• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
robut said:
People hate zoning teams more than anything (my 20+ first week hate messages can attest to that). Someone should do a big write-up at SRK about how zoning is a legit way to play MVC3.

What's your team, btw. Don't you use ShumaG?

I was using Arthur/Dormammu/Morrigan. My other teams are MODOK/Thor/Deadpool and Jill/Wesker/Doom.

I couldn't find a good reason to use Shuma, even if he's my favorite character.

Karsticles said:
Does this involve a Liberation? His Liberations seem to get special damage bonuses (or maybe it has something to do with how X-Factor changes scaling?). He can output 2.0 million with 5 bars and level 1 X-Factor.
Yeah, liberation 2/1. So good.

USD said:
This combo by MarlinPie has to be one of the sickest I've seen so far. How many other people have raw tag combos? Kyohei, always godlike.

I missed the Smooth Jumper/Noel Brown fight live. Just watched. Wow. Real real match indeed. The Break #101 is already legendary.

I was making raw tag combos with Thor last week, nothing that long, though.

Axis

RS4- said:
GGs, nice Doom

thanks, gg's...i hate your wesker :p

doom's the only character i'm really settled with...i'm trying to learn storm and i love hsien ko but i think morrigan or felicia would be better suited

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Axis said:
thanks, gg's...i hate your wesker :p

doom's the only character i'm really settled with...i'm trying to learn storm and i love hsien ko but i think morrigan or felicia would be better suited

GGs, gettin burned by chaotic lame.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
God damn I felt so bad for Gootecks :(

rivals

Haunts - sweet article on ipw on the Dragon Lounge. What time do you guys normally start? I want to check it out some time but I live in the south bay and work full time, and as far as I know there's no good bart access to the sunset.

Ferrio

Banned
Oh shitty shitty spiderman, who shall I replace you with. I really wanna learn him, but his stubby legs, difficult combos, worthless assists (maybe the worse in the entire game), and odd movement make him a big chore.

Neki

rivals said:
Haunts - sweet article on ipw on the Dragon Lounge. What time do you guys normally start? I want to check it out some time but I live in the south bay and work full time, and as far as I know there's no good bart access to the sunset.
but he has a throw infinite

Chavelo

LeMaximilian said:
I'll do my best to try and brawl with a dood in a full body cast on the stream.

2z9fwk9.png

Ferrio

Banned
Speaking of spideman's shitty assists, who do you guys think has the most worthless assists?

Spiderman is definitely a contender, ryu too I'd wager.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Ferrio said:
Speaking of spideman's shitty assists, who do you guys think has the most worthless assists?

SRK has some invicibility so...not completely useless

Dorm is up there as some of the worst. Long start-up on all of them.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
WNF is now competing with guard crush.

I'll probably stick with Guard Crush live and catch wnf highlights later. East coast is more hype for sure. On top of that its a spooky stream and its at henry cen's new place.

Dahbomb

Just about everyone has at least one good assist. I would say Jill's assists aren't all that but I could be wrong because I don't actually have the character, just going by what I have seen. Spider Man is pretty high on the list of crappy all around assists with Dormammu. I am not really a big fan of Captain American's either.

Dr Doom on the other hand is a character I would nominate for having the best assists. All 3 of his assists are really solid.

Spider-man, Wolverine, maybe Super-Skrull, Jill, Viewtiful Joe, Ryu, Spencer, Viper, and Zero (unbuffed) come to mind. At least a basic projectile is worth something though.

Dorm is pretty crap on assists.
They certainly are not the best, but Dark Hole is actually a pretty solid assist for rushdown characters, either for relaunches or for lockdown. Plus, if you call Dark Hole at the same time you use Sentinel's s.S, it begins right after s.S's blockstun ends, making the move completely safe; it also comes out too slow to interrupt the launch!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Ferrio said:
Oh shitty shitty spiderman, who shall I replace you with. I really wanna learn him, but his stubby legs, difficult combos, worthless assists (maybe the worse in the entire game), and odd movement make him a big chore.

I would totally play Spider-Man as he's just about my favorite comic character but I can't play him worth crap. He seems like one of the least new user-friendly characters and even though I'm inching towards intermediate level now he still seems too execution heavy with not enough rewards for consistently nailing his more tricky combos. One of the reasons Taskmaster is on my team is because he somewhat represents Spidey and he's an awesome character in his own right. I'm also rocking the Spider-Man icon online.

He makes it up by being one of the best solo characters and one of the best anchors in the game.
From my conversation about this at SRK:
http://shoryuken.com/f361/dorm-anchor-what-do-you-think-269424/

I think Dormammu is a weak anchor, for a few reasons:
1) Dormammu really needs assists to shine; you're cutting off half his game if you can't use assists to make teleport mix-ups.
2) Great anchors have great assists to justify holding them off. Dark Hole is just not that good.
3) Dormammu's main X-Factor bonus is massive chip...which is completely negated by an opposing level 3 X-Factor.
4) Dormammu is amazing at punishing assists; by holding him off to be your anchor, half the time you are ignoring an asset of his.

Edit:
If I were to make a list of best anchors in the game, right now it would be Dante, Sentinel, Phoenix (duh), and Akuma. Maybe more, but those come to mind as the obvious choices.

LakeEarth

Prototype-03 said:
He makes it up by being one of the best solo characters and one of the best anchors in the game.
Nah, he has a real hard time getting people off him. I think he's best as a runner-up, still has an assist for protection and has the bars to deal massive damage.

Ferrio

Banned
Karsticles said:
Edit:
If I were to make a list of best anchors in the game, right now it would be Dante, Sentinel, Phoenix (duh), and Akuma. Maybe more, but those come to mind as the obvious choices.

I'd lump wesker in there too probably.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
LakeEarth said:
Nah, he has a real hard time getting people off him. I think he's best as a runner-up, still has an assist for protection and has the bars to deal massive damage.
he's a good anchor cuz of his damage output and near stupid chip damage and when add XF and meter to that....The ridiculous wins i've gotten with this guy as anchor, makes me feel dirty.

Dahbomb

Wesker is much better with Assists and in the current meta game he is better as a second character. He is still solid as Assist/anchor though.

Dormammu also isn't bad as Anchor but he's better as 2nd character. His damage output and chip damage is stupid in XFC LVL3, possibly the highest in the game. He can kill Phoenix and then kill her again before she touches the ground to X Factor.

rivals

Karsticles said:
Edit:

I was actually wondering your opinion on this - I need a good anchor for my Ammy (cold star) / Dorm (Dark Hole) team. I've been messing around with Doom (Plasma Beam) since the guide talks about how helpful it is for Dorm but I've been ridiculously busy and I've barely had time to work on getting a combo down with Ammy and Dorm individually let alone working on team strategy.

LakeEarth said:

That's a problem with most anchors though. There's not a lot of characters that can deal with pressure 1 on 1 unless your character can outright beat your jab. Dorm, considering he's a big character, can deal somewhat... He has a fly, teleport and a fast jab that's not even part of his body. Not much more you can ask for.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Karsticles said:
Edit:
I fought a few guys today who had X-factor Akuma as their anchor, and boy was it a challenge to keep that comeback victory away from them! When he comes in and powers up I can only imagine a kid suddenly getting injected with Coca-Cola and sherbert, running around the store while the father (me) quietly tells him to calm down.

Btw mate, I sent a PSN message to Karsticles as a wild stab in the dark. Hope to catch ya later.

B-Genius said:
I fought a few guys today who had X-factor Akuma as their anchor, and boy was it a challenge to keep that comeback victory away from them! When he comes in and powers up I can only imagine a kid suddenly getting injected with Coca-Cola and sherbert, running around the store while the father (me) quietly tells him to calm down.

Btw mate, I sent a PSN message to Karsticles as a wild stab in the dark. Hope to catch ya later.

Yeah, Akuma is one of the few characters that can play anything... Can be used as point, 2nd or anchor.

Also, GGs to Ferrio the last couple of nights. I think you should drop spiderman... It was a much bigger challenge once you swapped him out with Lei Lei. I'm thinking about dropping Dante too... Seems like Tron and Dante are basically doing the same thing as far as assists goes and I need someone who can cover horizontal so I can gain ground with viper.

edit: also learning new characters/teams suck. I hate looking stupid after getting a hit in.

rivals

Prototype-03 said:
edit: also learning new characters/teams suck. I hate looking stupid after getting a hit in.

This is exactly why I've barely played the game :( My buddy and I get together 1-2x a week to play Super and this and I just get bodied practically every round in Marvel.

Ferrio

Banned
Prototype-03 said:
Yeah, Akuma is one of the few characters that can play anything... Can be used as point, 2nd or anchor.

Also, GGs to Ferrio the last couple of nights. I think you should drop spiderman... It was a much bigger challenge once you swapped him out with Lei Lei. I'm thinking about dropping Dante too... Seems like Tron and Dante are basically doing the same thing as far as assists goes and I need someone who can cover horizontal so I can gain ground with viper.

Ya, that team has no good assists. Hulk is okay, but takes his sweet ass time. LeiLei wouldn't be bad to put on it, for the hulkster. Task is another I'd look at seriously. I really wanted to rock the lesser used characters though, but they're less used for a reason : | But man, tron would shut his ass down, he had no response to that.

Story of my life with spiderman, so surprised when he gets a hit in. Even more surprised if I get the hit in and i'm not 2 character lengths away due to the weird air swing physics.

Ferrio said:
Ya, that team has no good assists. Hulk is okay, but takes his sweet ass time. LeiLei wouldn't be bad to put on it, for the hulkster. Task is another I'd look at seriously. I really wanted to rock the lesser used characters though, but they're less used for a reason : |

You could use the hard to use characters but are OP once you learn them. Go rock Viper/Chris/MODOK. I will give you a cookie if you can pull that off.

he's a good anchor cuz of his damage output and near stupid chip damage and when add XF and meter to that....The ridiculous wins i've gotten with this guy as anchor, makes me feel dirty.
Akuma. Everything you love about Dormammu as an anchor, but better, unless you just have an obsession with wasting meter on a bunch of Stalking Flares.

I'd lump wesker in there too probably.
He's definitely up there, but you'd need a team that really makes Samurai Edge worth it.

Wesker is much better with Assists and in the current meta game he is better as a second character. He is still solid as Assist/anchor though.
I think Wesker is best on point.

I was actually wondering your opinion on this - I need a good anchor for my Ammy (cold star) / Dorm (Dark Hole) team. I've been messing around with Doom (Plasma Beam) since the guide talks about how helpful it is for Dorm but I've been ridiculously busy and I've barely had time to work on getting a combo down with Ammy and Dorm individually let alone working on team strategy.
Any beam assist is really awesome for Dormammu, but there are a lot of other options too, like Sentinel Force and Jam Session. As great as Doom's Plasma Beam is, it has downsides too:
1) It's not as fast as Magneto's.
2) It hits 8 times, which takes Dormammu's bnb down in damage by ~100K; if you don't use Chaotic Flame at the end of your combo, you're only doing about 250K.
3) DHCing from Dormammu to Doom successfully (meaning you retain most of the damage between the hypers) is only possible in corners.

I think I have around 500 matches using Dormammu and Doom together, and while I still like the duo, I've found other combinations I find more enjoyable.

That's a problem with most anchors though. There's not a lot of characters that can deal with pressure 1 on 1 unless your character can outright beat your jab. Dorm, considering he's a big character, can deal somewhat... He has a fly, teleport and a fast jab that's not even part of his body. Not much more you can ask for.
He has a fly that leads to nothing, his teleport, unless you want to risk using the H version without cover (probably not), can't be comboed out of alone, and his jab has a 6 frame startup in a game filled with characters that have 3 or 4 frames as a standard, plus it's not rapid-fire. None of these are particularly helpful in a level 3 X-Factor battle.

That is the correct PSN; I will respond when I get home from work tonight. Yeah, level 3 X-Factor Akuma makes me wish for Sentinel in his stead.

I don't have extensive experience with Viper, but Doom might be an interesting partner, since she is one of the few characters he can consistently DHC with (theoretically, I haven't tried it).

I hate using new teams/characters against people, and they have the nerve to taunt, teabag, or send "lolusuck" mail afterward. I always take a match to pick my main team at that point, destroy them, and then go back to the experimental team.

Story of my life with spiderman, so surprised when he gets a hit in. Even more surprised if I get the hit in and i'm not 2 character lengths away due to the weird air swing physics.
I always forget that you can OTG Arthur when his armor breaks. I have a moment, every time, where I'm just so happy that there won't be anymore homing arrows that I don't care, either.

Dahbomb

I think Wesker is best on point.
DHC glitch says hi, especially if you are using someone like Magneto on point who greatly benefits from Wesker's Low Shot.

That's why I said "in the current meta game" because right now DHC glitch is being exploited and if we see a change to it then Wesker will be moved back to point character.

NerdJosh

Neo Member
Wesker is top with wolvie right now imho. Not just the dhc glitch, with throw/airthrow switch proration glitch wesker benefits alot from the system. Also last resort team america lvl 3 xfactor combos.. lolol

LakeEarth

Speaking of Wesker, he has the ability to cancel his low shot into a team hyper combo. If you just have one you just get a maximum wesker, but if you also had Zero on your team, a 2 level team hyper would have both hypers hit. I wonder if a level 3 team hyper combo could do as much damage as low shot -> assist to keep him in place -> Wesker's level 3 hyper if you had the right team for it.

DHC glitch says hi, especially if you are using someone like Magneto on point who greatly benefits from Wesker's Low Shot.

That's why I said "in the current meta game" because right now DHC glitch is being exploited and if we see a change to it then Wesker will be moved back to point character.
We're talking about characters, not teams. Dormammu is best in second, but if you use Dormammu/Tron/Sentinel, he's best in first. Taking just the character by himself, Wesker is best first. Yes, if you use a DHC glitch abusing team, then he is certainly worth putting in second.

Speaking of Wesker, he has the ability to cancel his low shot into a team hyper combo. If you just have one you just get a maximum wesker, but if you also had Zero on your team, a 2 level team hyper would have both hypers hit. I wonder if a level 3 team hyper combo could do as much damage as low shot -> assist to keep him in place -> Wesker's level 3 hyper if you had the right team for it.
I seem to recall this being utilized with a team that had Ryu's Shinkuu Tatsumaki used in the THC to hold the character in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom