• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
If I got too far inside I always hit trees, on a bike. I ended up finding a route through the middle that worked well for me.

And I don't think he hit the "ramp" at all on that first shortcut. Not sure if you could take it the way he did without a mushroom.

Dr Prob

Banned
I've been taking that route for a while but I don't hit it as consistently now that I'm using bike. It's actually safer on bike to slide down in between the trees so you don't accidentally drift into that wall.

Are you saying that you invented that strat, Greg?
;D

People had been doing it like this. Seems much more elegant hitting that second log. Was BLOWN AWAY. Perhaps I've been watching too many of these runs.

The part that surprised me is that it looked like he cut that first shortcut down by just catching the topmost edge of that mini-ramp.

If you mean the jump over the chasm, that's the first shroomspot. If you didn't, tell me what you mean! I've got to get better at this track.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if Nintendo is just picking videos at random for their MK8 contests. I watched the bomb-omb ones and only a few of those were any good. A lot of them were just straight highlight reels of bomb-omb only races, a couple didn't even have anything interesting happen. "Oh, this person dropped a bomb and I hit it."

My video was way better than most of those. :(

Is the Gaf-tournament still alive? Everytime I join it's empty.

Not really. Sometimes it's active later in the afternoon (NA time) and on weekends, but that's about it.

Tripon

BsnTgZlIgAAOCoC.jpg

I wonder if Nintendo is just picking videos at random for their MK8 contests. I watched the bomb-omb ones and only a few of those were any good. A lot of them were just straight highlight reels of bomb-omb only races, a couple didn't even have anything interesting happen. "Oh, this person dropped a bomb and I hit it."

My video was way better than most of those. :(

Not really. Sometimes it's active later in the afternoon (NA time) and on weekends, but that's about it.

wow that was quick. this game came out two months ago. What happened?

Roo

Room is hard as fuck
Or I just suck today lol

Edit: lol
Prob I didn't notice you joined my lobby until that blue shet hit you.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
wow that was quick. this game came out two months ago. What happened?

Combination of E3 distracting people immediately after release, and a number of issues/bugs. Some of which have been fixed (or kinda fixed) and some are still prominent. Then of course as it dwindled and became more dead it became a cycle of people giving up on it. And other people gave up because a lot of the GAF regulars are pretty good and hard to compete against when you're just starting.

I kind of hope they eventually patch up all the issues and release a hefty DLC expansion with new characters and tracks. That would probably reinvigorate the community and without the bugs and big distractions maybe it would live longer.

That's a shame. Best Mario Kart since Super Mario Kart imo. Multiplayer is a blast. At least there are many people playing online so you'll always find full rooms

If I got too far inside I always hit trees, on a bike. I ended up finding a route through the middle that worked well for me.

And I don't think he hit the "ramp" at all on that first shortcut. Not sure if you could take it the way he did without a mushroom.
I didn't notice that at first, I thought he tricked off the ramp. I wouldn't have thought to use a shroom there but then again I'm not the world record holder :D
Are you saying that you invented that strat, Greg?
;D

People had been doing it like this. Seems much more elegant hitting that second log. Was BLOWN AWAY. Perhaps I've been watching too many of these runs.

If you mean the jump over the chasm, that's the first shroomspot. If you didn't, tell me what you mean! I've got to get better at this track.
LOL, of course I didn't invent it, I just trick like a fool off every little bump in every track and once I noticed I could squeeze through that way. I'm hoping that there's still a lot of shortcuts to be found, it feels like we were still finding new ones in MK7 up until MK8 released.

Finalow

jesus fucking christ stop picking the Mansion, it's alredy the 3rd time that I get destroyed by items in the last lap.

that fucking green shell Roo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom