• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo

Are triple shells/bananas not guaranteed protection against other shells?
Definitely not.
Justice and I were playing yesterday in Rainbow Road and both got triple green shells.
After the first gliding section I landed on top of him and well.. It was pretty for both parties lol

Albo

Definitely not.
Justice and I were playing yesterday in Rainbow Road and both got triple green shells.
After the first gliding section I landed on top of him and well.. It was pretty for both parties lol

Yeah, I figured now since they've proved not to be many times for me when I thought they were before.

Albo

Soon as I saw Merrick and Justice behind both with triple reds, I thought fuck that, stopped and let them drive past me.

Albo

Definitely not.

Actually I forgot to mention, the only time I recall them ever failing to protect me is when I'm gliding or doing a mid air trick, especially when they come above or below me. They're consistent protection on the ground IIRC.

Roo

That was weird..
When you guys used that lightning in the gliding section I didn't lose my glider.
I did the whole shrinking animation but my glider was still there.

Albo

That troll attempt looked like it backfired on you Roo :p

Batteries ran out once again mid match tonight, calling it a night, GG's everyone

SevereScrawnyFunnelweaverspider.gif

Here's small snippet of the ongoing suffering my DK had to endure last night for your enjoyment

Roo

Batteries ran out once again mid match tonight, calling it a night, GG's everyone

Here's small snippet of the ongoing suffering my DK had to endure last night for your enjoyment
lol totally
Lesson learned.

Anyway, that stupid banana costed me the race :mad:

That was my boomerang. :D
And my piranha plant.

Outside of the small stat differences between some of the gliders, are there any other differences? It might be imagined, but the air time using the cloud glider seems to be a lot longer than say the flower glider.

UrbanRats

So i registered Mk8 on the club nintendo thing, and got a code for W101 after a long ass survey, but they said they would send me an email explaining how to use it, yet i ain't seeing any emails yet.

I got the code for the game, where do i register it?

NVM, figured it out.

Greenymac

Hey good races this morning Prob. Actually about every morning. Always tight races and always fun. I go into the office about 9 so I usually try and get on between 7 and 8 AM.

Dr Prob

Banned
Yeah, good games to you and your goddamn piranha plant. It ate me in midair and I went on to die on the gears. Lost my cousin to the exact same thing. Harrowing morning, but you have to keep on.

It's a helpless feeling when you're in 3rd place, and the guy in front of you in 2nd place is holding on to 3-triple-reds. Can't do shit but stay on cruise control and smell his exhaust fumes until the asshole decides to launch them at the lead guy.

Piccoro

I am playing this later tonight.
I've been practicing a lot and now I can win more consistently when playing random online matches.
Better watch out, GAF...

So I go into Worldwide for a more relaxing experience. Play a few matches, get some of the higher places, and I start thinking "It sure is nice not getting sniped by GAF's green shells..."

Hit by a green shell. Merrick passes me.

So it's confirmed, you can't even think about GAF's item horrors without them happening.

Gattuso

So I go into Worldwide for a more relaxing experience. Play a few matches, get some of the higher places, and I start thinking "It sure is nice not getting sniped by GAF's green shells..."

Hit by a green shell. Merrick passes me.

So it's confirmed, you can't even think about GAF's item horrors without them happening.

hahaha

Gattuso

Lol. Throwing green shells forward scares the shit out of me!

Man I just got fucked so hard at the end of that 2nd lap on DK.

that boomerang did some serious damage.

all these blues and reds hitting me. good thing that lightning hit slowing down everyone so they wouldn't catch up

that boomerang did some serious damage.

all these blues and reds hitting me. good thing that lightning hit slowing down everyone so they wouldn't catch up

That blue shell was mine on Yoshi was mine lol I kept getting hit by reds that race until the end I got a crazy 8 and slid through the grass and ran into the guys in 2nd and 3rd to take 2nd that race lol I had to back out to save that replay

And yeah that boomerang was deadly

Voliko

So I ricocheted a banana off of one of those arches before the gliding section on royal raceway and directly nailed myself trying to snipe the guy in first place... Still beats getting wrecked by frantic-GAF though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom