• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s Agent Carter S2 |OT| S.H.I.E.L.D. L.A. - Tuesdays 9/8c

AMUSIX

This episode really bumped up the season nicely. I enjoyed the other two, but this is the one where things really became great.

For the people asking, in the 3 episodes so far, I'd say that this season is better than the last.

jmood88

Just watched this episode, and... it's still really good!

Loved the flashbacks, although they felt kinda... unearned? Like they were just there to exposit the characters backstory. Well, more so Peggy's than Masque's; at least Frost's had relevance to her current arc, while Carter's were just... there, I guess?

Still a good show. Really hope it gets another season.
You gotta stop using reviewer jargon if you're not sure how to use it properly.

Just_one

Amazing episode once again

have a couple of questions :

1 - the "breach" that the doctor saw , is that something related to Dr. Strange? another world or something?

2 - since the ratings are so down , is there any chance that the show is picked up by another network or even netflix? this season is just too good to end with a cancelation :(

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
2 - since the ratings are so down , is there any chance that the show is picked up by another network or even netflix? this season is just too good to end with a cancelation :(

Netflix has more than enough Marvel shows in the pipeline, I doubt they'd be interested.

I figure whether Agent Carter comes back next year is going to be up to whether or not they can figure out something else to go in that slot between halves of the next Agents of SHIELD season.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
You gotta stop using reviewer jargon if you're not sure how to use it properly.

Excuse me? Did I do something wrong? That's just how I talk/write. None of that was "reviewer jargon" as far as I'm aware and I like to thing I know the meaning of everything I said/wrote.

Sure calling Frost's story so far an "arc" may be a misnomer so far but I stand by the whole unearned thing. Unearned, as in the show doesn't feel like they've made the characters interesting enough in their current iterations that seeing past versions of them and how they got there is interesting in and of itself. At least Frost's has the benefit of being relevant to her current story in being an evolution of her shitty past and the path she took while Peggy's felt and useless in the context of the show and the one reference to it during the non-flashback sequence (the whole fighter-from-the-same-cloth-thing) felt forced and irrelevant.

I'm not a particularly good writer in any language, but given that English isn't my first one, feel free to correct any particular misuse of a word!

A comment on another website summed up the flashbacks quite well: it was meant to contrast Whitney with Peggy. One was discouraged, one was encouraged. One became the villain, one became the hero. They did the same thing in S1 with Dottie.

I'm not sure if being a soldier and going to war is an "adventure", though.

AMUSIX

I think "unearned" was the 'reviewer jargon' he was commenting on (in a rather snarky way). The term gets thrown around (not always correctly) by reviewers when they feel an event or character development lacks weight. A redemption can be unearned if the groundwork isn't done to show the villain working through becoming good. A kiss is unearned if the romance wasn't properly developed.

Usually, backstory isn't something that can be unearned. Sort of the opposite. Flashbacks and such are used to do the work in order to earn something (like Frost's villainous character).

I will agree that Frost's flashbacks carried a lot more meaning than Carter's, especially within this episode. But I also get the parallel they were doing with the showing of both the hero's and the villain's past. And it's nice to get to know Peggy more.

Also, if a female hero is a heroine, I think a female villain should be a villainette.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So is the Arena club supposed to be some Hydra offshoot? The symbol on the key looks like one of the Hydra symbol evolutions from agents of shield.

So is the Arena club supposed to be some Hydra offshoot? The symbol on the key looks like one of the Hydra symbol evolutions from agents of shield.

Yeah. Which made me draw the secondary comparison from Whitney to that thing on the faraway planet in AoS. The black zero matter also reminds me of the portals. I have no idea if these connections are intentional?

Like is this all just backstory for the AoS s3 pt 2 villain?

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Yeah. Which made me draw the secondary comparison from Whitney to that thing on the faraway planet in AoS. The black zero matter also reminds me of the portals. I have no idea if these connections are intentional?

Not really. Zero Matter is actually just
the Darkforce, which was already in AoS through Blackout.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I think the Arena Club is supposed to be their take on the Secret Empire. At least, I remember them saying they're going to be represented in this season.

Zero Matter has nothing to do with the Obelisk portals. Zero Matter is really residue/matter relating to the Darkforce, which was last shown on AoS when they busted Blackout. The next time you'll see Darkforce stuff will be
in Doctor Strange

Dalek

This season is so great. I wish this was on Netflix where ratings mattered less.

Tranqed Jarvis was great.

jph139

Bah, my local affiliate is running election coverage until 11:00 PM - Carter bumped until 2:00 AM. Guess I'll have to record it and watch tomorrow...

Top Bottom