• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwed around a little bit, trying to find a good third for my Taskmaster/Dante team. May go with Morrigan, but don't really like her assists in combination with Task/Dante. Wolverine's Berserker Slash may be my best bet but would make it completely aggression oriented.

My quick set-up looks like this right now:
Zero/Chun-Li/Shuma
Ammy/Iron Man/Dormaamu
Taskmaster/Dante/Phoenix

Phoenix is just a place holder because while I know her and can use her, I like to be able to DHC between Task and Dante and not have to hold the meter.

I've finally stopped doing Ranked Match, and my first Player Match I get paired with a 5th Lord. Managed to beat him down with my Zero/Chun-Li/Shuma team, even got Shuma's complete Lvl 3 off in a combo. Dare I say I'm finally getting the hang of this game?

Bark252 said:
GGS Ninja, Sloth, and ThatCrazyGuy

GGs to you too Bark!
SolarPowered, you are too raw, son. I didn't know Lei-Lei could actually fight. Oh and because of you I now am of the opinion that Amaterasu is the most annoying character in the game :/

Oh and Sloth, we gotta have a Dormington teleport-a-thon again sometime.

Ya'll are great training buddies and I greatly appreciate you putting up with my scrubby bullshit ^_^

Good games, fellas.

I'm sorry if my performance was not up to par. Me and my friends were playing a game of sexy questions and the fact that I'm a virgin did not work in my favor. It kept distracting me like crazy. I'm also hatching heracross eggs as we speak haha.

XD

Edit: Rooms like that are way more fun than sterile 1v1 matches. I had tons of fun and I hope we can do it again. There are more things outside of the tourney scene that define the genre and tonight's games are one of them imo.

:)

El Sloth

Banned
GG's SolarPowered and Bark(even if it was only one game)

Stay Free Ninaj.
Why is your Dorm so much better than mines?! ;_;

My mashy ass managed to get some wins against you guys somehow(j.C with Tron all day err day). Playing with SolarPowered after a 2 week break was probably not a good idea though. Stop being so good, son!

Shout outs to Dorm teleport battles.

Edit: Hey SolarPowered and Bark, don't forget to get on the IRC channel when we play together: http://wbe01.mibbit.com/?server=irc.globalgamers.net&channel=#gafranbats

Ninaj was talking so much shit about your Morrigan, SolarPowered. ;)

Odinson

El Sloth said:
GG's SolarPowered and Bark(even if it was only one game)

Stay Free Ninaj.
Why is your Dorm so much better than mines?! ;_;

My mashy ass managed to get some wins against you guys somehow(j.C with Tron all day err day). Playing with SolarPowered after a 2 week break was probably not a good idea though. Stop being so good, son!

Shout outs to Dorm teleport battles.

Edit: Hey SolarPowered and Bark, don't forget to get on the IRC channel when we play together: http://wbe01.mibbit.com/?server=irc.globalgamers.net&channel=#gafranbats

Ninaj was talking so much shit about you Morrigan, SolarPowered. ;)
Yea sorry I had to leave so soon. You guys were all good. I managed to get one win due to time out but ill take it. Ill remember to join the chat next time.

El Sloth said:
Ninaj was talking so much shit about your Morrigan, SolarPowered. ;)

I swear it was the good kind of shit!

The kind where I was cursing you for being so damn good and aggravating not the kind where I was calling you a scrub or anything! <:3 Honest!

SolarPowered, your Lei-Lei play was inspiring, I need to actually learn to use her as a character and not just an assist. :)

Oh and our matches really drove home how much it sucks to not have spectator support. I could just imagine the awesome if we all had mics and could see more than the fucking health bars and a couple of humping cards :/

You guys and your compliments haha.

I've always played with minimal assists in all of the MvC games since my friends hated it so much. It's been a really rough transition towards assist based gameplay for me and I think it really showed when I was playing against sloth. I had tons of fun when it was Lei Lei vs Lei Lei(It was raining spiked cannonballs at one point and it was nearly a draw!).

The Morrigan Shenanigans using x-factor and astral vision were hilarious too. I was not sure if I could kill golden Lei Lei so quickly lol. The high point of the night was gold pendulum vs gold pendulum though.

There were a lot of highlights for the night. I agree on the comment about spectator. It would have been really kick ass like the BlazBlue lobbies I had with gaffers.
NinajHeartless said:
I swear it was the good kind of shit!

The kind where I was cursing you for being so damn good and aggravating not the kind where I was calling you a scrub or anything! <:3 Honest!

SolarPowered, your Lei-Lei play was inspiring, I need to actually learn to use her as a character and not just an assist. :)
I'm not all that good. I just get the formula down by sheer amounts of matches. You'll click soon enough and I'll be the one on the rebound. It'll be worse for if you are as salty as the other guy suggest though!

;)

Zissou said:
Are you sure you're not thinking of a different assist? I just went into training mode and set the dummy to block all (high/medium) and the assist hit just fine.
The sliding sword attack? I just checked again and I can't get it to hit with the dummy set to all block.

...wait a second. Ok, with all block, the unblockable doesn't hit, but it'll hit low against high/medium block, and I tested it against myself with the record feature. So I guess it does hit low.

Damn. I have to change my team again now. I wasn't going to use Deadpool because I thought Quick Work didn't hit low(even the guide doesn't mention that it hits low and doesn't include it in the low-hitting assists section).

I guess I'm happy with that because less people use Deadpool than Trish or Magneto, but I'm going to miss those amazing level 3s. Anyway, this is probably for the best because I'm trying to create a defensive team.

So I guess it's MODOK(balloon bomb)/Thor(mighty smash)/Deadpool(quick work), and I'll probably keep Magneto and Trish in reserve just in case I need to mix it up.

El Sloth

Banned
SolarPowered said:
The Morrigan Shenanigans using x-factor and astral vision were hilarious too. I was not sure if I could kill golden Lei Lei so quickly lol. The high point of the night was gold pendulum vs gold pendulum though.
Astral Vision->X Factor->cr.L cr.L cr.L cr.L cr.L cr.L cr.L...Kingdom Come

Astral Vision+X Factor= Salty Vision

Mit-

Continuing from many pages back, Spider-Man being execution heavy hardly has anything to do with RDP Web Swing in my opinion. You can get that down pretty quick. It's having to be as close to your opponent as possible mid-combo in order to combo into web swing from the ground and do a loop. It's the timing on the aerials in the loop in order to continue your combo on the ground. It's the speed at which you have to hit the followup H on Spider-Sting in order to have them close enough to web swing later in the combo. It's watching how many hits are in your combo so you can still combo into Maximum Spider off a web swing. It's Crawler Assault being impossible to combo into without getting very creative or using an assist. It's his lack of a level 3 hyper to do big damage with. It's his combos being impossible to execute reliably online.

Bleh. Yeah. I'll stick to playing him in local friendlies. He's fun, but it's too frustrating and too inconsistent for serious or online play.

EDIT: And yes, Quick Work hits low, and chances are you'll never get an unblockable setup to work against All Block. Most "unblockable" setups aren't actually unblockable, it's just really, really hard to block both attacks that quick (one attack usually hits a frame or two (or few) before the other). Unless you get both attacks on the same frame, the All Block dummy is still going to block it. Hell, he might still block it even then, changing his block up mid-frame somehow.

Eh I just think Spidey is just different in this game. Swinging around like a jackass can get you pretty far - I just try and stay unpredictable with my movements and Unibeam assist calls with Spider-Man.

I think he definitely needs a beam and an OTG assist to really make him work. While he does have a couple great hit confirm combos, I think he gets exponentially better with a little more screen control and some web ball resets made possible by an OTG assist.

He can move like a mother to. I don't think he's too execution heavy when it comes down to it either, just some weird combos that become muscle memory with enough practice. And believe it or not, he gets pretty decent damage for someone who can move as well as he does IMO. 622k for one bar by himself is pretty decent, 540K meterless is aight too. He can hit Sentinel for 707k with one bar too. 800k if they don't have an invincible air super (using the OTG web ball xx ultimate web throw reset) is pretty solid too. All his specials have a purpose that do their job pretty well I think too.

Plus, he has the best utility hyper runaway scam I think. Chasing him is a bitch.

Definitely different from his older versions though. But I think his surface hasn't been scratched too much. Granted, I don't know what your skill level is but I don't think he's the beginner friendly character he was in older games either.

Ferrio

Banned
Speaking of spidey I was working more with him... and since I was playing around with swing combos... I decided to try out taskmaster and see how difficult his combo was in comparison....

WTF. It's like baby's first combo in execution in comparison, but still does a shit ton of damage and pressure. I heard it was easy... but holy hell that was realllllly easy.

GGs to ferrio, sorry about how ass I am right now. I don't have much time to practice since I'm gone from 7am to 10pm every day, so I just go into training mode. All my characters are ones that I just picked up in the last couple days, which is why I can't fight with any of them. The only character I used against you that I've even really used against other people is wesker, and even he's pretty ass. I only had 19 online matches before I fought you.

I'm going to finish my team before I start taking fight requests from now on, I don't feel right using characters I've never even practiced with against people(modok, deadpool, storm, magneto, etc), so I just used Thor, trish and wesker over and over, which I have no idea what to do with as a team. It's not fair to you when you obviously have a game plan.

Once I'm comfortable with 3 characters, I'll start fighting people again.

Toski

Killa Sasa said:
Eh I just think Spidey is just different in this game. Swinging around like a jackass can get you pretty far - I just try and stay unpredictable with my movements and Unibeam assist calls with Spider-Man.

I think he definitely needs a beam and an OTG assist to really make him work. While he does have a couple great hit confirm combos, I think he gets exponentially better with a little more screen control and some web ball resets made possible by an OTG assist.

He can move like a mother to. I don't think he's too execution heavy when it comes down to it either, just some weird combos that become muscle memory with enough practice. And believe it or not, he gets pretty decent damage for someone who can move as well as he does IMO. 622k for one bar by himself is pretty decent, 540K meterless is aight too. He can hit Sentinel for 707k with one bar too. 800k if they don't have an invincible air super (using the OTG web ball xx ultimate web throw reset) is pretty solid too. All his specials have a purpose that do their job pretty well I think too.

Plus, he has the best utility hyper runaway scam I think. Chasing him is a bitch.

Definitely different from his older versions though. But I think his surface hasn't been scratched too much. Granted, I don't know what your skill level is but I don't think he's the beginner friendly character he was in older games either.
I agree that Spider-Man's runaway is probably the best in the game, but I believe that the hit & run playstyle he has is not going to fair well in high level play. The problem is that he has to be built around, but there is probably better characters to build a team around. Also due to his craptastic assists, he either has to be kept on point or to be used to runaway when playing for a timeout. I still want to know why they changed the web swing motion from QCB to RDP.

I am going to try to experiment with Spider-Man(Web ball or web swing), Iron Man(Smart Bombs), and Magneto(Disruptor) and see how that goes.

Dahbomb

traveler said:
I have more problems with joystick motions than buttons or the speed at which I input commands. I always found Akuma's ultra the easiest to perform for that specific reason.

I have moved back to trying the d-pad after spending a while trying a stick and I am finding it a little easier, albeit more painful on my thumb. My hands tend to shake a bit so I have a hard time controlling precisely with devices that rely on hand centric motion. (I have the same problem with most mice; it's much easier for me to control FPSes using dual analog- where my fingers are in control- than mice, where hand movement has a much higher level of influence.)

Obviously, Smash Bros. has been the easiest thing to play for me period in the genre, as long as you consider it part of the genre. I was actually somewhat competitive at it within my circle of friends. I realize there's a little bit less depth in it as a result of not having as many move options due to the limited ways in which the game requires inputs, though. (When all your moves are variants of a single stick direction + button, they're pretty easy to do.)

And, no, I haven't tried BlazBlue. I don't really know too many people that play it, though, and I'm more interested in getting better at the games that I know of a community for. (In person, I mean. Obviously, there's an active contingent of players for nearly every current fighting game on GAF)
Marvel is pad friendly. I too play on a pad.

Just have fun with the game and practice BnB combos with your characters. You know what's the best advice I can give you? Try out super cancelling and instead of watching the screen, watch your fingers and put the Input display on.

Like pick up Dormammu and see if you can do Purification into Chaotic Flame consistently. Watch your hands instead of screen. Then check the Input display and see where you messed up. Then do it REAL SLOW and slowly increase your speed until you can do the cancel properly.

In Marvel I recommend picking up some non-execution heavy characters and just start out by doing simple BnB combos into hyper cancels. Someone like Wolverine is a good start, paired with a good assist. His dragon punch moves aren't even that useful, it's all about the Drill Claw (Att + S) and the Berserker Slash (QCB + Att). His Berserker Barrage H version into hyper cancel is like the easiest hit confirm in the game.

Solune

Killa Sasa said:
He can hit Sentinel for 707k with one bar too. 800k if they don't have an invincible air super (using the OTG web ball xx ultimate web throw reset) is pretty solid too. All his specials have a purpose that do their job pretty well I think too.
So web throw into Maximum Spider is Sent only?
Toski said:
I agree that Spider-Man's runaway is probably the best in the game, but I believe that the hit & run playstyle he has is not going to fair well in high level play. The problem is that he has to be built around, but there is probably better characters to build a team around. Also due to his craptastic assists, he either has to be kept on point or to be used to runaway when playing for a timeout. I still want to know why they changed the web swing motion from QCB to RDP.

I am going to try to experiment with Spider-Man(Web ball or web swing), Iron Man(Smart Bombs), and Magneto(Disruptor) and see how that goes.
This was a really Really REALLY stupid idea on the dev team's part. Why the fuck would you give Taskmaster whose Bnb does a MASSIVE amount of damage a simple command normal that has the same properties AND comes out faster than Spiderman's webswing, I will never know.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Ferrio said:
Speaking of spidey I was working more with him... and since I was playing around with swing combos... I decided to try out taskmaster and see how difficult his combo was in comparison....

WTF. It's like baby's first combo in execution in comparison, but still does a shit ton of damage and pressure. I heard it was easy... but holy hell that was realllllly easy.

i was playing spidey today too and was laughing my ass off because of the same stuff. like why does taskmaster do like 250k more damage for what seems like virtually the same combo.

also, spideys hyper combos really suck. lmao

he is still fun as hell though.

Mit-

A lot of those Spidey combos that have been brought up, I have found out are situational (most don't work in corners, specifically the ones that end air combos with Maximum Spider), and many of the bigger ones (even the 600k ones) are character specific (so I've read, I'm assuming it's against smallish characters). And the execution is indeed pretty high. Seriously, try them out for yourself. The videos makes them look easy. They aren't that easy. The best is probably the combo with two RDP+H's on the ground, into Spider Sting + H, into Spider Sting > Maximum Spider. But that's one of the character specific combos, and dear god do you have to trigger maximum spider AS FAST AS POSSIBLE after that uppercut. No room for error.

So, his only reliable, work-on-every-character combo, is about 540k for one meter (ground string, Spider-sting, air combo, rdp+H, maximum spider, works everywhere, on everyone).

I just feel like he's not even good enough to warrant the things going against him. He can runaway (which I agree, is not going to get you very far in high level play), and, I don't know, I can't think of much else that's actually great. You might think his mobility's great, but it's all so telegraphed. Web-zip is the easiest thing to see coming ever. You can't even crossup using it, because if you actually land the crossup, you land on the ground about 20 feet away from your opponent and can't followup. His air dash is a million times better IMO, and is in general good for getting in and going for overheads, but again, it's not hard to see coming. There are plenty of characters who can get in that fast, if not faster.

I don't know, he's probably playable, but yes, you have to build a team around him, and there's just no reason to build a team around him and not someone else, unless you put him on secondary and run the clock on a phoenix team with him or something.

And to whoever said they were gonna try Iron Man + Smart Bomb assist, good luck getting Smart Bomb to pick up your opponent after an air combo. Pretty sure it's way too slow. I hate unibeam too >:[ It's awesome for crossing up opponents and starting combos when they get hit by it, but it has so many hits, and significantly lowers the damage on Spidey's combos.

SmokeMaxX

Solune said:
This was a really Really REALLY stupid idea on the dev team's part. Why the fuck would you give Taskmaster whose Bnb does a MASSIVE amount of damage a simple command normal that has the same properties AND comes out faster than Spiderman's webswing, I will never know.
Why is Maximum Wesker better than Maximum Spider?

Ferrio

Banned
Best combo I've found for spidey that works on captain, no matter the screen is ~600 dmg and funny enough it doesn't use a meter

c.A, c.B, c.C, B/C spider swing, j.B, j.B, j.C, s.C, C spidersting->followup, c.B, S, sj, j.B, j.B, j.C, j.S, OTG assist, web throw

Instead of web throw you can maximum spider for a whole 19 more dmg or go for ultimate web throw reset.

Toski

SmokeMaxX said:
Why is Maximum Wesker better than Maximum Spider?
I personally think it's either the devs playing favorites, or whatever tricks Spider-Man had were found during play testing and were subsequently nerfed/balanced. They should bring back the MvC1 Maximum Spider where 5 hits did 30%.

Ferrio

Banned
Playing around with spidey's combos after otg assist, wesker is probably the best.

Sa you do that combo above, let wesker come out... hits them pops them up. Go for the ultimate web throw reset, if by some miracle it hits.. wesker's assist is up already and can otg assist after the hyper... and you can follow up with a spidey bnb.

Also having both chars on the team is funny.

Mit-

Man, Player Match is awesome. Ranked is all about winning. Do whatever necessary. The most garbage, underhanded tactics, with your best possible team.

As I mess with Spidey, Player Match has been awesome. People like to rematch. Low stress. Throw some Emancipator on. Play some matches.

But ugh I just cannot do Spidey combos online. Even if I don't do any web swings. I just swing all over the map, trying to snipe with overheads, calling Dark Hole from Dormammu, and occasionally throwing a web ball which has never once worked out, and more often than not gets me punished for whiffing.

And did Maximum Spider really have to be THAT punishable on block? It makes it all the more risky to try and hit with it. Especially online. I can hardly combo into it after landing Web Swing H's. You whiff, they follow you aaaaall the way to the ground, right next to you, and when they land are free to do ANYTHING they want to you. Luckily I've been practicing against scrubs who don't consistently land combos (like me with this new team).

But yeah, I tried rolling Spider-Man/Dorm/Wesker. Started working out fairly good in the end. Boy do I hate being in the corner with Dorm though. Need to just start super jumping out and flying around.

vg260

Toski said:

They had to change either the web swing or web throw motion due the the removal of separate P&K buttons so the two motions didn't overlap. However, they choose the wrong move to make a RDP. Web throw as a RDP motion and web swing as a QCB would have been 100x better. I'd love to see them patch this change in. That and maybe some other improvements to Spidey. He's kinda gotten the shaft in the past couple games despite being a marquee Marvel character.

So I'm gradually getting better at combos in training mode (like I can do what I think is Zero's b&b, single launch combo ending with OTG super), but when I play people online I generally can't do them. I either can't find an opening, don't hit-confirm anything, or if I do try a combo I drop it after a few hits. Generally the best I pull off online is basic stuff like hit-confirming Ryu's hurricane kick into shinku hadoken. Any advice on something I should work on to help with this?
Just keep practicing. In the month before MvC3 came out, I spent 15 minutes a day practicing Blackheart's infinite. First week, I performed it successfully a few times. Second week, once a day. Third week, multiple times per day. Fourth week, successfully performed it in online play twice during the heat of battle. It just takes time.

Wesker XFC LVL3 gun loop = LOL
This is just so stupid.

Event mode tomorrow. Who's hyped? I'm so hyped. Hope its like MK9 or Smash events, and has lots of wacky shit in it.
Cautiously hyped. I've already been burned enough.

Final Boss: 3 permanently level 3 X-Factored Sentinels at pre-path health.

Today I got a Disconnector who thought it was a good idea to call me a "f*g" over the mic multiple times. I don't even use the mic but I heard it through the speaker on my tv. The weirdest thing about it was it was a player match and up until that point we were pretty even. He got hit by haggars pipe and decided to go bat shit insane over the mic and disconnect. He still had 2 full life characters.... We already played one match and it was not a blowout by any means.

Anger management may be in order.
I turn mic sound off. I don't like being yelled at during my recreational time.

Lost Fragment said:
Task/Doom/Akuma is like the cheapest shit evar.
Was it someone from gaf?

That hidden missles assist is brutal. It completely shuts down my game. I'm still dumbfounded on how to bypass that shit.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Wait Event Mode tomorrow? I thought it was today.
Worst day ever.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
SolarPowered said:
Was it someone from gaf?

That hidden missles assist is brutal. It completely shuts down my game. I'm still dumbfounded on how to bypass that shit.

Shuma's all over laser assist can also be a pain when playing against a projectile spammer...

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
SolarPowered said:
Beams or other quick, full-screen projectiles. Punish the fuck out of that assist until it either stops being called so freely or until Doom bites the dust.

Hidden Missile was the biggest contributing factor to me changing my team.

Sixfortyfive said:
Beams or other quick, full-screen projectiles. Punish the fuck out of that assist until it either stops being called so freely or until Doom bites the dust.

Hidden Missile was the biggest contributing factor to me changing my team.
I'll throw my knives at the mofo with Hsien-Ko until they stop completely. Maybe Morrigan can seal the deal with awesome soul fist play!

:'(

Fake edit: Ammy might do the trick, but her Okami shuffle is now punishable too...
DarkoMaledictus said:
Shuma's all over laser assist can also be a pain when playing against a projectile spammer...
I don't even have the dude on my xbox. I think I'm just beam phobic since the characters annoyed me so much in Street fighter...

I guess I need use someone with a beam assist...

jdub03

SolarPowered said:
I'll throw my knives at the mofo with Hsien-Ko until they stop completely. Maybe Morrigan can seal the deal with awesome soul fist play!

:'(

Fake edit: Ammy might do the trick, but her Okami shuffle is now punishable too...

I don't even have the dude on my xbox. I think I'm just beam phobic since the characters annoyed me so much in Street fighter...

I guess I need use someone with a beam assist...

I had someone online try to punish Okami shuffle on me and paid dearly... with his life.

Dahbomb

Man that Dormammu tutorial video was some good shit. Definitely going to be copying some of those Liberation combos for the STYLE factor.

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/3/...-dormammu-combo-video-by-psychoci2ushei2.html

For those who missed it. Some really standard combos to get you started as well as some intermediate stuff.

My tactic against Hidden Missile spam? I use Wesker/Storm/Dorm now so I never had a problem with it because whenever I see it, it's either Hainstorm or Chaotic Flame for the assist punish. It shuts them up real quick. It's still a pain in the ass when you forget that those missiles are out and you get a combo only for it to be stuffed by the missiles.

Is Doom considered a decent solo character? I threw him on my team for a little just to take advantage of his awesome assists but the second I had to have him in I just got worked. I just feel like he moves awkwardly and I couldn't do much damage with him.

Still trying to find the permanent third in my Task / Trish team. It's been Sent but probably gonna give him the boot. Tried Zero and Wolvie, not loving either. Would prefer someone with decent health so I'm thinking of trying Wesker and Dorm next.

Darkman M

Sir Garbageman said:
Is Doom considered a decent solo character? I threw him on my team for a little just to take advantage of his awesome assists but the second I had to have him in I just got worked. I just feel like he moves awkwardly and I couldn't do much damage with him.

Still trying to find the permanent third in my Task / Trish team. It's been Sent but probably gonna give him the boot. Tried Zero and Wolvie, not loving either. Would prefer someone with decent health so I'm thinking of trying Wesker and Dorm next.

I haven't seen many great Dooms, but Clockwork makes him look amazing sometimes.

I'm nowhere close one of the experts, but why all complaints about X-Factor pretends only one player has access to it?
The issue is that it's not used equally. If played 1 has all 3 characters and player 2 is down to 1, player 2 gets 20 seconds of X-Factor, while player 1 gets 10. So, even if using X-Factor to counter X-Factor sounds nice hypothetically, it doesn't play out in reality.

I think he's a fine solo character, but he is high in execution.

jdub03

SolarPowered said:
The dog don't play that game, but if I try it I may get throw into the pound...

Ha ha, Now that I know it can be punished, I always expect them to dash in or throw out a hyper. Only one person has tried.

Also Where is event mode. Capcom is dropping the ball big time on this.

jdub03 said:
Ha ha, Now that I know it can be punished, I always expect them to dash in or throw out a hyper. Only one person has tried.

Also Where is spectator mode. Capcom is dropping the ball big time on this.
I agree. We've been waiting a good minute for this now.

Dahbomb

Doom is solid on point (solo) but he has a really steep learning curve to play effectively with.

First of all for his combos you need to learn the relaunch loop combo and it's not easy to learn quick. Secondly, his movement is awkward on the ground (because he can't cancel his dash on ground) and you need to combine it with his air dash for fast movement both away from opponent and into opponent. All of this requires very good execution to get it right.

You really need to put in the time and effort to learn Doom but he's a great character on point if you stick with him and if you have the execution. Watch some Clockw0rk matches for inspiration. Also his supers are really weird, his Photon Array does poor damage if you try to finish an air combo with it like in MVC2. You need to be really close to the opponent to get the full damage off of it. It's just better to end your combo with that Foot Drop kick into his Vertical sphere hyper as it does very solid damage. Or if you have the bars, go for his LVL3.

For me personally, I found Doom REALLY awkward and unwieldy coming from MVC2 but after some time I have realized he might actually be better than his MVC2 counterpart. A lot more depth to him now.

LakeEarth

I tried to get good with Doom but I have such trouble with consistent diagonal dashes. I probably need to sit down in training and work on that for an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom