• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

The 20th person is going to be like 2000 HP, haha. Although if we actually get all 20 people, we'll probably be grabbing 500HP top prizes pretty often.

Looks like the current top alliances are all about 5-10 members.

The 20th person is going to be like 2000 HP, haha. Although if we actually get all 20 people, we'll probably be grabbing 500HP top prizes pretty often.

Looks like the current top alliances are all about 5-10 members.
Yeah, I highly doubt that. There's some rough competition out there. 3 of the guys who consistently place top 10 in the buy-in elite tournies are in the same alliance. I'm pretty sure they'll continue that kind of placement as a team.

Man, with Askani, ihearthawthats, Gotchaye, myself and whoever else in the last several posts, we're gonna have like 13 people at least. We can really kick this thing's ass!

EDIT:

Yeah, I highly doubt that. There's some rough competition out there. 3 of the guys who consistently place top 10 in the buy-in elite tournies are in the same alliance. I'm pretty sure they'll continue that kind of placement as a team.

Oh wow. Well, we'll go down swinging! And hey, if we get one of the 100 HP prizes fairly regularly, we'll be in pretty good shape.

Anilones

If my calculations are correct (which probably aren't, as it's Friday evening), we'd need 19,500 HP for a 20-member team. That's 975 HP per person on average.

Gotchaye

I'd be happy just with the cover reward at top 200(?).

So what's the status on joining? Still seems full at only 7?

100, but I'm sure that's achievable. There can't be that many alliances with more than 6 or 7 active players.

This new reward structure massively screws people trying to build a 2* roster.

animus82

Banned
I just kicked fluffy. Because no one Id'ed him

I was at lunch guys.

Who ever can afford the next slot please join in.

Turbo I have kicked you also temporarily. You can join back in when you get your phone sorted out.

Askani, you kinda called dibs, you want the 800?

EDIT: Well, looks like Askani's not on right now. I just went ahead and joined in (DNouncer Duane). Askani, I'll buy the 800 slot for you and you can buy the 900 slot for the next person. I'll buy you a beer at the next SKC game for the extra 100 HP. :)

Askani

Doesn't matter. I can go now. Tell me what I'm doing because I can't make my own choices!!

lol, but seriously, I'm ready to go, or someone else. I don't want to screw up any plans. Is that the plan?

Askani, I think you can go ahead and join on the extra slot I just bought (Gotchaye is already in), then both of you (Askani and Gotchaye) buy a slot and we'll have two more open

So when Askani joined, our alliance points remained at 300. I guess that means that only points earned after entering the alliance count, not merely our current points in the event. I guess that makes sense, though, or else there would be high rollers all switching alliances in the final hour.

zulux21

So when Askani joined, our alliance points remained at 300. I guess that means that only points earned after entering the alliance count, not merely our current points in the event. I guess that makes sense, though, or else there would be high rollers all switching alliances in the final hour.

im glad i waited until I was in the alliance to get points.

Good thing I haven't started the current event yet. Still waiting to join though.

animus82

Banned
So I will be buying shug a slot.

Does any want to donote for another slot? I have enough for his but if others donate I can buy a 20$ pack.

I'm sending this out mostly to the lurkers and non-hardcore that don't have 1000 HP. You would have to throw in 10$ or two people would have to do 5$ each.

can I ask who dreweth is?

Anilones

Does any want to donote for another slot? I have enough for his but if others donate I can buy a 20$ pack.

I'm sending this out mostly to the lurkers and non-hardcore that don't have 1000 HP. You would have to throw in 10$ or two people would have to do 5$ each.

As I said, I'm happy to send you a few coins to help but it'll have to be Monday at the earliest.

shugdaddy

Neo Member

Cheers, I've just sent over a request.

Okay, we're gaining altitude! We just crossed over into Black Panther territory (#50)! I've brought home about 120-140 so far. EDIT: Oh wait, BP starts at 100. Even better!

I typically don't play until the last day of a tourney, but I tend to average about 600 pts by the end.

I prolly should level my heroes some more for this, but I really want to wait out on the Spidey nerf before taking him any higher.

sibarraz

Banned
Guys, can I join an alliance? I really need some black panthers cards since I only had one and I feel that after the event he will not be that good without all the stupid buffs that he received on the hulg saga

animus82

Banned
Guys, can I join an alliance? I really need some black panthers cards since I only had one and I feel that after the event he will not be that good without all the stupid buffs that he received on the hulg saga

Are you willing to use (a lot of hp now...) for a slot?

Fjord, I promoted you, so you can buy a slot.

There is no ingame way of giving currency. I'm taking donations for more slots though.

cobell

I think Cobell is still pretty active.

All I know is, I'm the only one with any points in the defenders PVP tourney for our alliance.

I am pretty active. I'm just stuck at work and forgot my tablet with the game installed.

I do have some HP saved up. Maybe what we could do is have me buy an initial slot (as I have some saved up), and have whomever joins buy a new slot, and so on and so forth.

Do we know if there's another cap in Alliance size (or an increase in HP cost like increasing your roster size)?

The biggest problem I see is that anyone can join without restriction. And I have some odd issue where some people I can't promote up to commander. When I try I get a "Can't kick <X>. Lost connection." even though I'm not trying to kick and am clearly connected.

It'll be a few more hours before I'm up and going again.

animus82

Banned
I am pretty active. I'm just stuck at work and forgot my tablet with the game installed.

I do have some HP saved up. Maybe what we could do is have me buy an initial slot (as I have some saved up), and have whomever joins buy a new slot, and so on and so forth.

Do we know if there's another cap in Alliance size (or an increase in HP cost like increasing your roster size)?

The biggest problem I see is that anyone can join without restriction. And I have some odd issue where some people I can't promote up to commander. When I try I get a "Can't kick <X>. Lost connection." even though I'm not trying to kick and am clearly connected.

It'll be a few more hours before I'm up and going again.

LOL .. wait until you get home.

I've done what you have suggested already. I think you'll be pleased. The amount of HP per new alliance slot goes up 100 HP every time it seems.

There are a lot commanders now Cobell because to buy a slot, you have to be commander.

Commanders can't be kicked either but I don't see this as a problem because that person paid for their slot using HP or what have you.

NomarTyme

I want to join a alliance.... I haven't been playing for week though. Freaking state exam. I'll be pretty active again after Saturday.

zulux21

you can make the alliance private somehow (edit: i see we are private now)... either way it's amusing to see everyone but me and 2 others being commanders :p

I am having no luck today... I am getting nothing in the way of cascades and the enemy is repeatedly getting 10 of each color of mana in the first 3 turns :/

cobell

Awesome, sounds like they fleshed out the Alliance a tad. If we do need a slot, I should still be able to buy one if needed.

Top Bottom