• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebon14

Guy's what's your opinion on fire hopping?

Personally, I'm against it. I think it's cheating by abusing a glitch in the code. It was never intended.

I am not a smash fan. Don't even plan to get the game/s. o_O

Multifrogout.gif

Exentryk

^ Lol

Personally, I'm against it. I think it's cheating by abusing a glitch in the code. It was never intended.

We don't fire hop in the GAF rooms.

Personally, I don't mind if people use it in races, as glitch or not, it's part of the game now. Everything is fair game.

I wouldn't mind it if it was possible to use with all the karts and bikes. As is though I enjoy and prefer the inside drifting bikes and it's annoying to see other people fire hop themselves away from me. It can't be called anything other than a glitch/cheat as it's not possible to use on the inside drift bikes.

Gattuso

i might main mii in that just because haha. I tend to use Kirby a lot though in the others but I don't think I truly have a main I use since I go through and play as everyone except the slow characters.

DooD1234

My mains were Luigi, Ice Climbers and sometimes Pikachu but in this game I'm planning to main Duck Hunt, Rosalina and probably Villager.
You?
I like Mario, Link, Samus, Peach, Olimar, Marth, Zero Suit, Pikachu, Pit, and several other characters I can't be bothered to remember right now. Planning to play Rosalina, Robin, Lucina, megaman, Shulk, Greninja and maybe PACman. I like to play as a lot of smash characters. Lucky for me I won't be missing some characters. Only character I question why they are in is Dark Pit. Then again Green Mario is in so I guess it's fair game for recolor characters to come in :p

If it wasn't for fire hopping and other hop techs then I wouldn't even be planning on getting MK8 soon. The game looks like it would be boring without them. It would actually join Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart Super Circuit in being the minority of Mario Kart games with nothing to do on straightaways. MK64 and MK7 had SSMTs, MKDS and MKDD had snaking, and MKWii had wheelies if you were a bike and snaking if you were a kart.

I'm also not even sure if I'll even bother playing in GAF rooms simply because of the "NO FIREHOPPING" rule because that style of play sounds really boring to me. It also makes you guys sound like a bunch of stick-in-the-muds compared to the MK7 guys where we pretty much had no rules, and that game had some gamebreaking glitches that are far worse than firehopping. We'll see I suppose.

Gattuso

If it wasn't for fire hopping and other hop techs then I wouldn't even be planning on getting MK8 soon. The game looks like it would be boring without them. It would actually join Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart Super Circuit in being the minority of Mario Kart games with nothing to do on straightaways. MK64 and MK7 had SSMTs, MKDS and MKDD had snaking, and MKWii had wheelies if you were a bike and snaking if you were a kart.

I'm also not even sure if I'll even bother playing in GAF rooms simply because of the "NO FIREHOPPING" rule because that style of play sounds really boring to me. It also makes you guys sound like a bunch of stick-in-the-muds compared to the MK7 guys where we pretty much had no rules, and that game had some gamebreaking glitches that are far worse than firehopping. We'll see I suppose.
not sure how the game gets boring though without it. at least I don't see it that way with how crazy races are in the gaf rooms, especially big ones...
Eh, at this point I don't even care about the fire hopping rule. I just want more people to play.

I personally don't care either, although it has placed me behind people in the last moments of a few races in WW. besides, I'm way more focused on trying not to get hit with every item possible in a single go than if someone is doing that during a race.

daydream

Banned
II'm also not even sure if I'll even bother playing in GAF rooms simply because of the "NO FIREHOPPING" rule because that style of play sounds really boring to me. It also makes you guys sound like a bunch of stick-in-the-muds compared to the MK7 guys where we pretty much had no rules, and that game had some gamebreaking glitches that are far worse than firehopping. We'll see I suppose.

no u :<

not sure how the game gets boring though without it. at least I don't see it that way with how crazy races are in the gaf rooms, especially big ones...
It's mainly when you're frontrunning, trailing, or in a one of those awkward "forever alone" situations while not somehow being in 1st or last.

I guess I'll see for myself next week.

Finalow

k I should be done with Xillia 2 soon enough, are people still playing or rooms went back to being dead? :,(

still have to play the game post-update, how are the mercedes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom