• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Damn Viper, calm down.

Also, what's the easiest way to do seismo chains in this game? I can do that shit all day in SSF4 but I can only get off like 2 or 3 in Marvel.

vg260

alstein said:
They turned him into Johnny Five.

and possibly freed up a previously locked-in slot on a ton of people's teams to plop in a DLC character. One character dominating the usage charts is bad for business. Capcom is Smart/evil.

DRE Fei

Lol after all this crying, lvl 3 Sentinel still kills just about everybody in one combo.

The problem isn't high HP. They need to nerf the fuck out of level 3 x factor. The only difference between level 2 and 3 should be the time it lasts.

Of course x factor probably won't be nerfed, because this is the mechanic that allows for comebacks. This is the same concept as rage in tekken or ultras in sf4. It's what these developers have chosen to appeal to casuals. IMO, the developer that includes a proper online mode combined with a good tutorial is the one that will win.

2&2 said:
and possibly freed up a previously locked-in slot on a ton of people's teams to plop in a DLC character. One character dominating the usage charts is bad for business. Capcom is Smart/evil.

If they really wanted to do that, they could have just switched O.Sentinel and Shuma as DLC.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
as long as the DHC trick is there, sentinel is still ridiculously good and wont leave teams of players who know whats up

hitsugi

dralla said:
anyone see tasky trying to rush down sent + larriat assist? the fuck
A lot of task players are used to spidey swinging through whatever :lol

Sent + Haggar is something else though

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
DRE Fei said:
Of course x factor probably won't be nerfed, because this is the mechanic that allows for comebacks. This is the same concept as rage in tekken or ultras in sf4. It's what these developers have chosen to appeal to casuals. IMO, the developer that includes a proper online mode combined with a good tutorial is the one that will win.

Somebody just said all this on the 8wayrun Stream and I agree completely.

Darkman M

haunts said:
I think X-Factor should basically be level 1 across the board.. maybe level 2.. I like a lot of its properties but level 3 xfactor is pretty stupid.
I agree and said the same thing weeks ago, drop x2 and x3 and it's good.

McNum

FreedomFrisbee said:
BB:CS has that. It hasnt been nearly as successful as capcom stuff though.
Maybe we should add "And looks like a standard fighting game with karate-dudes or otherwise recognizable characters". BlazBlue just looks weird for weirdness sake. The battles don't even start with "FIGHT!" It may sound weird to nitpick that, but it's a genre convention. Break it at your own risk.

But the idea of "Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Iron Man vs. Karate-dude, Kicking girl, and Resident Evil guy" is easy to get. And both Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat are known names, so those two get a free pass, sort of. MK kind of has a bad reputation at the moment.

Honestly, I'm thinking "the big one" is going to be one of the SF vs. Tekken ones. If one of those has a properly good online mode, and is easy to learn, we have a winner here.

Darkman M

QisTopTier said:
An "almost" balanced roster?

I bought it played through the story with all characters and that was it(LOL) I hear Bang/Litchi pretty much rapes everyone? I went to mission mode and i saw my reality in that game lol, still love the series though.

shaowebb

BTW everyone who enjoys the thought of new outfits for dlc.

Spiderman just recently went through a major main canon appearance change and has two new outfits that could potentially (alongside Noir spiderman and Scarlet Spider) become good DLC outfits.

They are shown in amazing Spiderman 655 &656 and his new outfit incorporates a helmet and some bulletproofed police style gear since he has some issues in these comics that make them become seen as a necessity in his future.

Here is a shot of the new outfits. I like em a lot, and hope both them, Noir and Scarlet Spider make it someday as DLC.

eurmeu.jpg

Feel free to post any other outfits you know of for cast that would make nice dlc. I'm looking forward to the next batch and miss getting hyped.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
the break is looking pretty hype.

Also i finally picked a team because of synergy instead of me liking the characters. Spent an hour in the lab tasky/akuma/doom.

EDit: sent vs. sent battle is a lot more risky now lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
McNum said:
Maybe we should add "And looks like a standard fighting game with karate-dudes or otherwise recognizable characters". BlazBlue just looks weird for weirdness sake. The battles don't even start with "FIGHT!" It may sound weird to nitpick that, but it's a genre convention. Break it at your own risk.
ASW and a few other companies have made a point to use different terms for each franchise.

DECIDE THE DESTINY

QisTopTier said:
An "almost" balanced roster?
Slow moves for everyone.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Damn you know there is a problem when I can't seem to deal with my own ammy recording in the lab ;p... damn those advancing jabs lol! Morrigan has some super fast ones too...thank god she doesn't advance while doing them... ;p

So I'm not sure if everyone is watching the same stream, but I just saw the nerfed, worthless sentinal body someone 7 OCV's in a row.

So yeah, he's still fucking good and everyone can chill out now about the nerf.

MThanded

Arpharmd B said:
So I'm not sure if everyone is watching the same stream, but I just saw the nerfed, worthless sentinal body someone 7 OCV's in a row.

So yeah, he's still fucking good and everyone can chill out now about the nerf.
Nah, this is neogaf dude.

haunts said:
russell simmons on the stream right now
papoose.jpg

Definitely papoose

McNum

Ah, so that's the costume that Spider-Man's fourth costume is supposed to be? Looks a little weird, to be honest, but not bad at all.

The white Future Foundation one seems like a sure thing for the DLC costume for Spider-Man, though. Looks pretty nice and is very distinct from every other Spider-Man costume.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ryu X-factoring out of that overhead, I can support.

McNum said:
Ah, so that's the costume that Spider-Man's fourth costume is supposed to be? Looks a little weird, to be honest, but not bad at all.

The white Future Foundation one seems like a sure thing for the DLC costume for Spider-Man, though. Looks pretty nice and is very distinct from every other Spider-Man costume.
No, Spiderman's 4th is different. I support Future Foundation costume, or Noir though. Both are awesome.

shaowebb

_dementia said:

Agreed. I've wanted this outfit for awhile. Also I would love some Ultimate Avengers bearded Thor action in here.

2hd3dqv.jpg

He'd have to "choke up on the bat" if he got the hammer redesign to keep from having an odd hitbox but I'd love it anyways.

Well...that and Deadpool's Jean Grey outfit for the troll factor.

30rmfl1.jpg

MThanded

yipes blackness on blast. Damn son. The haters gonna hate.

Jeeze MarlinPie's mvc3 technology 0_0

MARLIN PIE HYPER GRAV INFINITE OMG wtf

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Bionic Commando Rearmed Spencer and heavy metal bro Thor would be pretty cool alt costumes, actually.

And fuck, I just missed this Marlin action. :(

shaowebb

Did Marlinpie just have 3 characters ALL using infinites?
I know viper and magneto had them, but that ammy slowdown was close enough for me if it builds enough meter to throw out another slowdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom