• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Another log in a beat sabertooth, again he's not dropping medallions. How the hell are we supposed to make the bovine formula if he doesn't drop his medal. All other bosses in midtown are dropping their medals.

I've been unlucky with my medal drops, too. I do, however, have one set of Bovine medals ready for if/when I ever get the recipe!

Ken

Chase costumes being made available in the store is great, since there's a few heroes I'd only bother with if I had their Chase.

inky

That's kinda lame. Like the idea of super rare items that you just have to get super lucky to aquire.

I would be right there with you if regular costume drops for me were not as ridiculously low as they have been. I haven't got a single one in 300 hours of play and 100+ hours of beta testing before that, and to me that is a bit frustrating. Considering chase costumes have an even lower drop rate, and a few of the ones I want like Battle Armor Thor and Ronin Hawyguy are chase I'd probably given up the game before I even saw one of those.

I still have a bunch of Gs, so might as well pick a couple of them.Maybe I'll grind the weekend hard for another one.

Everyone and their Grandma is going to be running around with Jugg-Colossus now.
I think putting chase costumes in the store de-values them significantly.

whats a chase costume?

I have a chase bank account!

Iron Man rates a 9. We went over his design upgrade on Tuesday. It looks great and involves several strong upgrades to the powers that need it most.

I believe it will require 1-2 weeks to complete the work.

The review is a large change, about the same level as the wolverine change. Less shield powers, a new ultimate and a few drastically changed abilities. Not a complete overhaul but enough to put him directly with the top tier of heroes, which is the design goal.

Not too many VFX changes.

it's happening!

Wallach

whats a chase costume?

I have a chase bank account!

There's a costume for each character that isn't (or at least wasn't) available for purchase, it only drops in "endgame" content (which is basically terminal related stuff). They were the rarest drops in the game by many orders of magnitude.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I want to buy costumes, but I just don't care enough yet. If they have special costumes for sale, I may actually spend money on some. Some folks would be pissed, sure...But you can't please everyone!

Sort of related, how is Gaz doing in terms of cash flow?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Iron Man needs more variety in his powers. He pretty much has 5 of each of shoot this way, absorb insignificant amount of damage, throw random missiles in the air, and push away who's around me. Shields tree is way to big to begin with.

Beams tree is fine though IMO.

Ailike

Scarlet still really needs help. The DoT change was needed, but she's still laughable as is.

Part (or most) of Scarlet's problem is a bug that should be fixed next patch I would hope. If one aoe is stacked on another, they are nullified after the first ends. If one is smart with Combustion placement she is a bit more manageable. Not that she doesn't need a bit of work of course.

Wallach

I'm gonna buy Thor's battle armor costume, might be my favorite costume in the game (thank you based Simonson). Hulk 2099 can fuck off, my god that was a stupid run. Maybe I'll have time to grind enough ES to get another before the 10 days are up, but it'll depend on how much the ES rate is increased for the period these are available (and if the rarer 10-pack ES drops actually made this patch). I'd probably get Punisher's if I pull that off, but it isn't a big deal either way.

Ken

Chase costumes I'll probably get are Hawkeye, Cable, Cyclops, Black Panther, Spider-Man and Storm.

Big maybes are RR, Punisher, and Colossus.

Everything else is kind of unappealing (or a palette swap).

They should just lower the cooldown to like five minutes and lower the damage it does. Also, personally I'd like to see the summoned armors be ones that aren't already costumes in the game. Would be badass to see Igor, Red Snapper, Thumper, and Peacemaker to show up for example, instead of duplicates to suits we might be wearing at the time.

I wish I could turn in my shitty starters I'll never use for those 100 splinters each.

And Punisher once again feels like garbage. He seemed pretty buffed a while back, did they nerf him dow again? And gearing him seems all over the place and illogical with the stats and abilities on the drops. His damage is so so and and he dies so easy.

Can't believe they went and upped enemy density and spawns in Midtown after lowering it, shit was perfect last patch. Games back to running like crap.

Wallach

Of2xORV.jpg

We're fuckin' 80s up in this bitch.

hamchan

Yeah I'll probably buy Storm's costume. I'm pretty happy they put these costumes on the store.

Making these awesome looking costumes, that people will gladly pay a lot of money for, only a super rare drop might not have been a great idea in the first place.

The Punisher chase costume is leaps and bounds better than all the others. It's too bad he's not a better character, cause he looks amazing.

I bought that and the Colossus Juggernaut costume, as they are two of my most played. The other two characters I play a bunch are Spidey and Captain America, but I find both their options laughably bad. Captain's is empirically awful, and Spidey is wearing a paper bag over his head. Ummmmm, no.

