• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
_dementia said:
I don't think it's coming. Has anyone at Capcom even mentioned it's being worked on?

This is such a depressing thought. I can't believe that such a fundamental thing could be dropped.

My friends are losing interest because they have to watch license card humping every time they lose, and they can't learn by watching other people fight.

jdub03

I used doom back when I played with Wesker. I used his beam to extend Weskers' combos.
I can do the re-launch combos pretty consistently. I like playing rush down characters, and to rush down with doom I'd have to spend loads of time in the lab. I might get back to him after I'm bored of my current team.

depths20XX

Anyone else have problems redeeming their DLC code for the characters? I entered it on the website last night and still haven't gotten anything in my e-mail. Does it just take a while?

_dementia said:
I don't think it's coming. Has anyone at Capcom even mentioned it's being worked on?
I haven't heard a peep since the BS forum post a few weeks ago. I'll just ignore the sequel if they want to play hardball.

I've never bought two copies of the same game at launch before, but I made an exception for Marvel. This will not happen again and I hope they skim across these types of posts throughout the internet if they're reading.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So event mode isn't up yet?

:lol Oh, Capcom. Remind me why I bought this in the first place again?

*looks at Jill*

Oh, right.

*Looks at Jill behind a pay wall*

Oh... right... guess I should just go back to Marvel 2 for playing with Fun Jill again. :/

mr. puppy

Banned
jdub03 said:
I used doom back when I played with Wesker. I used his beam to extend Weskers' combos.
I can do the re-launch combos pretty consistently. I like playing rush down characters, and to rush down with doom I'd have to spend loads of time in the lab. I might get back to him after I'm bored of my current team.

Why'd you bail on Wesker? Also what was your third for Doom/Wesker?

jdub03

mr. puppy said:
Why'd you bail on Wesker? Also what was your third for Doom/Wesker?

I switched a lot. I think I just like trying new characters. They all seem fun to play so I switched them up until I settle on a really fun team. At first it was Wolvie/Wesker/Doom. Then I think it was Ammy/Wesker/Wolvie. Then when Jill came out I tried Jill/ Felicia/Wesker. Now I'm playing tron/Ammy/Spencer. I like wesker a lot. His teleport mixed with Ammys' cold star assist worked really well for me.

TheSeks

hitsugi said:
Jill is a total weirdo freak in MVC3 anyway.. don't worry about her.

No summoning zombies or a Tyrant. I wanted to stab Wesker with a connected Tyrant hyper for 10 years. :( ;____;

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
depths20XX said:
Anyone else have problems redeeming their DLC code for the characters? I entered it on the website last night and still haven't gotten anything in my e-mail. Does it just take a while?
Go back to the redemption website. It will come up on the screen.

I never got an email either.

traveler

Not Wario
Dahbomb said:
Marvel is pad friendly. I too play on a pad.

Just have fun with the game and practice BnB combos with your characters. You know what's the best advice I can give you? Try out super cancelling and instead of watching the screen, watch your fingers and put the Input display on.

Like pick up Dormammu and see if you can do Purification into Chaotic Flame consistently. Watch your hands instead of screen. Then check the Input display and see where you messed up. Then do it REAL SLOW and slowly increase your speed until you can do the cancel properly.

In Marvel I recommend picking up some non-execution heavy characters and just start out by doing simple BnB combos into hyper cancels. Someone like Wolverine is a good start, paired with a good assist. His dragon punch moves aren't even that useful, it's all about the Drill Claw (Att + S) and the Berserker Slash (QCB + Att). His Berserker Barrage H version into hyper cancel is like the easiest hit confirm in the game.

It's interesting you bring up Dormammu. We had our weekly Marvel game night last night and he was far and away the character I had the most success with. He feels like he's all about application and not execution, so I had a much easier time playing against people with him.

I've been able to consistently hit confirm Dark Hole into Chaotic Flame but Purification canceling is a bit trickier. (both because of the motion and because it feels like it's easier to punish me for whiffing with them) I guess I would benefit more from the shoryuken practice than fireball practice, though, so I guess I'll try incorporating more purification.

As Dormammu is the character I'm finding the easiest to use, I'd like to build a team around him. I have no idea who has particularly good synergy with him, but the only other characters I've been able to control to any degree of success are Sentinel (for some reason, I can hit his bnb combo much more reliably than anyone else's) and Tron. I've also been running Dorm on point and I've read he's much better elsewhere. I just like the security of being able to have both of my assists to help with zoning. Tron is so effective at keeping guys off me that I'd hate to not have hers when Dorm is out.

It's interesting you bring up Dormammu. We had our weekly Marvel game night last night and he was far and away the character I had the most success with. He feels like he's all about application and not execution, so I had a much easier time playing against people with him.

I've been able to consistently hit confirm Dark Hole into Chaotic Flame but Purification canceling is a bit trickier. (both because of the motion and because it feels like it's easier to punish me for whiffing with them) I guess I would benefit more from the shoryuken practice than fireball practice, though, so I guess I'll try incorporating more purification.

As Dormammu is the character I'm finding the easiest to use, I'd like to build a team around him. I have no idea who has particularly good synergy with him, but the only other characters I've been able to control to any degree of success are Sentinel (for some reason, I can hit his bnb combo much more reliably than anyone else's) and Tron. I've also been running Dorm on point and I've read he's much better elsewhere. I just like the security of being able to have both of my assists to help with zoning. Tron is so effective at keeping guys off me that I'd hate to not have hers when Dorm is out.
It's funny you say that, because Dormammu/Tron Bonne/Sentinel is actually a solid team. I have three Dormammu teams, working on making more - I'd like to use every character in the game on a team with him eventually.

Where Dormammu should be in your team order depends on your team, but he's generally best in the second slot, sometimes best in the first, and almost never in the third.

A shameless self-plug for my Dormammu guide:
http://shoryuken.com/f361/dormammu-thread-261936/

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I really wish I were good at Doom. Aside from being one of the few Marvel characters I actually find cool, he's got fantastic team synergy, good damage and is flashy as hell. The moment I try to combo with him though I fuck up and then get punished for half my health. I need a Doom For Dummies book and some Clockw0rk sessions.

ntropy said:
does jill have to be so hunched over? it's ungainly to see.

Her animation in general is kinda bad. She'd be right at home in Mortal Kombat.

Dahbomb

You should watch the Dormammu combo "bible" to get a hang of his game play.

He is best played as your 2nd or last character because he likes to have hyper meter on deck. He is one of those characters who can just throw out random hypers and it would still serve you good because of their speed and/or chip damage. Dormammu + LVL3 XFC + Hyper meter = One of the best anchors in the game because he can kill character with just chip damage alone. But he also likes having assists on deck so having him 2nd is probably your best option.

His combos aren't hard to do and the hit box on his normals are insane.

As far as his teammates go, he can gel with a lot of characters but likes to be with characters who aren't meter hogs themselves. Sentinel is a good combo with Dormammu, I personally like the Purification assist with Sentinel to cover his ass from the air (as an OTG move it sucks, launches enemies to high). You could probably try to cover your approach from the air with Sentinel when he's in flight mode using the Purification assist.

Doom Hidden missile assist is godly with Dormammu but again Doom is high execution character and using him just for his assist ends up being a liability.

I would recommend you try out Deadpool, Wesker or Storm. Storm is a character who has no usage of Shoryuken movements and you don't really need to be high execution with her if you have a handle on her dashes. Wesker is the same because you can just replace his teleports by using the Gun or Fist strike moves into L/M/H for insta-teleporting. Deadpool is a zoner like Dormammu and Dormammu Black Hole can set up hit confirms for Deadpool. All these characters benefit greatly from Sentinel's Drones assist (then again, how doesn't?).

If I were you, I would seriously consider checking out Storm/Dormammu/Sentinel. Simple ground combo, simple air combo, OTG super with Storm's Whirlwind Ice hyper DHC into Sentinel's HSF hyper will do very solid damage due to DHC glitch. You can also more than likely hit confirm Sentinel's Mouth Beam into Dormammu's Chaotic Flame (like say you know will hit someone from full screen with the Beam, just use Beam xx HSF xx Chaotic Flame. Before the first HSF drones hit the guy, you will have cancelled to Dormammy's faster Chaotic Flame hyper which will hit off of the mouth beam and the Drones will add the extra damage).

Even if you decide to swap Storm for Dormammu, Storm's Whirlwind assist comes out fast and you can hit confirm into Finger -> Dark Hole -> Chaotic Flame. Storm also has massive chip game. All of Dorm's hyper easily DHC into Storm's Ice Storm.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Just checked and Event Mode isn't listed in the xbl marketplace for the game.

No further title update either, not showing up in game anywhere, etc.

TheSeks

Kaijima said:

He's right. It's up. Boot the game. It'll check for download content. It's in the "online" section. Choose event(s) you want to do and then do them.

Basically, it's a "quest" mode with some neat ones (arcade with restrictions) and some horrible (win # online matches) ones.

Is it now? Everyone's been saying it hasn't shown up?

Well, somehow this guy is streaming it:
http://www.justin.tv/honzo_gonzo#/w/1005440384

He's right. It's up. Boot the game. It'll check for download content. It's in the "online" section. Choose event(s) you want to do and then do them.

Basically, it's a "quest" mode with some neat ones (arcade with restrictions) and some horrible (win # online matches) ones.
Those Win # ones aren't events though, just...stuff? It seems like they'll be spreading this out a lot, since Event Mode has 50 titles linked to it.

TheSeks

I dunno. I haven't done them yet. I'm curious if you can "boost" them for the titles with a friend to get those over with. I hate online quest/achievements for rewards, so stupid. :/

I'm doing the arcade with diminished health one and as usual spamming Sentinel makes it easy peasy. :/

Curious how hard it would be to do with the health and no hyper requirements to beat Arcade (since they want you to beat Galactius with no hypers, but that isn't required [just beat the 7 rounds] for diminished health)

Karsticles said:
It's funny you say that, because Dormammu/Tron Bonne/Sentinel is actually a solid team. I have three Dormammu teams, working on making more - I'd like to use every character in the game on a team with him eventually.

Where Dormammu should be in your team order depends on your team, but he's generally best in the second slot, sometimes best in the first, and almost never in the third.

A shameless self-plug for my Dormammu guide:
http://shoryuken.com/f361/dormammu-thread-261936/

Nice guide, Kart. Dorm's my main, and all your tips and thoughts on dorm are very helpful.

edit: Is there a list of what the new Event requirements are?

Whomever I just had player matches with... coe something or other on PSN -- if you're GAF, you're damn good. Thanks for kicking my ass. ^_^

Event mode is live on PSN, no additional download, the content just "unlocked" when I booted it up today. I thought it was lame as hell, but I turned one on before getting schoole by the gentleman I mention up there (Doom/Dormammu/Dante).

It's basically "beat arcade mode without using a hyper combo, beat arcade mode with only team aerial exchange combos doing damage. get 30 wins online, get 5 wins online. get 2 wins in a row online." You turn one event on and it stays on until you complete it. Worthless now. Might've been better if it was unlocked when I was platinuming the game.

GuardianE said:
Apparently Event Mode is out. Any impressions considering we know nothing about it?
"Beat Arcade mode with ________"

Dropping health, only doing damage with supers/team air combos, etc.

"Win ____ matches online"

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Slamtastic said:
"Beat Arcade mode with ________"

Dropping health, only doing damage with supers/team air combos, etc.

"Win ____ matches online"

Thanks.

Huh. And they only give titles or something? There are 17 of them, right? Are the matches player or ranked? Do they have to be done today?

Dahbomb

From a user on Capcom Unity

1.) Event Match 01: Finish Arcade with a diminished vitality gauge (final battle excluded)

2.) Event Match 02: Finish Arcade without using Hyper Combos (final battle excluded)

3.) The Road to Victory 01: Win one Xbox Live match

4.) The Road to Victory 02: Win five Xbox Live matches

5.) The Road to Victory 03: Win ten Xbox Live matches

6.) The Road to Victory 04: Win 30 Xbox Live matches

7.) The Road to Victory 05: Win 50 Xbox Live matches

8.) Event Match 03: Finish Arcade with only Hyper Combos doing damage (final battle excluded)

9.) I Got Next! 01: Win two Xbox Live matches in a row

10.) I Got Next! 02: Win three Xbox Live matches in a row

11.) I Got Next! 03: Win five Xbox Live matches in a row

12.) I Got Next! 04: Win seven Xbox Live matches in a row

13.) I Got Next! 05: Win ten Xbox Live matches in a row

14.) Event Match 04: Finish Arcade Mode with normal attacks shaving off vitality (final battle excluded)

15.) Event Match 05: Finish Arcade with only combos of 5 hits or more dealing damage (final battle excluded)

16.) Event Match 06: Finish Arcade ith a gradually decreasing vitality gauge (final battle excluded)

17.) Event Match 07: Finish Arcade with only Team Aerial Combos doing damage (final battle excluded)

TheSeks

50 events, IIRC. Gives titles for them on completion. No, they don't have to all be done today. Dunno about the online ones.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Those are pretty easy if they can all be done in player matches/lobbies. I guess they'll trickle them out slowly.

the_log_ride said:
Cripes, I hope some of those (win matches/ win x matches in a row) are retroactive...

I doubt it. The point of Event Mode is probably to get people to start playing them game again who have put it down.

TheSeks

the_log_ride said:
You're right. And plus, there's no mention of these having to be ranked matches anyway.

You want to test that theory? IIRC You still have me on your list from GT5, we could do player matches to see if that works as I would like to get the wins in a row and 50 for the titles.

LakeEarth

Sucks they're not retroactive, I don't see how I can get the 10 wins in a row event now that matchmaking only pits me against 4th lords or higher.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
LakeEarth said:
Sucks they're not retroactive, I don't see how I can get the 10 wins in a row event now that matchmaking only pits me against 4th lords or higher.

Set your Rank Limit to Any... and couldn't you do it in a Lobby with people you know?

TheSeks said:
You want to test that theory? IIRC You still have me on your list from GT5, we could do player matches to see if that works as I would like to get the wins in a row and 50 for the titles.

I'm down. Won't be home until later tonight, though.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
LakeEarth said:
I assumed by XBL wins they meant ranked, I guess if player matches count then I'll eventually get 10 in a row.

Well, I hope it's player matches. I got 10 Ranked win in a row yesterday, but I don't want to stress about maintaining the streak.

EDIT: Confirmed it works for Player matches.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They're not retroactive? WTF IS THIS SHIT CAPCOM I'VE ALREADY PLAYED THROUGH ARCADE MODE 40 TIMES OVER :/ :/ :/

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
enzo_gt said:
They're not retroactive? WTF IS THIS SHIT CAPCOM I'VE ALREADY PLAYED THROUGH ARCADE MODE 40 TIMES OVER :/ :/ :/

Uhhh, how could you have retroactively beaten arcade mode with draining health or Hyper only damage?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GuardianE said:
Uhhh, how could you have retroactively beaten arcade mode with draining health or Hyper only damage?
I guess I'm actually more upset about the win x games online one. I thought someone said there was beat arcade mode with character X ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom