• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

For some reason, after venturing into a GotG thread, Im suddenly interested in Rocket Raccoon. lol

tumblr_mrff3fGVZM1rvhl57o1_400.gif
tumblr_mrff3fGVZM1rvhl57o2_400.gif

Bonethug

Unfortunately in the game, RR is pretty boring to play right now =P

At least certainly from 1 to 25

Yeah, and I hear that the DOT fix ruined any fun to be had at end game. Still going to finish leveling him to 30 like the rest of my current roster. Still need to level BP and Hawkeye.

Is Thor my best choice to purchase of the 5 remaining heroes that I do not have (Colossus, Jean, Thor, Deadpool and Iron Man)?
Nearing in on 400 splinters.

they really do needa fix the issue of many if not most characters are kinda boring until like lvl 20+.

especially when the story 'ends' at like 30ish if you take your time.

Game is already insanely easy, making the characters fun is apparently just buffing the crap out of them to further dilute the story experience. I assume challenge is going to kick in eventually in some meaningful way since they just keep buffing everyone with only minor nerfs here and there.

Game is already insanely easy, making the characters fun is apparently just buffing the crap out of them to further dilute the story experience. I assume challenge is going to kick in eventually in some meaningful way since they just keep buffing everyone with only minor nerfs here and there.

easy, but boring. its not even about the buffing. for most characters its pretty much 1 or 2 skills you unlock at 20s that makes the class fun.

having full access to all your skills at a lower level would be better, just rebalance the damage to accommodate that.

Wallach

How many affixes can you put on costumes?

You have 4 grades, and you can only choose one between Offensive or Defensive for each grade. Then you can slot a single costume core which will have either 20% SIF or 25% IR and up to 2 more affixes on it.

Ken

You have 4 grades, and you can only choose one between Offensive or Defensive for each grade. Then you can slot a single costume core which will have either 20% SIF or 25% IR and up to 2 more affixes on it.

So I can have one grade 4 off. affix and one grade 4 def. affix and a costume core? Can I ever remove affixes and cores?

inky

So I can have one grade 4 off. affix and one grade 4 def. affix and a costume core? Can I ever remove affixes and cores?

You can only have one of each grade I think. Otherwise it gets overwritten by the new one. Don't know about cleaning a costume, but you ca transfer affixes to another one.

Ken

You can only have one of each grade I think. Otherwise it gets overwritten by the new one. Don't know about cleaning a costume, but you ca transfer affixes to another one.

So I could do grade 3 def and grade 4 offensive?

Oh nevermind I found this:

There are two types of Affixes, Offensive and Defensive, and 4 grades of affixes (1-4). Each costume can have one affix of each grade, for a total of four Affixes. You can mix and match Offensive and defensive affixes, but only one of each grade. IE: Grade 1 Offensive Affix Grade 2 Defensive Affix Grade 3 Defensive Affix Grade 4 Offensive Affix

inky

So I could do grade 3 def and grade 4 offensive?

I think so, yes.

The random nature also makes it really funky to put them, and sometimes not even worth it. For example, for a Grade 1 in my Cap costume I got 9% health, and that cost 500 credits. The Grade 3 was 8%, and that cost 30,000.
My Grade 4 for my Thor costume was 50ish defense, which is absolute garbage. I rerolled it for another 75,000 credits and I got 11% health, just 2% better than what I got for 500 credits.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah, and I hear that the DOT fix ruined any fun to be had at end game. Still going to finish leveling him to 30 like the rest of my current roster. Still need to level BP and Hawkeye.

Is Thor my best choice to purchase of the 5 remaining heroes that I do not have (Colossus, Jean, Thor, Deadpool and Iron Man)?
Nearing in on 400 splinters.

Kind of did, yeah. BFG is not strong at all anymore. And the wind-up animation is dumb. AND the fact that you can't channel indefinitely. Ugh.

RR is decent fun, but I only keep pushing forth because he's my first hero. I think mine is level 42 or 43 now.

Ken

My RR is level 15 and all this doom and gloom about his fun-levels late game have put me off from continuing him. Got my Black Panther up to 44 though and he seems pretty fun except for when fighting huge mobs, Electros, and Mega-Sents (so like 2/3 the time in MM).

Thought about leveling Hawkeye next but he sounds pretty underwhelming ATM.

GManDH

Thought about leveling Hawkeye next but he sounds pretty underwhelming ATM.

SO TRUE. plus u have to know how to use him correctly. as much as it sucks using the trick arrows will hinder u more than using the basic attacks. i havent tried the new upgraded versions but its the amount of damage that sucks not the fact it bounces around more than before.

When Torch came out, I had a blast (no pun intended) playing him, although I didn't get very far because I had to do other stuff.
I played Hulk exclusively in Midtown, and been having a lot of fun there too.

Ken

Hulk, Black Widow, Human Torch, Wolverine, Cable, Ms Marvel

Would be my current recommendations.

Don't really like any of those characters. I have a 4x Hulk and a 3x Ms Marvel but I'm not having a lot of fun in MM as the latter.

Thinking about BW and Wolverine but there's so many already. :(

KePoW

Banned
Don't really like any of those characters. I have a 4x Hulk and a 3x Ms Marvel but I'm not having a lot of fun in MM as the latter.

Thinking about BW and Wolverine but there's so many already. :(

Don't like those characters in which way? Like in the Marvel comic universe, or how they play in the game?

Ms Marvel is actually one of my favorite heroes right now (for fun factor). And she's well received in her forum section after her major revamp.

I run a Crashdown Strike, Cosmic Haymaker, and Photonic Devastation build at level 40. Crashdown Strike is one of the coolest looking & feeling powers in the entire game IMO.

Ken

Don't like those characters in which way? Like in the Marvel comic universe, or how they play in the game?

Ms Marvel is actually one of my favorite heroes right now (for fun factor). And she's well received in her forum section after her major revamp.

I run a Crashdown Strike, Cosmic Haymaker, and Photonic Devastation build at level 40. Crashdown Strike is one of the coolest looking & feeling powers in the entire game IMO.

In the Marvel comic universe.

Ugh the splinter costs on the heroes. Really takes forever to grind these things out. I really wish I could give back these shitty starters I don't want for those 100 splinters each instead. Already put a ton of hours in and almost feels like starting over because of splinter introduction.

Scirrocco

You mean hero. Cyclops was right.

Definitely ::AvX spoiler::
That bastard Xavier has needed his neck snapped for years.

Ugh the splinter costs on the heroes. Really takes forever to grind these things out. I really wish I could give back these shitty starters I don't want for those 100 splinters each instead. Already put a ton of hours in and almost feels like starting over because of splinter introduction.

To be fair, the main option for getting heroes is still supposed to be 'give Gaz money'. Shards are just if you really want one or two heroes, or just a nice bonus for playing the game.

To be fair, the main option for getting heroes is still supposed to be 'give Gaz money'. Shards are just if you really want one or two heroes, or just a nice bonus for playing the game.

As it currently is, anyone who starts now and plays through the story essentially gets at least to purchase any 400 or so splinter hero for free from the drops and free splinter boxes. Much nicer system than the random starters we got stuck with and I rather not play.... ugh Hawkeye.

Scirrocco

As it currently is, anyone who starts now and plays through the story essentially gets at least to purchase any 400 or so splinter hero for free from the drops and free splinter boxes. Much nicer system than the random starters we got stuck with and I rather not play.... ugh Hawkeye.

I definitely agree. And I'd take hawkeye over daredevil anyday.

yogloo

I was thinking, it is actually cheaper for us to keep buying the random hero option if you eventually want all of the heroes. Way cheaper. I think I am going to do it that way.

KePoW

Banned
I was thinking, it is actually cheaper for us to keep buying the random hero option if you eventually want all of the heroes. Way cheaper. I think I am going to do it that way.

Huh?? Do you realize that the random hero can give you one that you already have?

So there is no guarantee you will get all the heroes quickly, it would take much longer actually.

Ken

The following updates are subject to change after testing, and may not include every update in the 1.14 patch notes.

DP

God Mode no longer requires Pain for its effect to trigger.

Added Safety Through Stabbing to Deadpool's Fighty tree; this passive grants Deadpool bonus defense and dodge chance anytime he hits with a melee power.

Flesh Wound now affects all targets in a cone in front of him.

Shoot all the Bullets no longer has power prerequisites, and its position in the power tree has changed. The synergies have been removed in favor of a flat 40% damage increase.

Bang Boom damage increased by 20%, damage radius increased by 50%.

Armor Buster damage increased by 20%.

Ease-of-use of God Mode and improving Shoot All the Bullets, two iconic Marvel Heroes Deadpool powers, were the primary targets of this update. Safety Through Stabbing will aid in a melee Deadpool player's survivability, and ranged Deadpools will find new power in their basic attacks. These changes are the first steps in improving Deadpool, and as always, we will continue to monitor your feedback and improve our heroes in future updates.

HE

Twin Arrow's attack speed has been sped up to match that of Quick Arrow, to make the power easier to use.

Triple Arrow's attack speed has been sped up to match that of Quick Arrow, to make the power easier to use.

Wave of Arrows - This power now fires 2 additional arrows at rank 1, to better differentiate it from Triple Arrow when first unlocked. It's range and attack speed have also been increased to make the power easier to use.

Piercing Arrowheads - The activation chance was retuned to have constant, flat growth, and approach 100% chance at maximum possible ranks.

Masterful Archery - The power has been changed to act as a second type of crit. The power no longer grants bonus damage to all Archery powers, but instead has an improved chance to deal a large amount of bonus damage (and damage over time) when striking an enemy with an Archery power.

Explosive Arrow's damage has been increased by 15%.

Tear Gas Arrow's damage has been increased by 15%.

Shrieking Arrow's damage has been increased by 15%.

Freezing Arrow area of effect radius has been increased.

We have some exciting future plans for the world's greatest archer. This set of changes will improve his quality of life as a ranged attacker who primarily focuses on multiple targets. As always, we will continue to monitor your feedback and improve our heroes in future updates.

Punisher

Armor Piercing Shot now always causes a reduction in enemy armor and does not consume vengeance.

Chemical Mine's tooltip now lists damage per second. Its damage has been increased, and it now deals consistent damage (instead of a minimum to maximum)

Deadly Barrage's damage has been increased roughly 30%.

Sticky Mine has been reworked to be a passive that applies the Sticky Mine effect to both Chemical and Proximity mines.

Rifle Shot and Impact Shot's damage have been increased. Both shots now increase damage based on how far away your target is.

Shotgun Blast and Flechette Blast now increase damage based on how close your target is.

Ignore Pain's damage reduction on low health effect has been improved.

Killer Instinct's bonus damage on unaware targets has been increased.

Flamethrower Blast has been reworked to deal damage while holding the hotkey down as well as apply a burning DoT effect. The damage of Flamethrower Blast has been significantly increased, and the spirit cost has been reduced.

Frank's Damage over Time potential was the primary target for this particular update. Punisher still needs work in other areas of his powers, and that work has already begun. As always, we will continue to monitor your feedback and improve our heroes in future updates.

IM

hahahhaha

Im not sure Punishers 30% increase in DB will be enough for people to respect him. I guess I just want old Punisher back :(
I just found out today that the (former?) chase costumes are available for 600 splinters. I was going to buy Thor for 400, now Im thinking about saving up the 600, so I can get Widows white outfit.

Moondrop

Banned
The Marvel Girl costume has brought me back. The craziness of Midtown Manhattan has kept me playing.

I'd like to try out all the interesting new powers on the costume cores, but I don't have the credits. One in particular- 5% of damage leached back as health- sounds amazing but I'm skeptical it will function as expected with Jean's AoE powers.

KePoW

Banned
Im not sure Punishers 30% increase in DB will be enough for people to respect him. I guess I just want old Punisher back :(

The old DB was bugged with a global bug that affected multiple heroes. The fix was for everyone.

Besides I don't want DB to be so good that every Punisher only uses it... that would be boring and bad game design.

inky

Hey, Doop is back. I forgot about him.

Got my first piece of cosmic gear, and while it is level 40ish it is really unimpressive compared to a level 29 I was already wearing. =/

Ken

Mind posting them? Blocked at work.

Test Center Patch Notes 8/14/2013

General Notes

Patch 1.14 is the last small patch before our big August patch. While this patch is relatively small, our next patch is extremely large and contains new modes, new items and many upgrades to heroes related to the new improved defense system.

Content Additions

The new and improved Doop has returned to the game from his vacation. He can be found throughout the game in random places.
Design Note: We think Doop is awesome and we have plans to make him cooler and cooler with each patch. Stay tuned.

GENERAL CHANGES
Increased the amount of time before experience orbs will decay by about 20%. This should give you more time to defeat enemies before grabbing orbs in a chaotic fight!

We believe you should never feel bad about opening a Fortune Card, so we’ve made some changes:

The “instant boosts” have been replaced with 2-hour potions.

The is a small chance they will drop a Super Pack of 10 Eternity Splinters

The tooltip now clearly states what they contain

Boss experience in Manhattan has been increased significantly and normal enemies experience decreased by 10%. Boss loot tables have also been improved. We’ll continue to adjust experience and loot so defeating Manhattan bosses feels awesome and well-worth the time.

Sabretooth's heal mechanic has been temporarily removed and will be redesigned to be more intuitive and have better interplay.

HERO CHANGES
Design Note: The defense system and improved stat system drastically upgrades many heroes. However, we managed to slip in changes to a few heroes have received some quality of life improvements for the next week or two until the new defense system rolls out.

We have a ton of upgrades built into this system (damage and survivability) which we’ll be testing and iterating internally for the next week. Around August 20th, the test server will be open so you can test the new changes for yourself.

Daredevil

Daredevil is due for a full design review soon (which will include some significant changes to his powers and combo system). With this patch, we’ve increased the overall damage output of some of his powers in order to give Daredevil players new viable options in any area of the game.

Club Strike: Attack speed has been increased by 7.5%.

Taser Club: Attack speed has been increased by 7.5%.

Club Throw: Damage has been increased by 15%.

Relentless Justice: Tenacity bonus now applies to all types of tenacity, not just knock-up, knock down, and knock back.

Swinging Assault: Damage has been increased by 10%.

Jumping Strike: Increased the damage by 10%.

Deadpool

In addition to increasing the damage of some of Deadpool’s ranged abilities, we’ve also added a new passive power to Deadpool this week that will allow him to have greater survivability in melee combat. Along with the other heroes buffed in this patch, Deadpool is due for a larger design review soon.

Flesh Wound: Now affects all targets (in a cone shape) in front of him.

Shoot All The Bullets: No longer has a power prerequisite.

Shoot all the Bullets: No longer gains bonus damage from power synergies.

Bang Boom: Damage has been increased by 20%.

Bang Boom: Damage radius has been increased by 50%

Armor Buster: Damage has been increased by 20%

Shoot all the Bullets: Damage rating multiplier has been increased to 20%

Shoot all the Bulllets: Damage has been increased by 40%

Safety Through Stabbing: New power added to Deadpool's Fighty tree. This passive grants Deadpool bonus defense and dodge chance anytime he hits with a melee power. Let us know how this feels on the Deadpool section of our official forums!

God Mode: No longer requires Pain to work. This should increase Deadpool’s survivability overall by ensuring he doesn’t have to conserve Pain for God Mode to activate.

Hawkeye

Hawkeye is another hero receiving a pass this week based on community feedback. The goal for this week’s changes to Hawkeye is to ensure he has multiple build options for areas like Midtown where mob density is incredibly high. Let us know how these changes feel on our Official Forums!

Twin Arrow: Attack speed has been sped up to match that of Quick Arrow, to make the power easier to use.

Triple Arrow: Attack speed has been sped up to match that of Quick Arrow, to make the power easier to use.

Wave of Arrows: This power now fires 2 additional arrows at rank 1 to better differentiate it from Triple Arrow. It's range and attack speed have also been increased to make the power easier to use.

Piercing Arrowheads: The scaling activation chance for the piercing effect has been flattened to give constant growth and allow Hawkeye’s attacks to approach 100% chance to pierce in endgame.

Masterful Archery: No longer grants bonus damage to all Archery powers, but instead has an improved chance to deal a large DoT and flat damage on hit.

Explosive Arrow: Damage has been increased by 15%.

Tear Gas Arrow: Damage has been increased by 15%.

Shrieking Arrow: Damage has been increased by 15%.

Freezing Arrow: Increased the area affected by the freeze explosion, making this power easier to use against enemies.

Jean Grey

This patch includes step one of Jean Grey’s changes, including removing some synergies that were thematic in nature, and giving her a critical chance passive (as well as a scaling chance to knock down). The design team has plans to give Jean Grey a new Ultimate as well as some new powers that will help players build Jean Grey in the way they want to play.

Kinetic Bolt: Synergy removed and the damage has been increased by roughly 25%.

Psychic Hammer: Power prerequisite has been removed, along with its synergy. This power now has a scaling chance to stun, and its damage was increased by roughly 14%.

Mental Focus: Defense penetration % starts slightly lower and scales linearly with ranks in order to give an increased bonus per rank. No longer grants a chance to knockback, but instead grants scaling Critical Chance.

Telekinetic Flight: Now grants mental powers a chance to knock down.

Kinetic Wave: Synergies have been removed. Spirit cost has been decreased by 2 and its damage was increased by roughly 20%.

Psychokinetic Implosion: Synergies have been removed. Animation was sped up in order to improve its usefulness. Spirit cost has been lowered by 1 and damage has been increased by roughly 15%.

Punisher

We’ve made some changes to some of Punisher’s skills to increase his build diversity and give players some fun new options. This is not the result of a full design review, but rather some tweaks based on community feedback and our initiative to make sure every hero is viable throughout Marvel Heroes.

Armor Piercing Shot: Now decreases enemy defense 100% of the time and will not spend Vengeance.

Chemical Mine: Tooltip now correctly lists damage per second. Its damage scaling has been increased, and it now deals consistent damage (instead of a variance).

Deadly Barrage: Damage has been increased by roughly 30%. This power will be receiving a new visual in a future patch based on community feedback.

Sticky Mine: Reworked to be a passive that applies the Sticky Mine effect to both Chemical and Proximity mines.

Rifle Shot and Impact Shot: Damage has been increased. Both shots now increase damage based on how far away your target is.

Shotgun Blast and Flechette Blast: Now increases damage based on how close your target is.

Ignore Pain: Damage reduction on low health has been improved to help with Frank’s survivability.

Killer Instinct: Bonus damage on targets not attacking Punisher has been increased. This power will be useful for Punisher’s who often play in groups with other players.
Flamethrower Blast: This power has been reworked to deal damage while holding the hotkey down and apply a burning DoT effect. The damage of Flamethrower Blast has been significantly increased, and the spirit cost has been reduced (by approximately 50%). This power will be improved with a longer range and new visual in the future.

BUG FIXES
Call the Lightning: Tooltip now properly displays synergy.

Thundering Strike's defense penetration tooltip has been fixed.

Fixed a bug related to gaining stat points above the maximum amount (7). Gaining stat points above 7 will no longer cause the effect of the stat to not apply.

Captain America's Shield Strike now correctly synergizes with Opening Strike.

The two graphics options previously labeled "Mesh Quality" are now correctly differentiated.

Hulk Earthquake Leap: No longer additively stacks damage on use based on ranks in other leap powers.

Fixed missing SFX for several buttons on the Store panel.

The portal in Upper East that takes you to the 'Invaded Basement' now behaves as intended.

Cyclops' Optic Barrage now properly becomes faster with attack speed items.

Cyclops' Optic Barrage will now properly track targets when the mouse button is held down over them.

Cyclops' Uncanny Focus no longer disappears upon changing zones.

Cyclops' Channeled Blast will now properly deal damage to targets that resist the slow effects (such as bosses).

Cyclops' Sidewheel's tooltip has been updated to better clarify how the bonus dodge is applied.

Wolverine’s Adamantium Skeleton's Tenacity bonus will now display on the character sheet.

Iron Man's Repulsor Barrage will now properly track moving targets when bound to a mouse button.

Cyclops' Optic Devastation's damage variance has been reduced.

Reduced Ice particles on Slow conditions in order to increase overall performance.

Chase costumes no longer erroneously say "Owned" in the in-game store if you do not actually own the costume.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wait, so Fortune Cards now state what's in them? That seems...Dumb.

E: They should have just made those 30 minute mega XP boosts into a special potion. So you can get a 2 hour potion for x% or a 30 minute potion at y%.

Ailike

Nothing irked me more than only wanting to play for 10min or so and then accidently clicking a card, and poof. 1hr rarity boost. Boo! Glad they changed that.

Top Bottom