• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdub03

Ferrio said:
Annoy the fuck outta me by bringing up dialog windows, and taking time to save.

I think I spend more time waiting for it to save then playing the game. I hope they patch it to be quicker or something.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Ferrio said:
Annoy the fuck outta me by bringing up dialog windows, and taking time to save.

It reminds me of this.

CrDyn.png

But at least in that game, something actually happened afterward. In MvC3, PP does nothing past a certain point, and it's not like it's hard to get to that point or anything. The game freezes your screen for 5 seconds after every match for no reason whatsoever. It's fucking stupid.

dankir

OMG these commentators are boring as shit.

Bring back Marlin Pie and the other guy from last night.

Also what is it that Zero is saying when he's doing his level 3.

______ Genmu Zero

What's the first word?

def sim

Yeah, I don't think it's patched either. Sent lived through a XFC combo and had a good chunk of health left.

It was level 1, but the combo would have finished off any character with 910,000 health.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
hitsugi said:
When people aren't familiar with task, they are floored by this. Also, its ridiculously easy to do

Is this DHCed from the downward legion arrow? I can't ever seem to get anything to connect after that, tips? Is there a specific timing?

vg260

McNum said:
About the Sentinel nerf, there one thing I haven't seen anyone mention yet. Wouldn't Capcom have access to an online matchup list? As in Team Akuma/Ameteratsu/Arthur defeats Team Wolverine/X-23/Zero this many percent of the time, most likely with the average remaining HP on each character and whether or not X-Factor had been used. Of course, this would exist for every single combination and individual characters. So if Sentinel had an abnormal win rate AND he had about 400,000 HP remaining in the same amount of wins that he was above the mean, then the reasons behind the nerf become very easy to see. Now with the time a patch takes to get through, this would probably only be based on the first week of online play, where Sentinel pretty much did rule supreme, so it makes sense. He would stick out like a sore thumb in win percentage then.

And, really, why shouldn't Capcom keep track of the online matchups? It's one of the fastest ways to get matchup information for the widest selection of your players. Of course, this would mean that MvC3 would be balanced towards online play, for good and ill.

This makes too much sense for people to have considered.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
why would you make your user name different on different sites?

offcast
0ffcast
offcasts

come on now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
corrosivefrost said:
Marn just took out Sentinel/Skrull with an XF3 Wesker followed by mauling Doctor Doom on WNF. Makin' low tier Wesker look good... :lol
lol @ even suggesting Wesker is even relatively low tier.

MThanded

Sixfortyfive said:
Balancing a fighter around online play makes sense to you?
Contrary to popular belief the large majority of the people playing this game havent been to srk, eventhubs, or neogaf for that matter. Also the amount of people who play at tournaments is miniscule compared to the amount of players online. I mean i know its hard to believe and I know it sucks to hear that but thats truly the case at this point and time. Lets just be real here.

God damn WNF is way too late tonight. Gonna have to miss out on this one.

Edit: "The temperature goes celsius" what does that even mean James lol

2&2 said:
This makes too much sense for people to have considered.

No

MThanded said:
Contrary to popular belief the large majority of the people playing this game havent been to srk, eventhubs, or neogaf for that matter. Also the amount of people who play at tournaments is miniscule compared to the amount of players online. I mean i know its hard to believe and I know it sucks to hear that but thats truly the case at this point and time. Lets just be real here.

Being real, those people can't tell that sentinel is overpowered.

Most of the outcry is just parroting from visiting those sites.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
MThanded said:
Do you think you're telling me something I don't know?

def sim

It's not even about casual vs pro. Adjusting the game to random players online would make a poor game.

You make it sound like having to learn is a bad thing. Fighting games have to be figured out, it's the same for any other genre and you don't have to be a pro to do it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Im fucking crying from UltraJared playing.

OH MAXIMUM SPIDER... missed because she was blocking.

22 hits, a personal best!

*dead*

def sim

Now it's hardcore?

So the game should be balanced to players with only a passing interest in the game and, probably, fighting games in general? These games sell well regardless of their complexity, so I guess arguing that is irrelevant.

MThanded

rance said:
Now it's hardcore?

So the game should be balanced to players with only a passing interest in the game and, probably, fighting games in general? These games sell well regardless of their complexity, so I guess arguing that is irrelevant.
That is the large majority of the sales. By the time only the dedicated community is playing the game we will probably get a new disc based version.

I am not claiming the patch is god's gift to mankind. The amount of rage over this is just a little over the top. Personally, I was never salty about sentinel's old health. He did have way too many things going for him though.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Pad warrior or not, Fanatiq is seriously going with the stock 360 pad? Damn.

