• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario kart is poker red shell trio on last lap is an ace on the river.
Haha that's for sure. I think what really differentiates players, or the only real way to compete in the game (outside of avoiding poor driving and bad luck) is making good use of short cuts with the items you do get. I've pretty much decided that the gold mushroom is the best item in the game.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
That's the most frustrating part of the game. You can race flawlessly, but the end result comes down to items. Still, that's what makes Mario Kart, Mario Kart. I just play online until i have enough bad games in a row and then I take a break. I have yet to join gaf on anything, but I'd like to at some point.

Yeah, apart from a couple races my driving was good. Despite getting slammed with items I was still making my way back up, only to get destroyed again by consecutive items and get dropped right back to the back of the pack. I'm pretty sure on at least a few occasions I went from 2nd to last and got hit by every single person in the race aside from whoever was in first at the time.

Also didn't help that the game itself was making it hard on me. I don't recall all the bullshit, but one example was going off the top part at the end of Bone Dry Dunes and landing right on the Dry Bones which slowed me down, but also bounced me straight into the other Dry Bones. One of the most WTF-worthy moments I've had.

Oh, and of course, blue shells deciding to pop up the moment you sniff first. Don't see one for a couple races, then you manage to hop into first for a few seconds, BAM, blue shell!

(And it's not like I ended up rage quitting anyway, the room died down to 3 people, I came in first 3 times in a row and called it a day).

Mesharey

qKGwBOO.jpg

One of the best gift ever. :D

If I buy Mario cart, will I get a free game?
Can I buy it as a digital version and get a free game?

Thanks!

openrob

Hey guys,

Quick question, can I register TWO Mario Kart games to get another free game code?
Have registered one already and got Wind Waker.

qKGwBOO.jpg

One of the best gift ever. :D

If I buy Mario cart, will I get a free game?
Can I buy it as a digital version and get a free game?

Thanks!

You are able to get a free game with a digital version of Mario Kart 8 IF a. you link your NNID to your Club Nintendo account before purchasing Mario Kart 8 and b. you do so before the 31st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom