• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

inky

Well, hello there:

xRAFimB.png

usea

What's power duration? Does it refer to the power that happens when your bar fills up from killing enemies? Because I think scarlet witch's is bugged or something. I've never seen it do anything.

If I reset my story progress, can I un-reset it? I'm on chapter 6. If I reset and play chapter 1 for a while, can I go back to 6 later? Or will I have to clear 1-5 again?

Veggy

So I've been having fun with the game, but none of my buddies are able to play with me for one reason or another. Anyone here wanna team up? I've got Ms. Marvel at lvl 17, Punisher at lvl 15, Daredevil at lvl 4, and Thing at lvl 1.

I'm down for teaming up tomorrow (lvl 15 Wolv, 10 Hulk, 5 Jean)

A great thing that I've been told about for the Doom Medal is that it also increases the time of potions that you use too. So Doom Medal + Rarity / EXP Pots = ^__^.

Tendo

My Ms. Marvel is up to 21 now and on Chapter 6. Loving this game. Such a blast to roll around with some friends and melt faces.

SynthetiCTS

Neo Member
Been enjoying the hell out of this. The roomate and I have put over a hundred hours into 3 different characters. If anyone would like to group add Synthetic.
Also got a lvl 25 doom mask artifact this evening. +48 damage, 7% chance to fear, adds a skill that allows you to summon two doom bots, and the black mist costume effect. It is awfully sick.

Jean : 26, Colossus : 24, Wolv : 15

Veggy

Also got a 31 Storm if people wanna farm tomorrow

As soon as I hit 15 with Wolverine I started to get hit.......pretty hard, lol. Was probably a little underlevelled for the area

Colossus looks like a great tank, and his lariat does crazy aoe damage

inky

I've been using this and it even fears bosses at least once per fight.

That's the first I've seen with power duration that high. It usually is something between 18-20% for me, and I've killed Doom half a dozen times.

What's power duration? Does it refer to the power that happens when your bar fills up from killing enemies? Because I think scarlet witch's is bugged or something. I've never seen it do anything.

Power duration refers to powers/abilities that happen over time. It also improves the duration of XP/Rarity boosts.

I don't remember what Wanda's bar does, but no, that is called a secondary resource and it works different in every hero. It should be tied to specific abilities, so if you read the abilities description, some will tell you what it does or what happens when it is full. I'm assuming it is some kind of buff. Captain America has a secondary resource called Shield Points for example, and it ties directly to abilities or passive that use his shield.

Anyone gonna be doing the purple challenge 1? I can never find anyone to group with, ingame name is makeamidget

A few questions:

Anyone else feel defense is completely worthless as a stat? 1 point = 0.2 reduction...

I have only found two different types of armor that have special item find and rarity boost. For Storm they are boots and head. Anyone find more than 2? Not including costume core, of course.

Is there no way to see what your damage is?

Do cube shard turn ins cap out at anything? So far I've had 3, 5 and now 10.

Also, I have a few ways to lame out a few of the endgame bosses with solo Storm. I will list those now

These all have to do with Storm with ball lightning, so not sure who else would be able to do all of them. Also, if you know any better way, please let me know.

I'm going to list them by the order they are, some are just obvious stuff; they are included just in case anyone is having trouble with them. :p Not sure if any of these are spoilers, but just in case, I will refer to them as Green 1, Green 2, etc.

In general I never get touched by any of the bosses following these strategies(someone earlier in the thread helped out with Green 7. Also, if you get the Heals when injured modifier... That sucks.

Green 1 - Just run circles around him, when he attacks and you are behind him, spam anything.

Green 2 - Same as green 1

Green 3 - Run circles, when he pauses and raises his sword, get behind him and shoot ball lighting at the wall where he is facing, run circles until he does it again.

Green 4 - Just run around until he teleports, shoot ball lighting at the wall the furthest away from you, he'll run into them.

Green 5 - As soon as you zone in, he will make a big bubble, stand right on the edge of it and empty your spirit bar into ball lightnings. Zone out, get spirit back, zone in again, do the same thing. I have yet to see him do anything other than the ball(which does nothing unless you enter it) whenever I have zoned in.

Green 6 - Run circles shoot ball lightning when he does his dash move. Every 25% run out into the hall and kill the adds.(He will follow, so watch out for his attacks, the hall just makes it easy to funnel the adds into ball lightning.) When adds die, run back into his room and repeat until dead.

Green 7 - As soon as you zone in, kill every add you see. Then go to the lower right platform. There is a pillar at the edge of the slope, hide there. You can shoot ball lightning(It will barely hit him) from around the pillar. When he teleports away just stay there until he returns. He will die eventually, and will never touch you.

Green 8 - Pull him all the way down the stairs to the area with the door. Run in a square motion, using 1 or 2 Sirroco Rushes to put some space between you, then shoot a few ball lightnings. When he gets close to you, run straight at him and rush through him and out the door. Get spirit back and reenter the door, as soon as you zone in, rush down right and repeat the square.

Green 9 - Haven't tried him yet.