Edit: almost forgot...Cable's costume is awesome and almost on par with Frank Castle, but I don't have him and am not interested in the character. Sexy look, though.

Finally able to get myself that awesome Phoenix Force Cyclops outfit. Got the Gs for one more but I still need to decide on another.

On a side note, do Unstable Molecules drop anymore, or are they only in the shop now?

Finally able to get myself that awesome Phoenix Force Cyclops outfit. Got the Gs for one more but I still need to decide on another.

On a side note, do Unstable Molecules drop anymore, or are they only in the shop now?

I've gotten unstables when running terminals but haven't seen one in Midtown.

I decided to do another random token after getting a scarlet witch dupe and ended up with Punisher. At least he's a character I didn't have.

KePoW

Banned
Unstable Molecules do drop.

For the chase costumes I bought Storm, Rocket Raccoon, Cable, Thing, Black Panther, Black Widow.

I'm really glad they put them on the store, I think it was crap that they were only super rare drop. They should reserve that stuff for gear... unique items, artifacts, set items in the future, etc

Kemal86

So what did the Splinter drop rate end up being? In the patch thread in GD it was thought to take 60 hours of play to end up with 600 splinters, etc.

Putting the chase costumes up for sale was a massive mistake. It took away any specialness to them at all. All I saw last night was hundreds of chase costumes running around. Seeing those costumes used to be an event and something to note in guild chat.

Now, they might as well just leave them up permanently in the store. The uniqueness of the costumes is gone.

I had a pretty open mind going into their announcement of this sale. Once I saw the immediate effect of it, all of the allure of their closely guarded awesome costumes was gone/shattered.

what is there left that's now drop only?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Putting the chase costumes up for sale was a massive mistake. It took away any specialness to them at all. All I saw last night was hundreds of chase costumes running around. Seeing those costumes used to be an event and something to note in guild chat.

Now, they might as well just leave them up permanently in the store. The uniqueness of the costumes is gone.

I had a pretty open mind going into their announcement of this sale. Once I saw the immediate effect of it, all of the allure of their closely guarded awesome costumes was gone/shattered.

what is there left that's now drop only?

Cosmic gear, cores, artifacts?

E: I don't think that putting them up for sale was a mistake. In fact, I think it was smart for them to offer it up to those who want to pay. It's probably brought in a nice chunk of change for Gaz, which I'm OK with - I enjoy this game tremendously and want to continue to support them.

Also, I can't decide if I want to buy the RR Chase. I play him all the time, but I have 1550G, so it's either that or 3 cheap characters, 2 other characters, or 1 expensive character. Hard decision.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I've yet to notice any difference at all in Splinter drop rates between a character with 58% special item find and one with 0%. Stacking SIF just feels so worthless.

Scirrocco

Cosmic gear, cores, artifacts?

E: I don't think that putting them up for sale was a mistake. In fact, I think it was smart for them to offer it up to those who want to pay. It's probably brought in a nice chunk of change for Gaz, which I'm OK with - I enjoy this game tremendously and want to continue to support them.

But I can't show off my gears, cores and artifacts. Whats left to show off? In other games, you could show off your shiny purple gear/weapons, but not MH. A large part of other ARPG's is showing off the bling. The only t hing that affects appearance are costumes and some artifacts, and the artifacts aren't really super rare. I got a chase costume for My Ms. Marvel very early, it was nice seeing people react, getting whispers congratulating me on the drop.

Its not a big issue for me, since I don't really need my e-peen stroked, and personally i've never been a huge fan of the Dexter soy variant, but always felt obligated to wear it because 'its a chase', so now i can switch back to the one i like. But i understand why people might get upset, and honestly think their should be purely cosmetic item that are extremely rare. If they want to make it easier to get them, make them drop more, especially from high level, hard stuff like the Purple 3's so it actually takes work. Or even just let us trade costumes. There probably someone out there who got the chase, but doesn't have or want ms marvel. Why can't he let me have his?

I don't mind Gaz making money, but thats not why i play this game. I play to have fun. and if their making money gets in the way of my fun, i have no problem going elsewhere. And if their doing this because they need cash for some reason, that doesn't say much for the game.

hamchan

Agreed that they have to find something to replace chase costumes as something unique to grind for. What that could be I have no idea.

There really is nothing they can replace them with unless they do something stupid like add hand held weapons. Uber rare costumes were probably the best idea they had for it and well that's out the window.

Unique high power loots is nothing special, the gear is becoming silly and overpowering characters that already are overpowered, meh. As said the whole unique visual aspect thing was the big draw of the stuff in other ARPGs. Now anyone can just use a credit card to instantly get em.

Top Bottom