keep shells until the next item box in case you need back protection. If you have a red shell you don't have to rush into first place. Be more aggressive than before, half the time bumping results in a boost. Don't forget to use your coins right away or before the next item box if you have ten! Most importantly, maximize you power drifts, and most most importantly, make sure your top speed is up for your character/kart.

javac

I only get lucky from time to time, but thank you! :) Racing against strong players like you and other GAFfers is a great incentive!

Nah I'm not good...at least I don't think I am! It's all toadette! Definitely coming on tomorrow again! It's 2am now so I had to bid adieu.

Top Bottom