Dahbomb

Thanks for the answers guys, this should make the play experience more pleasant. I tried pressing Alt but it didn't show the items, maybe I should try again.

Veggy

Anyone gonna be doing the purple challenge 1? I can never find anyone to group with, ingame name is makeamidget

A few questions:

Anyone else feel defense is completely worthless as a stat? 1 point = 0.2 reduction...

I have only found two different types of armor that have special item find and rarity boost. For Storm they are boots and head. Anyone find more than 2? Not including costume core, of course.

Is there no way to see what your damage is?

Do cube shard turn ins cap out at anything? So far I've had 3, 5 and now 10.

Defense is a horrible stat right now, hopefully they will be fixing it soon

Pretty sure I found bracers with Storm as well, I'll have to double check

Nope, there's currently no way to check your damage

10 is the cap but you can still farm more than 10 shards if you have alts I believe (you won't be able to do the quest again though)

Defense is a horrible stat right now, hopefully they will be fixing it soon

Pretty sure I found bracers with Storm as well, I'll have to double check

Nope, there's currently no way to check your damage

10 is the cap but you can still farm more than 10 shards if you have alts I believe (you won't be able to do the quest again though)

Saw some reply post from a Gaz Senior Systems Designer on Reddit saying they're going to fix defense

edit: found it, first post http://www.reddit.com/r/marvelheroe...e_defense_is_useless_does_anyone_have_advice/

Side note, found this guy on YT doing some great videos showcasing the powers of the more expensive heroes as well as all their costumes. Figured they'd help people decide whether they'd want to buy a character or not

Deadpool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKwlK60pmZQ
Spiderman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT2EVkcpJI0
Iron Man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzlfxun6Hm0
Thor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g1lBNFO8AI
Wolverine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUlv4ksz8yk

Xevren

After being bored I decided to do the group challenge solo (Madripoor). I can do it, but man some of the buffs to the bosses can be annoying. Madam Hydra that can heal herself, I just don't do enough damage to offset the healing, all that work to just give up sucks. Got some xp and some decent gear out of it though.

SUPARSTARX

After being bored I decided to do the group challenge solo (Madripoor). I can do it, but man some of the buffs to the bosses can be annoying. Madam Hydra that can heal herself, I just don't do enough damage to offset the healing, all that work to just give up sucks. Got some xp and some decent gear out of it though.

You need some knockback/interrupts to slow their casting and just stop them. Otherwise it's gonna be rough for some heroes to solo and try to out damage it.

Got my Hawkeye to level 32 tonight. Daily bosses are mostly on farm aside from Doom who in phase 2 gets kinda buggy. If I'm solo he goes pretty smooth, if I have a tank friend tanking him he gets droped real fast. If its me and other dps classes he gets all buggy and stays in fire form for most of phase 2. I guess he needs to be tanked with multiple people? Me and my Deadpool friend found kinda of a way to fix it by both just keep our 'taunt' skills on him and just burn him down with basic ranged.

I think my dmg is pretty good, earch arrow in triple arrows has a tool tip of 341dmg, my defense pen is good and my poison arrow is doing 1300ish to 1800ish over 7secs. Works real well with the taunting arrow that keeps the mods in the poison. Taunting arrow is really good, works on bosses. I've mostly ignored defense gear aside form dodge, with some talents I have my dodge up to 35%.

I have yet to get a character or costume drop, I got a few decent artifacts.

Are special items (costumes/heroes) dropped only from bosses? Or can they drop from grunts too? Anyone know?

I think bosses have highest chance of dropping specials, dr doom seems to have like 1/3 chance of dropping a artifact.
Gotten about 4 different ones from him.... sadly only gotten 1 costume effect so far on one.

Tenks

Cable and Cyclops are expensive, but I'm tempted. I played Cyclops in beta and he seemed ok. Anyone played Cable?

Cable is bugged I believe where he doesn't increase stats or something with leveling. From what I understand it makes him relatively underwhelming at higher levels.

Yup. Awesome, right? I have 4 cores that I can't imagine ever using with the current way credits are handled in this game.
I found another costume core since I last posted, lol.

I really only want to use the one I found that gives +17% special find - although I really don't know how much difference it makes.

Meanwhile, I can't find any Waypoint outside Castle Doom in the Occupied Doomstadt part of the map for some reason - is there supposed to be one there, it's in the list of Waypoints.

Cable is bugged I believe where he doesn't increase stats or something with leveling. From what I understand it makes him relatively underwhelming at higher levels.

I think the biggest Cable glitch is that DoTs don't crit, however he's still relatively strong at the moment and he'll be crazy once the glitches are ironed out.

Also, with regard to Gateway and taking you back to past chapters - if you repeat old missions that gave you permanent health/spirit boosts, power points, retcon potions etc with the same character will you still get those rewards?

kswiston

So this game is more fun than I thought it would be. I just finished up Madripoor and am currently on Ch 4 I think.

I know that costumes and characters are rare drops, but how rare are they? Can I expect any to drop (other than the 2 free characters you get in any game) during the course of a regular playthrough, or do you have to go through the game multiple times to have a decent chance of someone dropping?

Also, do characters drop off of any boss or only the raid-style common map bosses?

So this game is more fun than I thought it would be. I just finished up Madripoor and am currently on Ch 4 I think.

I know that costumes and characters are rare drops, but how rare are they? Can I expect any to drop (other than the 2 free characters you get in any game) during the course of a regular playthrough, or do you have to go through the game multiple times to have a decent chance of someone dropping?

Also, do characters drop off of any boss or only the raid-style common map bosses?

Quite rare but the luck gods have the most say. My GF has played maybe only 5 hours and gotten 2 costumes and a character to drop yet some have spend days playing a ton and gotten nothing.

kswiston

Quite rare but the luck gods have the most say. My GF has played maybe only 5 hours and gotten 2 costumes and a character to drop yet some have spend days playing a ton and gotten nothing.

Are there particular mobs that drop these things? Like, yesterday I was playing fairly late at night. The shared maps were mostly empty, and as such, I couldn't beat Lady Hydra or Gorgon. Are those the sorts of mobs I need to be fighting to get characters, or do they sometimes drop from instanced bosses that I can fight solo?

Scirrocco

Are there particular mobs that drop these things? Like, yesterday I was playing fairly late at night. The shared maps were mostly empty, and as such, I couldn't beat Lady Hydra or Gorgon. Are those the sorts of mobs I need to be fighting to get characters, or do they sometimes drop from instanced bosses that I can fight solo?

All mobd have a chance, but bosses have better and red terminal bosses have even better.

M3z_

Finished the game yesterday without spending anything, now come decision time. To I double down and put in some cash for Cyclops and his sweet 90's cartoon costume, or do I walk away with my free and satisfying 16 hour experience. Would be nice if there was better endgame content, maybe I will wait to spend money until they get some endgame content out that sounds like fun.

Lord Phol

Finished the game yesterday without spending anything, now come decision time. To I double down and put in some cash for Cyclops and his sweet 90's cartoon costume, or do I walk away with my free and satisfying 16 hour experience. Would be nice if there was better endgame content, maybe I will wait to spend money until they get some endgame content out that sounds like fun.

In your case I would wait. There is bound to be more content later on, and hopefully the prices will be a bit better.

you know, i don't think i've spent more hours on a f2p game with a shitty pricing model since maplestory.

You'd think me having spend $20 on a character, they'd throw me a few inventory slots or something.

Scirrocco

In your case I would wait. There is bound to be more content later on, and hopefully the prices will be a bit better.

or sales. There's bound to be sales down the line. There's even a specials tab in the game store (though its blank now) I don't know how good they'll be but they'll be there.

Lord Phol

or sales. There's bound to be sales down the line. There's even a specials tab in the game store (though its blank now) I don't know how good they'll be but they'll be there.

Yeah there was a sale in the beta "10% off any Iron Man costume" so that might also be worth checking out when they get it rolling.

Veggy

Got my Hawkeye to level 32 tonight. Daily bosses are mostly on farm aside from Doom who in phase 2 gets kinda buggy. If I'm solo he goes pretty smooth, if I have a tank friend tanking him he gets droped real fast. If its me and other dps classes he gets all buggy and stays in fire form for most of phase 2. I guess he needs to be tanked with multiple people? Me and my Deadpool friend found kinda of a way to fix it by both just keep our 'taunt' skills on him and just burn him down with basic ranged.

Yeah from what we've figured out Doom goes into fire form a lot unless someone is in melee range

People asking about Cable - apparently he's pretty solid (good damage, good survivability) and I think he's getting some fixes soon as well

People asking about Cyclops - apparently he's VERY buggy right now and isn't as good as he was in the beta, having said that though his ultimate can actually 1 shot most bosses in the game (even endgame) provided you have someone keeping the boss off you

you know, i don't think i've spent more hours on a f2p game with a shitty pricing model since maplestory.

You'd think me having spend $20 on a character, they'd throw me a few inventory slots or something.

Don't you get the character stash inventory space when you buy them? I know the ones we bought with the founder packs gave us their stash spaces.

Axiom

Yeah just for founders. I got character stashes for the Avengers Assembled pack, but for the Valentine's Jean Grey and Cyclops, nothing.

I'm finding the lack of AoE on Ms. Marvel to be a real issue and watching Thor do his AoE lightning makes me so jealous.

I was in there with a Thing against Magneto and...it took about 40 health packs. I was trying to plink away with my ranged (that I've barely touched) while using my block, Thing kept dying every few seconds. Unless I was missing something that fight just doesn't work for a melee character.

usea

I had to use a ton of health packs against magneto, too. Scarlet Witch isn't very good against bosses anyway, but it seemed like one of his attacks was mostly unavoidable unless I played super super cautious. Fortunately his health was low.

beat the chapter with kingpin yesterday. Was a fun boss with a party of 4. Fighting 3 bosses at once is great.

Make me appreciate how useful iron man's shoulder charge thing is for dodge and evading attacks.

Top Bottom