• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

DooD1234

Woot, 8000 VR only a few more points to go. I have to say these WW folks are tame compared to you guys. I'm consistently first and that I tend to lose out due to luck. I have to say during my time racing WW, I have never gotten a lightning, bullet bill or triple shells. Also want to share a replay as well.

http://youtu.be/sqvAcdN3LvY

The end was cutting it close. Lol at the part where the red shell ignore me and went after first. I hope this place becomes alive again after the patch. Been dead in here.

Gattuso

that was a really close finish there.

I love it when bombs don't really do anything
iCegz38qxGKQJ.gif
ihJibqPN6o9yF.gif

J@hranimo

Banned
Hey MarioKartGAF! I haven't been in here in forever but I was wondering:

Did we ever get any hints or guesses at what the DLC tracks would be? Also can't wait for the update this week :)

DooD1234

that was a really close finish there.

I love it when bombs don't really do anything
iCegz38qxGKQJ.gif
ihJibqPN6o9yF.gif
That like one of those action movies where the hero barely escapes from the bomb (and doesn't look at the explosion while they are at it) lol. Real cool wish I had those moments.

Hey MarioKartGAF! I haven't been in here in forever but I was wondering:

Did we ever get any hints or guesses at what the DLC tracks would be? Also can't wait for the update this week :)

There are no DLC tracks...

you're probably thinking of the new map feature, that allows you to display the mini-map on the main screen.

Roo

For those interested, here's the maintenance schedule that will bring the Mercedes DLC and the rest of the new features.

----------------------------------------

" Nintendo has scheduled maintenance for tomorrow, August 27, which will affect the online leaderboards and rankings for Mario Kart 8. Maintenance is specifically taking place for the popular racing game’s update, along with the arrival of the free Mercedes DLC, which includes three news cars to test out on the game’s various tracks. Here are the times online play will be affected across the world on August 27:

Europe – 8.50am to 10am
UK – 7.50am to 9am
USA (EDT) – 2.50am to 4am
USA (PDT) – 11.50pm (Tues, August 26) to 1am
Japan – 3.50pm to 5pm
--------------------------------------------

DooD1234

For those interested, here's the maintenance schedule that will bring the Mercedes DLC and the rest of the new features.

" Nintendo has scheduled maintenance for tomorrow, August 27, which will affect the online leaderboards and rankings for Mario Kart 8. Maintenance is specifically taking place for the popular racing game’s update, along with the arrival of the free Mercedes DLC, which includes three news cars to test out on the game’s various tracks. Here are the times online play will be affected across the world on August 27:

Europe – 8.50am to 10am
UK – 7.50am to 9am
Japan – 3.50pm to 5pm

Cool, see you guys tomorrow. I hope Nintendo raises the VR seems so low compared to Mario Kart 7. Also, seems like I got promoted to member finally, which means I can make my own thread I think? Better be careful not to make stupid posts or threads where I can get tagged like that BY2K guy with the Membero Americo tag lol.

Roo

Cool, see you guys tomorrow. I hope Nintendo raises the VR seems so low compared to Mario Kart 7. Also, seems like I got promoted to member finally, which means I can make my own thread I think? Better be careful not to make stupid posts or threads where I can get tagged like that BY2K guy with the Membero Americo tag lol.
The VR is not really the problem but how you get it.
I can't believe I'm going to say this but I miss the MKW VR system.
The current system no longer shows who's good or bad at this game. Now it only shows who has been playing non stop instead of their actual skills. You will eventually make your way to 9999 unlike MKW where if you were a bad player or screwed up multiple times you would be punished forcing you to play better.

Oh well, I guess we're beyond the turning point :p

Hachitora

Europe – 8.50am to 10am
UK – 7.50am to 9am
Japan – 3.50pm to 5pm
Sweet. I've been waiting for the update to get back into the game. Can't wait to start racing again.

DooD1234

The VR is not really the problem but how you get it.
I can't believe I'm going to say this but I miss the MKW VR system.
The current system no longer shows who's good or bad at this game. Now it only shows who has been playing non stop instead of their actual skills. You will eventually make your way to 9999 unlike MKW where if you were a bad player or screwed up multiple times you would be punished forcing you to play better.

Oh well, I guess we're beyond the turning point :p
Didn't play MKW online in a very long time so I don't remember how the VR worked in that (and the online is dead unless I use that work around to play online) but 8 VR works pretty much like 7 where it just counts how long you play. How different is MKW? That game also seem to function exactly like the other games to me where you only really lose VR points if you perform poorly like in 8. Perhaps you just lose more than you do in 8 because the most I ever seen it drop is like 10.

Volotaire

Can't say no to more courses. But their release is quite spread out. Dunno if I'll be playing the game till then.

The DLC should reel you back in (well that's part of the intended plan with DLC).

I am still disappointed there is absolutely no mention of battle mode changes.

Dr Prob

Banned
Holy shit. Old school Excitebike? Theme could be awesome :D Pretty much good news all around, though WGM being in makes WS64 seem unlikely. Oh well, there's always next time. We'll meet again WS64, we'll meet again.

DooD1234

Can't wait for that DLC, gonna love using Link and racing in that Fzero track. I wonder in the excite bike track, will there be random excite bikes dude popping random wheelies and knocking other racers like the game lol. I wonder will cat peach be a different weight class.

Exentryk

Most likely -

Link = cruiser weight

The tanooki and cat suits = regular Mario and peach

Villager = Mario's weight

Isabelle = Yoshi weight

Dry Bowser = Heavy

I stopped at the beginning of a WW race to read that DLC news lmao.

Bowser has been my main since Double Dash days but yeah, with Link there it's time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom