• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

If you're using steam you can also disable the movies by just adding -nostartupmovies to the launch options (stolen from reddit)

Do I have to put a comma between that and -windowed if I'm already running that? (new to Steam).

Have to start up in Windowed otherwise I get non-stop screen flickering (change it to full after boot, it's weird).

usea

The sum of a character's base stats is essentially meaningless. It provides zero information about whether the character is good or not.

Anyone play Iron Man or Thor here? Just got my brother into this and now he's thinking about buy a hero. Any thoughts about them? He wants a character than is ranged damage that isn't a glass cannon

playing iron man atm. range tank. it's pretty great. Shame all the signature ironman skills are high level.

Mupod

The sum of a character's base stats is essentially meaningless. It provides zero information about whether the character is good or not.

Yeah, since it's also dependent on the character's abilities. Rocket's stats look low but for example he can get 6 fighting/6 energy with a costume core. He doesn't even need other stats, since pretty much everything he does is energy-based and his heavy hitter (Tactical Destruction) is classified as Fighting. If BFG was classified as fighting it'd be insanely overpowered and 7/7 fighting/energy would be nuts.

Nova's stat total looks high but on closer inspection they are spread out quite a bit. If you end up focusing on physical moves then that energy stat won't help you. We'll need to see his ability set before making judgements of course, I'm just speculating.

Is there any comprehensive list of the various affixes you can get? It'd be good to know when deciding if what I get is worth keeping or not.

I looked a few days ago and couldn't find much. I'd love to know the maximum ranges for stats, especially crit% and haste%. I've got 6%, 5%, and 5% haste for grades 1-3 right now. Not 100% sure if haste is effecting BFG but since it doesn't seem to crit I didn't bother trying for that. I think I'm gonna go test that out actually.

Haste seems to work like it did in TERA (increases animation speeds) and funnily enough I spent a lot of time rerolling gear to get that affix in that game.

Are you restricted to only leveling up equipment from blue to purple with the character that equipment is for? I have a few good blues (ones boots with item find and rarity boost and + exp) but it's not for any character I have. I want to make it purple then use the receipe that changes purple to your character, but it won't let me upgrade it from blue to purple.

Uga

My first "special" drop just now, and it was *drum roll*... the same costume I (Daredevil) started the game with. Good stuff.

Where is that anyways? The mission list in game says it's in the marsh, but I have roamed all over it and checked all the instances to no avail.

Random spawn in the marsh. You have to run around looking for it. Dies in 5 seconds so you can't even group up for it. Big orange wasp type creature.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah, the complaints about hero and costume drops need to die down. I will say that they should have made it so you got to pick your starter, pick your raft drop, and your Dr. Doom drop (all from the starter set of course). That would have given everyone 3 heroes to play and experience to decide if giving $10-20 roots be worth it.

Tenks

I really liked playing through the story but since I'm on my third day of doing daily quests on my Deadpool I may done with this game.

Lord Phol

12D691B2A4CE780BDEB35ADE18C85E1887269D47

After getting my ass handed to me several times by Sinister Tier 2 I found this random drop among the mutates! Though karma kind of kicked me in the balls and shortly thereafter I accidently donated my old artifact and wasted a respec device >>.

Oh well I'm happy, that drop made me all giddy :D.

Varna

So after you finish the final campaign mission what is the best way to advance?

Right now I'm working my way through the dailies. Level 25 Spider-man and I can do up to Taskmaster solo.

Everything is just soo slow going. Barely moving experience up at all, not finding any worthwhile upgrades at all (still using some sub level 15 purples because they actually help my build), I've been donating every single piece of equipment to the crafters but it's only at level 7... :/

EDIT: So depressing seeing how incredibly unbalanced the game is. Looking at some spider-man builds... yeah, basically all his meele skills are worthless at the moment for end-game. Could these guys not even put a little thought into how crappy meele was going to be the the end game will all the knock backs, stuns and other short range attacks enemies would have?

playing iron man atm. range tank. it's pretty great. Shame all the signature ironman skills are high level.

I dont get Iron Man he has like 3, maybe, 4 melee attacks. In my mind a ranged character shouldnt have an entire tree devoted to shields. You know, because hes ranged he shouldnt be getting up into people's faces

pahamrick

Sadly, some folks just have more luck than others with drop rates. I run pretty exclusively with two friend's of mine, and 1 friend has had Deadpool, Colossus and Scarlet Witch drop for him and he hasn't even finished the campaign yet.

Meanwhile, the other friend and I have had no costume / hero drop.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Well I finally got my first costume today. Been farming the daily stuff for days on my Wolverine who has around 30% special item find and found absolutely nothing. So I got bored and logged on my lvl 15 Thing who has about 6% special find and found a fortune card within 10mins of playing then 20mins later Planet Hulk costume. Yep that felt weird. It seems like everyone is getting the drops from low lvl story mode stuff.( Of course this could just be because the majority of players have not started the endgame yet.) But has anyone actually got a character/costume from the daily bosses yet?

I dont get Iron Man he has like 3, maybe, 4 melee attacks. In my mind a ranged character shouldnt have an entire tree devoted to shields. You know, because hes ranged he shouldnt be getting up into people's faces

I guess that's what makes him an odd beast. Reading forums it seems like his ideal build later on is just dump all points into micromissiles and run around in circles while Macross missiling the fuck out everyone :D

I guess that's what makes him an odd beast. Reading forums it seems like his ideal build later on is just dump all points into micromissiles and run around in circles while Macross missiling the fuck out everyone :D

Yeah I could see how that would be fun. You could also Hyper Velocity Charge and Shield shutdown togather, maybe use your freon ray before hand.

M3z_

Well I've made it all the way to the last mission of the game with Storm without investing any money and my experience has felt completely legitimate. That's pretty cool. I don't know what I am missing in term of the costume upgrades though, they could be awesome and I would have no idea.

Ailike

I'm wanting to like my experience, but after finishing the story, I don't know what exactly I'm doing.

I go into the green terminals, which apparently are...daily? But I can go in them multiple times? And they should take a key, but they take no key? And I understand the reds are just harder greens? And each base has their own? This game doesn't do a good job of explaining what exactly I should be doing (or explaining anything really - I still have no clue what Scarlet Witches personal meter does or how it works. Only 27 though).

And the purple terminals. Group challenges. I get that. But I jump in and there's no one else there, so no autogroup, which seems like a place it might benefit. And I don't see anyone else shouting lfg like a doofus in the chat, so what am I missing? Is it terrible game design that I shouldn't reward with money, or is the game design just light years ahead of my puny mind?

inky

Green terminals don't require a key, red ones do. I suggest waiting until you are level 30+ to attempt the first reds. They are called dailies because rewards are better the first time, and you only get a shard per boss for the day (for each character) but you can do them as much as you please.

It sucks that there is no autogroup for group challenges, but survival challenges you unlock should at least put you with other people automatically and those give good EXP.If you press ESC, and then HELP you will see an in-game guide to endgame, although it is not much more informative.

You can also press F11 to swich between fullscreen to windowed mode.

J-Tier

I'm downloading this game to try it out now. I'm planning on picking up Storm at the start, and I have a code for Iron Man from the Alienware thing.

smr00

Banned
Anyone interested in doing the first group purple terminal in avengers tower?

I need to unlock limbo ASAP but nobody in-game ever wants to group.. Like EVER. in-game name is hydraham if you wanna get a group going tonight, i am also on the steam group (name Brandon)

Veggy

I need to unlock limbo ASAP but nobody in-game ever wants to group.. Like EVER. in-game name is hydraham if you wanna get a group going tonight, i am also on the steam group (name Brandon)

Tried to add you but couldn't find you

In-game name is VeggyUK

usea

So if I finish the story, does that mean I can't play it again on another character? Say, when my girlfriend starts playing at level 1?

Xevren

Have a 28 Scarlet Witch that would like to help. In game name is Xevren. Gonna eat some dinner then will probably play for awhile tonight.

Mupod

So if I finish the story, does that mean I can't play it again on another character? Say, when my girlfriend starts playing at level 1?

You can talk to Manifold to reset your story progress to any chapter, and when you start a new character you're given the option to reset the storyline.

When you reset chapters, you also reset the quests, right? Could I reset to the prologue and do the quests there to get the hero drop reward again? Or was that a one time deal?

Also, if I reset to an earlier chapter, can I reset to a later one if I wanted to?

Dahbomb

Made it to LVL7 and just about to wrap up Chapter 3.

I would say there is a lot of Marvel fan service for those who are fans of Marvel. But there are a few things that have been annoying me, maybe there are work around that I just don't know.

*I can't seem to stack the craft materials. They are taking up a lot of inventory space. I know I can combine them but that brings me to point #2...

*Is there a way to teleport back to Stark Tower? Like I just want to combine all my crafts. It seems you have to find way points to teleport back but is there a way to manually teleport back to home like in Diablo?

*Is there a way to re-spec your skill build? I put a skill in a move that I have now figured out is pretty much useless.

*Skill trees don't seem that indepth. There are the obvious one point wonder points, some useless skills and some moves that you obviously have to max.

*Why did the first mission reward me with a token of a character that is already free (I got Daredevil)? What a useless reward.

*Is there a way to not have like 60 people in one area swarming on an event boss? Because my laptop can't handle that many characters on screen and my framerate takes a nosedive in those instances. I can't play this solo? Also how do I check their gear?

*How do I toggle on item displays on the ground? After a while the items name disappears from the screen... I want to keep the display up. In Diablo 3 you just toggled it by pressing Alt.

I picked Hawkeye as my standard character. Seems fairly basic for a ranged class, lots of good passives at least.

It definitely has some Diablo roots but not nearly the same polish, depth or . Right now is below Diablo 3 but it's still fun and I love me some Marvel fan service. I will play the game until I cap out a character or if I magically find a character I like then cap him. I really, really wanted Iron Man/Wolverine but those characters are expensive as hell.

I'm downloading this game to try it out now. I'm planning on picking up Storm at the start, and I have a code for Iron Man from the Alienware thing.

Storm is pretty boring, basically want the auto attack and chain lightning
there is no delay between attacks, so can spam both every 1-2secs

Against bosses can see there bar drop twice as fast.

I would say there is a lot of Marvel fan service for those who are fans of Marvel. But there are a few things that have been annoying me, maybe there are work around that I just don't know.

*I can't seem to stack the craft materials. They are taking up a lot of inventory space. I know I can combine them but that brings me to point #2...

*Is there a way to teleport back to Stark Tower? Like I just want to combine all my crafts. It seems you have to find way points to teleport back but is there a way to manually teleport back to home like in Diablo?

*Is there a way to re-spec your skill build? I put a skill in a move that I have now figured out is pretty much useless.

*Skill trees don't seem that indepth. There are the obvious one point wonder points, some useless skills and some moves that you obviously have to max.

*Why did the first mission reward me with a token of a character that is already free (I got Daredevil)? What a useless reward.

*Is there a way to not have like 60 people in one area swarming on an event boss? Because my laptop can't handle that many characters on screen and my framerate takes a nosedive in those instances. I can't play this solo? Also how do I check their gear?

*How do I toggle on item displays on the ground? After a while the items name disappears from the screen... I want to keep the display up. In Diablo 3 you just toggled it by pressing Alt.

I picked Hawkeye as my standard character. Seems fairly basic for a ranged class, lots of good passives at least.

It definitely has some Diablo roots but not nearly the same polish, depth or . Right now is below Diablo 3 but it's still fun and I love me some Marvel fan service. I will play the game until I cap out a character or if I magically find a character I like then cap him. I really, really wanted Iron Man/Wolverine but those characters are expensive as hell.

They arent stackable, they really want people to buy more storage.
you can bodyslide, but clicking the icon top right of map to teleport to the tier tower/homebase your up to.
specs are not balanced, check build sites, half make no sense.
You get 2 free tokens during the game, both are free heroes.
There is a global announcement for that area, so thats why you see 10-20 people attack the boss.

Xevren

1. Can't stack, yes it's stupid.

2. Push b or to the right of the mini map hit bodysliding. Can hit b once you're done or bodysliding button to go back.

3. Retcon devices allow you to respec, you get 1 as a quest reward. (had 2 drop for me as well.)

4. Yeah....some characters have some neat tree's though.

5. First time through you get another freebie character at the end of the prologue and again once you beat the story.

6. No, can just avoid event bosses though. May want to avoid limbo in post game if that's an issue.

7. Alt

hamchan

Press the B button or the home icon in the top right corner. Can tp back from Avengers Tower in the same way.

Respec potions. You either have to buy them with real money or they can drop. They give you a free one in a later quest i think.

This is true. They are very simple compared to every other game in the genre. Probably because this has way more characters with unique trees rather than a few classes

Because you can only pick one free character at the start. You don't get all 5. So now they're just giving you another one

In the open world you have to deal with the people. Turn down settings to as far minimum as you can go i guess. Can turn off autogrouping in instances from gameplay options. Can't check gear i think

Dunno about toggling but holding Alt will show them all like Diablo.

Anyways yeah, game is good. Played 30 hours and still haven't put any money into it. What they really need to do is add more endgame options because it takes like 10 hours to beat the game and then you're just left restarting with another character or doing boss instances over and over and over.

Manbig

So I've been having fun with the game, but none of my buddies are able to play with me for one reason or another. Anyone here wanna team up? I've got Ms. Marvel at lvl 17, Punisher at lvl 15, Daredevil at lvl 4, and Thing at lvl 1.

Top Bottom