MThanded said:
That is the large majority of the sales.
I can't tell whether you're trolling or not at this point. What point are you even trying to make?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Are most people here rocking a stick, or is pad more common along hardcore but non-tourney player?

MThanded said:
I'm glad you have passed the denial stage. I commend you.

Who's holier than thou now?

look, man. You wanna push your weight with numbers, i.e. "there's more of us casuals than you guys who analyze frame data." Fine. But don't get in a hissy fit when you know you're out of your league. I think we SRK/EH visitors have a better understanding of what intentions are behind a patch than you do.

jman2050

MThanded said:
That is the large majority of the sales. By the time only the dedicated community is playing the game we will probably get a new disc based version.

I think his point was that that type of audience just doesn't care either way. The crying and complainers are just as much a vocal minority as the hardcore tourney scene.

MThanded

DryEyeRelief said:
Who's holier than thou now?

look, man. You wanna push your weight with numbers, i.e. "there's more of us casuals than you guys who analyze frame data." Fine. But don't get in a hissy fit when you know you're out of your league. I think we SRK/EH visitors have a better understanding of what intentions are behind a patch than you do.
I visit SRK/EH all the time. I dont understand what point you are trying to make about me. If there was a tourney here I would be there in a hot minute. Was not talking about myself. Just lending some insight .

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MThanded said:

I am not claiming the patch is god's gift to mankind. The amount of rage over this is just a little over the top. Personally, I was never salty about sentinel's old health. He did have way too many things going for him though.
Sentinel had way too many pros versus cons, and people try to rationalize that his cons somehow outweighed the pros. He has mobility, extreme capabilities utilizing X-Factor, high damage output AND high health. His large size and long recovery on some of his moves was his downfall, which don't immediately outweigh all of the pros.

Righteous nerf.

MThanded

Apparently , I am throwing a hissy fit because I don't care about the patch??? I am confused.

I will be interested to see how many patches actually come to mvc3. Like i said before this is the gift and the curse of updateable games.

My stance: The patch was not necessary. It is capcom's game so they are going to do what they want at the end of the day. I would love to have some insight into their decision making process. If they truly patched because of people complaining on the internet then all of this fallout may cause them to no longer patch this way and stick to disc based revisions(which is fine in my book, I own SF4 and SSF4 for both systems).

def sim

enzo_gt said:
Sentinel had way too many pros versus cons, and people try to rationalize that his cons somehow outweighed the pros. He has mobility, extreme capabilities utilizing X-Factor, high damage output AND high health.

It's more people think he may have had middling pros and cons but was nerfed before they could figure it out for themselves.

It could be argued that he had a huge, vulnerable hitbox, no teleport mixups, no high low tridash offense, or fast normals to open people up hence the high health, mobility for attack or command grab, and damage. X-Factor LVL3 isn't the character's fault.

MTHanded: Seems like you got yourself in an argument that you didn't mean to be in, but the whole casual vs hardcore argument was a little silly.

MThanded

rance said:
It's more people think he may have had middling pros and cons but was nerfed before they could figure it out for themselves.

It could be argued that he had a huge, vulnerable hitbox, no teleport mixups, no high low tridash offense, or fast normals to open people up hence the high health, mobility, and damage.

MTHanded: Seems like you got yourself in an argument that you didn't mean to be in, but the whole casual vs hardcore argument was a little silly.
I am part of the community but some of the community shenanigans are just too much.

shaowebb

Shoutouts to God's Beard for putting in that Thor technology. The stuff you said sounds positively incredible and by this time next year I'm betting we may just see a lot of Thor players due to stuff like what you found.

I'd love to friend you on 360 so I could get bodied by Thor and witness this majesty of combo lab work as you narrate.

My handle is Dynasty Penguin.

Could you show me these things you've worked on. I'd like to learn Thor because his is my absolute worst character and I hate that given how hype I was for him pre-launch.

MThanded

DryEyeRelief said:
You want holier than thou, I will give it to you.
How is that holier than thou.

I think holier than thou is saying

1. Im not going to play sf4 because its going to be 3d and not sprite based
2. brawl is not a fighting game
3. Thats an animu fighter
4. Lets bash mvc3 because of its simplified button layout
5. mvc3 is going to suck because its like tvc

etc

You seriously think bullshit like this and other things are not shenanigans?

If you want to paint me as that holier than thou person then your last comment about me on the last page is contradictory.

Also you already called me holier than thou on the last page. I get it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom