• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo

JC couldn't handle that everyone (me) were beating the shit out of him. Then he was like.. Oh Roo is killing the community don't play against him, no one wants to play when he's online boo hoo.

ChrisD

Finally picked the Mrryo Krat back up, and it's still so good. The GAF tournament is pretty much dead though. D: So I've been playing Worldwide Randoms. Still keeping Top 3 in those lobbies, so I haven't lost it all hahah.

There was one particular guy in this last lobby that had me laughing. He kept getting 1st at the last second, no matter what I tried to do to ward him off! He kept on spamming "Good Game!" after every round. Well, a new race starts, and he's way ahead of the pack. I get closer, closer, about to take 1st from him aaand he fire hops to seal it.

At this point I'm like, "Oh it's that way? Bring it man."

I fire hopped him in circles and utterly smoked 'em. He was like a third of the track behind. He rage quit immediately afterwards and we went back to being a hopless lobby.

any tips on how to get 3 star in special cup mirror mode? best character or kart combination? i'm about to break my controller because of this game.

any tips on how to get 3 star in special cup mirror mode? best character or kart combination? i'm about to break my controller because of this game.

AGREED! I nearly ended it all because of fucking 150cc & Mirror Mode.

It all pretty much comes down to persistence, luck and not getting angry. Assume the computer is going to fuck you dry and if you're lucky, one time they might lube you up before-hand!

I ended up with a heavy with high acceleration & handling/grip to get past these cups.

Roo

Grand Prix is basically a luck game so you need to use a combo with the highest accel possible.

DK+Biddybuggy+Button Wheels+Cloud Glider.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Just got this game the other day. So good. MKTV is pretty cool. I'm uploading my first clip now because it has the best thing I've ever seen.

I play as Luigi. We were on Rainbow Road and I was following Bowser, who had cut me off and taken first place, and had a red shell. I throw the shell at his ass and whack into him and pass him just as a blue shell, which had apparently been following him, starts circling around him. I didn't even notice the blue shell until the replay. Shame you can't control the camera. I'd love to get a much better shot of that. Like the whole thing from a distance. Also, at the same time someone used a Blooper and inked everyone. So Bowser was pretty much getting his ass beat.

He came in third still.

And I got passed by Mario, for the second track in a row, and got second place, at the last second. Stupid Mario always stealing the spotlight from Luigi. Edit: Here it is.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I don't know if it's the rust, but I recently sucked when playing. I'm still hitting all the tight corners as before, but I always get last or near last.

It's not like I am racing premier people either since it's just a collection of viewers on a Niconico stream. It's starting to make me think my Baby Rosalina is unable to crawl anymore. Everyone was playing Miis/Mortons.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag

I know that feeling. I think I got the 3-stars with gold kart, gold wheel Rosalina in that Grand Prix. The gold set seems to give me some good luck.

Also, remember that the earlier you can hit gas at the start of the race at the count of 2, the faster/further you boost. That sort of helped me try to get out of the pack early on if I can. Let the CPUs kill each others behind you.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I tried to play yesterday in the SDCC room, only got a few races in (they were hilariously easy...) and the breaker tripped.

I need to figure out if it's a loose connection somewhere or if the breaker is going bad or what.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
No confidence I won't lose power while trying to play, but I'll give it a shot I guess.

Oh, you edited the code in up there, nevermind.

This is clearly not a good morning for races. Terrible run on Thwomp and then Dolphin Shoals gets picked, I'm just glad I kept up on that one.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even.

MK cutting me zero slack this morning.

I like how my best finish is on a track I gave up on halfway through and only put in effort at the very end because I somehow caught back up.

Okay, I'm done. Most of those races were just ridiculous with some terrible luck.
That's the most frustrating part of the game. You can race flawlessly, but the end result comes down to items. Still, that's what makes Mario Kart, Mario Kart. I just play online until i have enough bad games in a row and then I take a break. I have yet to join gaf on anything, but I'd like to at some point.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
That's the most frustrating part of the game. You can race flawlessly, but the end result comes down to items. Still, that's what makes Mario Kart, Mario Kart. I just play online until i have enough bad games in a row and then I take a break. I have yet to join gaf on anything, but I'd like to at some point.
Mario kart is poker red shell trio on last lap is an ace on the river.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom